Welcome, Guest

Just a Tip that works for me
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just a Tip that works for me 1429 Views

Just a Tip that works for me 30 May 2011 04:44 #107337

• Lo Sasuru
Hello, this is my second post (after introducing myself). This tip happens to work a lot for me so i just would like to share it. (I'm not sure if this exact one has been discussed before so sorry if i repeat).

I find if I am having diffuculty with my thoughts, it helps to look and hold my tzizis. To think about their meaning as mentioned in S'hma.
"V’haya lachem l’tzizis ur’isem oso... v’lo sasuru acharei l’vavchem v’acharei eineiche asher atem zonim achareihem"
Hashem in his infintite wisdom, gave us a mitzvah that specifically helps with Shmiras Einayim and with lusts of the heart.
Just holding/kissing the Tzizis helps me control my desires.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks for listening :D
-Pinny
Last Edit: 30 May 2011 04:48 by .

Re: Just a Tip that works for me 20 Jun 2011 09:56 #109070

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
I just posted this : Blind Beggar wrote on 20 Jun 2011 09:54:

The Chofetz Chaim at the very end of Shmiras Haloshon, Chasimas Hasefer perek 3, says if an unclean thought comes into your head, look at your tzitzes and it will go away.

and then I saw this post!
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?
Last Edit: by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes