Welcome, Guest

The biggest challenge ever
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: The biggest challenge ever 8724 Views

Re: The biggest challenge ever 21 Feb 2011 22:48 #97917

• moishe333
  • Senior Boarder
Had a tough day today, but with the help of some of the tzadikim here on GYE, b"h I've made it so far.

It's a little frustrating - Im working the 12 steps, on the phone calls, really trying to make some changes, but they're slow to come.

But I'm starting to realize that it's part of a long process - slowly I'm being given the tools to help beat this. I don't have them all yet, but I'm slowly learning them. And I have to put more koach into working the steps if I want to succeed.

And equally (or more) important is that I know I have Hashem to talk to and help me through this. He wants us to grow through this! Nothing crazy deep, just to talk to Him, about my struggles and goals. I'm not happy about this addiction, but if it wasn't for it, I would still be going about my daily life which was too busy for G-d, and I would have missed out on this opportunity.

Thanks guys
Last Edit: by .

Re: The biggest challenge ever 21 Feb 2011 22:54 #97918

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
wow!
good attitude you have there
please keep sharing it
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The biggest challenge ever 21 Feb 2011 22:57 #97919

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
MovingUp wrote on 21 Feb 2011 22:48:

And equally (or more) important is that I know I have Hashem to talk to and help me through this. He wants us to grow through this! Nothing crazy deep, just to talk to Him, about my struggles and goals. I'm not happy about this addiction, but if it wasn't for it, I would still be going about my daily life which was too busy for G-d, and I would have missed out on this opportunity.

Wow! You are thanking Hashem for giving you this addiction - to bring you close to Him!

You sure do have your head screwed on straight! 

Re: The biggest challenge ever 21 Feb 2011 23:18 #97920

• moishe333
  • Senior Boarder

Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 21 Feb 2011 22:57:

You sure do have your head screwed on straight! 

My grandmother had a Yiddishe saying "Don't make yourself so small, you're not so big."

Meaning someone as small as me should just take whatever compliment they can get and not protest.

So... thanks!! ;D

Re: The biggest challenge ever 22 Feb 2011 00:23 #97926

• moishe333
  • Senior Boarder
This prayer says it all

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. Thy will, not mine, be done.

(Twelve and Twelve, p. 41)
Last Edit: 22 Feb 2011 00:33 by .

Re: The biggest challenge ever 22 Feb 2011 15:58 #98021

• moishe333
  • Senior Boarder
So i was feeling a boatload of RID last night - both stress and anxiety. It's scary how I automatically turn to my self-medication - the acting out,  to make it go away.

But that's not real living - that's running away from life.

Instead of falling in my downward spiral I spent some time reviewing my notes on the 3rd step just to remind myself that  I can only do my best in regards to these things stressing me out, and the ultimate outcome is in Hashem's hands.

"Hashem, I offer myself to you - to build with me and do as You will. Relieve me of the bondage of self, so that I may better do your will"

The Third step prayer is so powerful - it's really what us frum jews should be thinking throughout the day. Most of us don't, but as a sick person I can't afford not to.

Last Edit: 22 Feb 2011 16:03 by .

Re: The biggest challenge ever 22 Feb 2011 16:01 #98022

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
wow
good for you
you are aware and you are doing the good work!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The biggest challenge ever 22 Feb 2011 18:16 #98043

• moishe333
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks!

I've gained a lot from these forums - so I hope people can read this thread and see what works for me, and hopefully it can help them. Or maybe they can just see from me what NOT to do 

Re: The biggest challenge ever 02 Mar 2011 18:34 #99274

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
hi MovingUp,
how are you doing today?
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes