Welcome, Guest

Gaining control/Becoming sane
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gaining control/Becoming sane 1602 Views

Gaining control/Becoming sane 30 Apr 2019 13:12 #340787

• Tzvi5
  • Current streak: 1261 days
  • Senior Boarder
Hi everyone I've been following the posts on the forum for a while now, and see what different people are going through, and want to share my thoughts, on how be free from insanity/Addiction, to help anyone I can.
I'll share what worked for me, and will try to break it down as well as i can.
Last Edit: 30 Apr 2019 13:13 by Tzvi5.

Re: Gaining control/Becoming sane 30 Apr 2019 19:41 #340794

• Tzvi5
  • Senior Boarder
This approach aims to build the כח הסברא ie:  logical reasoning, in the hope that the mind will become sane and be able to control addiction. (For those who say addiction is their solution not their problem, this also can make the "problems" that underly the addiction, not seem as problems, and have them stop bothering you.)

Re: Gaining control/Becoming sane 30 Apr 2019 19:58 #340795

• Tzvi5
  • Senior Boarder
Learning laws and the reasons for the laws, teaches how one to think, so that when statement "A" is said he looks for an explanation.
For example "rich people have lots of money, because they worked hard and accumulated wealth", the statement is: that "rich people have lots of money", the explanation is: because "they accumulated wealth"
However a problem can be that someone could read the whole paragraph and the ideas are to deep or don't click in his mind, which causes that he doesn't gain the benefits of practising analytical thinking. 
a solution would be summarize the statement and explanation in his own words which makes the material easier for the mind to get it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes