Welcome, Guest

Dress like an addict
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dress like an addict 1251 Views

Dress like an addict 02 Nov 2011 17:53 #123921

• AlexEliezer
  • Platinum Boarder

Been wanting to share this one tip, which is especially helpful for shmiras habris.

According to halacha (heard in a posek's shiur), one should dress from the top down, right side before left, and undress from the bottom up, left side first.  (For a righty, shoes should be untied right, left, then removed left right; when dressing, put the right shoe on, then the left, then tie the left, then the right.)  Wash in the shower from the top down, right side first.  By dressing and washing according to the ratzon Hashem, you will be humbled during these possibly triggering activities.

One more thing.  As an addict, try not to let yourself be completely undressed unless you're getting right into the shower.  Save your underwear to remove last and put them on first when you're dressing.  Because of tznius, you may do this even though it breaks the "top first" rule.

If you're changing outfits, like getting into PJs, undress and re-dress half your body at a time.

When you're doing all of this, think about how you're doing the ratzon Hashem, and that this is how an eved Hashem dresses and showers.

Last Edit: by .

Re: Dress like an addict 02 Nov 2011 18:10 #123932

• heuni memass
Thanks Alex.

Hope to keep in mind.

Re: Dress like an addict 02 Nov 2011 18:55 #123938

• Hashem Yaasfeni
Dear Heuni Mimaas,

You must be a baal tefillah/ chazan to have such a name. ?  Do you think there are many talented singers and Chazzanim with this issue?  I also daven for yomim noroim and feel the glow and energy when I daven with all my heart.  But it also kills me because i know that I am impure and have defiled many times myself and here I am representing a kahal Kaddosh.  Its only until I found GYE that i feel I have the ability and support to share my issue and be able to break it once and for all.

I only agreed to become a Chazzan years ago when my rebbe told me that if my attitude is that I feel unworthy to represent the community as shliach tzibbur then I am the right person, ie with a small ego...

What do you think ???

Re: Dress like an addict 02 Nov 2011 19:22 #123942

• heuni memass
HY - Nice to meet you. I know my name may make you think so however I am not a chazan on yomim nora'im. over the past 2 years there has been conversations about chazanim for the yomim noraim that may interest you.

here is a link www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2872.0

[/quote]Hashem Yaasfeni wrote on 02 Nov 2011 18:55:

Its only until I found GYE that i feel I have the ability and support to share my issue and be able to break it once and for all.

I can second that. It's an amaizing place and lots of good people here. There is so much to learn on this site lots of great advice here. Make a plan of action that you would like to follow and stick to it. whether its the phone conferences, posting, 12 step groups, trucking or all the above.

A huge key is to know Hashem loves us so much no matter how low we have gone.

Keep on trucking my friend...

hm

Re: Dress like an addict 02 Nov 2011 19:34 #123943

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
HM. You beat me to it.  I knew there was a thread about this but coulndn't find it.  I finally started going through all my posts and found it... only to realize that you already found it too.  I guess that's another way to know you've been on GYE for a while.  When it takes you more than 15 minutes to find something you posted about in the past.  8)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes