Welcome, Guest

Starting the journey
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Starting the journey 95 Views

Starting the journey 06 May 2024 11:11 #412620

Hi all! I haven't posted anything yet. I'm just getting to know the community and the forum. To everyone who shares their experiences and stories - thank you!!! 
I've been struggling for as long as I can remember, but lately, I've been feeling better. But I still can't find the courage to tell someone what's bothering me, even though I know they'll understand. Do you have any advice on how to fix this and where to find the courage? Maybe some books? Thank you.

Re: Starting the journey 06 May 2024 11:18 #412621

Attachments:
Last Edit: 06 May 2024 11:18 by balancedpanther51.

Re: Starting the journey 06 May 2024 13:32 #412624

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 31 days
  • Platinum Boarder

Hi and welcome,

Happy to hear that your feeling better, does that mean that your also crushing the YH?

Perhaps starts by telling us a bit more about yourself so we’ll get to know you better and you’ll get a feel of the people here and who you can relate to.

Also, there are many many threads to read, look around and see what speaks to you.

Wishing much hatzlocha,

You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: Starting the journey 06 May 2024 16:35 #412645

Welcome aboard!
Many people have found freedom here and are here to hold your hand.
Feel free to share your journey and struggles, we all are in this together.
Last Edit: 06 May 2024 16:35 by SisonYishecha.

Re: Starting the journey 06 May 2024 19:19 #412675

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome to the GYE community. Chazal say לא הביישן למד, and there is nothing to be afraid of. Vulnerability and honesty are part of healing whereas isolation feeds the beast. Being open and vulnerable is a sign of greatness. Posting your story is very relieving and the warm responses you will probably receive will give you the courage and strength to continue fighting this battle. Whatever your story may be there are many people who share stories that are similar to yours. Read some threads and you will see that you are not alone. I suggest that you do the Flight to Freedom program and that you regularly read The Battle of the Generation. Many people on GYE are regularly reading the book. Here is the link to the e-book: https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation Keep on posting and sharing, make friends and keep on monster trucking.

When you feel comfortable doing so I suggest that you reach out to the main mentor, Hashem Help Me at michelgelner@gmail.com. He has helped many people including myself and I guarantee you that you won't regret it. Many people have also reached out to Eerie and Chaimoigen.
Last Edit: 06 May 2024 19:20 by yitzchokm.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes