Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Jeff 3906 Views

Re: Jeff speaks 08 Jan 2010 12:48 #43758

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Me ive heard so much about you!!! cant wait to meet you!!!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Jeff speaks 09 Jan 2010 17:41 #43885

• me
Imtrying:

You picked the perfect name, and, if you live by it, you will succeed.

This name reminds me of a story I heard last week. It was the yartzeit of Rabbi Nosson, (the talmud muvhak of Rabbi Nachman z"l)

Rabbi Nosson tells on himself, that "I had a dream. And in this dream there was a ladder. I started going up the ladder. up, Up UP, and then... I fell. I started going up again, .... and once again....I fell. The next time ran up even higher, so that when I fell, I almost completely shattered myself into pieces, (as you know, the higher you climb the harder the fall,...my comment).
     "...and there I was lying on the ground, and a man came over to me, (I think it was Rabbi Nachman...after his petira), and he said
....."GO UP!.....Aval........ TACHZIK.... HOLD ON!!!

So, we see that it is not enough just to keep going up, we must also learn how to hold on.  So, someone who learns how to hold on, is an "imtrying", and one that does not learn this could become an "imcrying".
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2010 18:18 by .

Re: Jeff speaks 09 Jan 2010 17:44 #43887

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
me wrote on 09 Jan 2010 17:41:

Imtrying:

You picked the perfect name, and, if you live by it, you will succeed.

This name reminds me of a story I heard last week. It was the yartzeit of Rabbi Nosson, (the talmud muvhak of Rabbi Nachman z"l)

Rabbi Nosson tells on himself, that "I had a dream. And in this dream there was a ladder. I started going up the ladder. Up, up up, and then I fell. I started going up again, .... and once again....I fell. The next time ran up even higher, so that when I fell, I almost completely shattered myself into pieces, (as you know, the higher you climb the harder the fall,...my comment).
     "...and there I was lying on the ground, and a man came over to me, (I think it was Rabbi Nachman...after his petira), and he said
....."GO UP!.....Aval........  TACHZIK!!!!  HOLD ON!!!

So, we see that it is not enough just to keep going up, we must also learn how to hold on.  So, someone who learns how to hold on, is an imtrying, and one that does not learn this could become an imcrying.
Thanks me!! That was really beautiful. Thanks for sharing. It really touched at my heart. As long as imtrying.................
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2010 18:13 by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes