Welcome, Guest

First timer, this is the story which made me realize that I need GYE.
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: First timer, this is the story which made me realize that I need GYE. 3097 Views

Re: First timer, this is the story which made me realize that I need GYE. 06 Mar 2011 03:32 #99673

risingup, well my addiction probably stems from boredom, loneliness, and a recovering heart, that as a result has left me in a minor depression. i feel once I get married and find a job my life will have enough meaning and i will be busy enough where this addiction will fall by the waist side. I still plan to use this site as a wall and take necessary precautions. But i feel when i find true love lust will be weakened.  im saying this primarily bec of the emotional advantages that a wife brings, as well, (secondary)  physical advantages to.

Just thought I'd share that...
Last Edit: by .

Re: First timer, this is the story which made me realize that I need GYE. 06 Mar 2011 03:56 #99675

• Rising Up
  • Current streak: 122 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree with you 100%.  However, the reason why I am deciding to go about it differently than you lies within my very use of GYE as a whole.  I also thought for many years, and still do think, that loneliness, boredom and a lack of friends as a child, were the main reasons that lust took a stronghold within me.  Up until I discovered GYE about two months ago,  I also was planning on starting shidduchim with the same attitude as you.  I still do not see why I would have done any differently had I not discovered GYE.  However, as a result of GYE, I have been afforded the opportunity to mitigate those concerns (the "confidence" that we previously spoke about) and therefore I have decided to do so. The reason why I would no longer revert to the previous method with which I was planning on using (your method) is because I was never aware of this (full recovery prior to marriage) being a possibility and I reasoned that I eventually would not have a lust relationship if what is causing me to lust is no longer a problem as a result of companionship.  Now that I do not have to place my bets on that, I am no longer willing to do so if I can't fix the problem.  The reasoning is simple.  If I can't fix, or at least partially mitigate, the problem by using group companionship (GYE) as a whole, there seems to be a lesser chance that by getting married, companionship will do the job.  In short, this website and my use of it, is a way for me to test if your method (and mine too, prior to my discovery of GYE) is true and if it isn't than to go about it the way I am doing it now.

Rising Up
Last Edit: by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes