Welcome, Guest

Hello from Blind Beggar
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Hello from Blind Beggar 86827 Views

Re: Hello from Blind Beggar 05 Apr 2011 15:18 #103157

• tzaddik90
  • Platinum Boarder
bb, i was planning on arranging one for after pesach, i thought it would suit ppl better
it looks as if we have about 15 gye's here in EY
we can have it either on lebanese border, ashkelon, gush katif, or someone's house
if only i made the time to chairperson it....
Last Edit: by .

Re: Hello from Blind Beggar 05 Apr 2011 15:25 #103159

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
There are hundreds of GYE men in Eretz Yisroel. Count me in for any party with plenty of food and no women. I live in Kever Rashbi in Meron. Rent is free but there's no privacy for GYE events.
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?

Re: Hello from Blind Beggar 05 Apr 2011 20:24 #103221

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Blind Beggar wrote on 05 Apr 2011 15:25:

There are hundreds of GYE men in Eretz Yisroel. Count me in for any party with plenty of food and no women. I live in Kever Rashbi in Meron.

Then... what do you do for Lag B'Omer?

Re: Hello from Blind Beggar 05 Apr 2011 21:22 #103232

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
I stay on the men's side of the mechitza and dance and daven like everyone else.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.

Re: Hello from Blind Beggar 06 Apr 2011 07:22 #103309

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
12 days ago I fell from using Facebook, and the next morning I was learning Tomer Devorah which inspired me to get K9 to block both Facebook and Flickr. The Remak explains one of Hashem's middos using a gemora which is the daily daf this week, so I have posted it in the Bais Medrash here: www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=3104.msg103308#msg103308
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Last Edit: 12 Apr 2011 21:59 by .

Re: Hello from Blind Beggar 06 Apr 2011 09:08 #103320

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Does that mean you blocked facebook?

That's great!

--Eye.

Re: Hello from Blind Beggar 06 Apr 2011 09:11 #103321

• tzaddik90
  • Platinum Boarder
i must relate an experience
the last three weeks i have only used gmail and gye, and i almost forgot there was something called internet
was the best feeling of my life when i realized

its like when u wake up, feel good, and then go back to sleep and do it again

so im gonna forget about this experiencs and try to remember it again in a couple weeks

Re: Hello from Blind Beggar 06 Apr 2011 16:07 #103371

• Dov
  • Administrator
Beautiful post!!

It's nice to be free, no? Actually, once we are free for a bit, it becomes hard to believe that we'd ever want to go back to slavery....but we will, nebach. No matter how smart we are. When it comes to lust we are stupid. I believe that total relapse is guaranteed, if not for staying with Hashem - even very, very imperfectly. Actually, especially imperfectly! Karov Hashem l'chol kor'av...b'Emess. (In my siddur it is written on the side of that possuk: even me. Cuz I never really believed he was for me. Dodi li!)

Till I was ready to give up "the lusting fun and adventure," I called to Him but not at all b'Emess. Whining is not tefillah, at all - even whining to Him!

Ole'!!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Hello from Blind Beggar 10 Apr 2011 17:45 #103774

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
It's time to explain my new signature.
1) If I see a woman I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
2) I can guard my eyes.
3) I want to guard my eyes.
4) I do guard my eyes.

1) Is the first step of SA. I am powerless over lust, once I start, I cannot stop.

2) My reaction is not to look, like an alcoholic who cannot have only one drink. He can have none or he can go on a drunken binge. Elya explained 1) and 2) in Chizuk Email 998.
I asked him:
Hello Reb Elya, I have a question with the First Step, which is where I am holding in SA: I feel well armed to fight the lust battle, with:

• TaPhSiC method  and

• the Three Second Rule  and

• I can take off my glasses and

• post on the Forum and

• call chaverim 24/6 and

• I read the chizuk emails and

• I have the K9 filter  and

• WebChaver and more...

But then the First Step tells me I am powerless. I should lie down on the floor and cry in surrender, let go and let God, give up the fight, throw down my weapons and wave a white flag. How do these two ideas fit together?

And he answered me:

You are powerless THEREFORE you must use these methods, the 3 second rule, glasses, keep in touch with others who can guide you, filters to guard you, etc.
Powerless means you cannot do this on your own, you (we) need help from others and a Higher Power.  Since you've put all of these things in place it's as if you have waved a white flag and pronounced you are powerless and ask G-d to help. Once you're away from lustful thoughts and pictures and lust itself, it becomes easier. This is G-d helping you. 

After talking with aa1977 we realized two more important points:

3) Rebbe Nachman z"l said we need to have a yearning to to Hashem's will and we need to verbalize it. "I want to guard my eyes".

4) Rebbe Nachman z"l said to search for the good points in all people, including ourselves. This is the "affirm" stage of the 3 second rule. "I do guard my eyes"
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Last Edit: 12 Apr 2011 20:53 by .

Re: Hello from Blind Beggar 12 Apr 2011 20:56 #104001

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
Finally, the avatar that I have been waiting for.
It is still Meron, but if you look closely you can see the two pesukim that are painted over the archway. If you want to know the origin, meaning and significance of the pesukim, look in Lekutei Moharan on the page before Torah 1.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.

Re: Hello from Blind Beggar 12 Apr 2011 21:53 #104014

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
use it in good health, sobriety and simcha!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Hello from Blind Beggar 14 Apr 2011 05:34 #104181

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR FIRSTBORNS

If you find yourself listening to a siyum on Maseches Avoda Zora (Talmud Bavli), about sticking knives into the ground, as soon as you hear the end of the Gemora, walk away before you hear the Rashi. The last Rashi is very triggering.

And have a great Pesach!
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.

Re: Hello from Blind Beggar 14 Apr 2011 16:54 #104216

• Dov
  • Administrator
Everybody! Make sure to check that Rashi out now!

...just being naughty. Sorry....
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Hello from Blind Beggar 14 Apr 2011 17:59 #104226

• laagvokeles
toiro is never triggering

Re: Hello from Blind Beggar 14 Apr 2011 21:20 #104263

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
Aderaba; toiro, Tora, Torah, and תורה are often very triggering because it is written for normal Yidden. I have fallen from hearing siyumim on that masechta and from other sugios in the Gemora. Some/many/most/all Chassidishe yeshivos don't teach Seder Noshim to bochurim. I used to have taaynos against Litvishe yeshivos for teaching Kiddushin and Kesuvos until I realized that I am the sick one and they are dealing with normal bochurim. Even litvishe yeshivos don't teach maseches Niddah to bochrim (although it is a lot less triggering to me than much of Seder Noshim).
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Time to create page: 0.73 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes