Welcome, Guest

Mix Swimming
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mix Swimming 5487 Views

Re: Mix Swimming 26 Jun 2015 23:49 #257897

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Lol, Bigmoish. U definitely got me there

In all seriousness though, we do the things today that will help for tomorrow and don't do the things that will hurt. That's part of what we do for today. We don't worry about something or ruminate over things that we have no control over.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Mix Swimming 27 Jun 2015 00:02 #257898

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Btw if r even just wiling to jump off a train for sobriety, mixed swimming wouldn't cause us to fall. I'm not talking about halacha here obviously.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.

Re: Mix Swimming 27 Jun 2015 23:20 #257904

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm a serious swimmer and have swim for years. I used to swim about 2 miles a week. It was mixed swimming.
As I made improvements in my kedusha I moved to a less busy pool, and then with time was mekabel never to enter pool area with glasses (my vision is bad), then I eventually even painted the inside of my goggles black with a small hole to see through.
Did swimming bring on lust? Once I was mekabel not to go with glasses to the pool area i by then cared very much about kedusha and I think not. I still had occasional falls.
I eventually reached a place where I felt it was time and appropriate to cut out mixed swimming completely. For the siyata dishmaya I needed to have greater freedom from acting out, and also in respect of the sense of kedusha Hashem had given me.
I am pained by the loss of swimming, and I haven't exercised for a year. But it was a deal that I went into with full knowledge and stand by to this day. If I didn't, I would go back.

Re: Mix Swimming 28 Jun 2015 02:41 #257910

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I hope I don't have to give up swimming. Although I haven't been swimming that much lately for various reasons, I like to swim open water. There is a group that goes 2 mornings at 7am for .6 miles and then back for 1.2 total. It's amazing.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: Mix Swimming 28 Jun 2015 03:06 #257914

• sib101854
  • Current streak: 4031 days
  • Platinum Boarder
B"Ezras HaShem, I will post the mareh makom tomorrow or Monday evening.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes