Welcome, Guest

don't slip, it hurts -
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: don't slip, it hurts - 6160 Views

Re: don't slip, it hurts - 24 Mar 2015 19:36 #251170

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Thanks for bumping up this thread. I had been meaning to go back and read it and make a comment, but I decided to just stick with my usual thread. It's nice to look back at a post from a few months ago and see what's similar and what's different in myself.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: don't slip, it hurts - 01 Jun 2015 03:16 #255744

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
How to avoid a slip?
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Someone asked me what the key to staying clean is. I said if I had that key, I'd be rich. During my first few days of abstinence, I would get these crazy thoughts and also physical feelings that I felt had to be quelled with a release. I held back and just laughed at myself and the insanity. I recently discovered that I wasn't as insane as I thought I was. I also discovered that those physical feelings were real and not just a result of my craziness. I didn't realize that when I look at women in the stores or on the streets, I am causing myself a physical arousal. It may be a miniscule additional flow of blood, to my lower regions, that I previously would have never thought of as an arousal, but it's there and it's real. It's just a sensation or a tingle, but an arousal nonetheless. The point is that I don't have room for any lust and even a small amount of lust has a physical effect on me. I may not even notice it, but it's there day after day if I take in lust, until the point comes where I can't control myself anymore. So if I don't want to slip up later, I have to act now.

Hatzlacha!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes