Welcome, Guest

Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 72385 Views

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 26 Oct 2011 16:54 #122833

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I was on the roof of my building looking down at the ant-like people below and I was thinking it would probably be a big thrill and exhilirating to jump of the roof and land standing up, but then I thought about this site, my wife and kids and my own sweet life and I turned around and figured why jump when I could just stay here and then brag on GYE about how I didn't jump.

Our biggest problem in life should be that we like to brag about how we didn't kill ourselves.

Glad to hear you're still standing.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0
Last Edit: by .

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 26 Oct 2011 17:11 #122837

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
It seems that you guys are missing my point!

Wouldn't it be sad if the ONLY reason why the guy didn't jump was to earn bragging rights? If he wouldn't have had whom to brag to he would've jumped? His kids and his wife, his God and his life notwithstanding.

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 26 Oct 2011 17:17 #122841

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
או חברותא או מיתותא
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 26 Oct 2011 17:17 #122842

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 26 Oct 2011 17:11:

It seems that you guys are missing my point!

Wouldn't it be sad if the ONLY reason why the guy didn't jump was to earn bragging rights? If he wouldn't have had whom to brag to he would've jumped? His kids and his wife, his God and his life notwithstanding.

Maybe it would be sad, but don't you think his kids, wife, God and himself and of course his friends will be happy that at the end of the day there he was ALIVE!
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0
Last Edit: 26 Oct 2011 17:28 by .

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 26 Oct 2011 17:25 #122846

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
[quote="The GuardYourEyes Handbook]
One of the previous Slonimer Rebbes had a Chassid that embarked on a business trip. Being
away from the comfort and protection of his home, he was tempted with the Nisayon of Yosef
Hatzaddik. In a moment of cheshbon hanefesh he said to himself: "when I come back, my Rebbe
will see that I sinned". But then he thought: "I will avoid my Rebbe". Then he thought to himself,
"but my friends will notice on my behavior that I sinned, and can I live without my friends? NO, I
need my friends!" And that is what helped him overcome his Yetzer Hara. When he got back, his
Rebbe told him: "What even a Rebbe can not accomplish, having good friends CAN".
[/quote]

'nuff said!!!!!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 26 Oct 2011 17:27 #122847

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
[quote="The GuardYourEyes Handbook]
One of the previous Slonimer Rebbes
[/quote]

Methinks I heard this story with the name of [b]Reb Mordechai Lechovitcher Zy"a[/b].

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 26 Oct 2011 18:33 #122865

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Just reached out again as I was about to start slipping. And this time I did NOT reach out in order to be able to brag!!!!!!

I reached out because of my Bli Neder GYE Taphsic Knas!

I didn't want the consenquence.

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 26 Oct 2011 18:58 #122871

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 26 Oct 2011 18:49:

Hi!!

(Isn't this appropriate place for my 2,500th post?)

I am in GOOD company. I am in the Top 10 List!!!!:
Attachments:

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 26 Oct 2011 19:09 #122873

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Not sure what you're so proud about, besides for Bards and Dov the top 10 is all a bunch of women.

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 26 Oct 2011 19:12 #122877

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
ahem
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 26 Oct 2011 19:17 #122879

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
OK, besides for Bards, Dov,  SB & IT25 (Is he still around?) the top 10 are all a bunch of women

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 26 Oct 2011 20:09 #122897

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
But if you do it to motivate others to follow your example I think that's a good thing.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 26 Oct 2011 20:11 #122899

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Gevura ShebYesod wrote on 26 Oct 2011 20:09:

But if you do it to motivate others to follow your example I think that's a good thing.

That is the 12th Step maybe?

I still don't have an example for others to copy.

No. This is not false humility. It is honesty.

(Wow. look how humble he is! He really thinks that he is not_____....)  :-\

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 28 Oct 2011 15:45 #123207

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Yosef Hatzadik

Married

To feif, to feif

(In the famous Bardichever Nusach, of course!!!)

Tooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!                                  TooooooooooooooooooooTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Tov veyoshor Hashem al kein yoreh chata'im baderech! 28 Oct 2011 16:06 #123219

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
25 25 is כה כה. could also be pronounced cocoa.  Served hot,  it's perfect for those cold wet fall months, and for the winter, right after we finish building a snowman.
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes