Welcome, Guest

Saying hello and seeking support
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Saying hello and seeking support 305 Views

Saying hello and seeking support 03 Apr 2024 03:29 #411162

Hello -
I am 52 years old and am continuing to struggle with m for the past 40 years. P has also been a terrible problem for me, but has been less of an issue (with some exceptions) because of good filtering on my home devices now.
I have a long story to share, or perhaps pieces of it, but I want to make sure to get started joining this community and I don't want to get stuck figuring out how and what to write.
So for the time being, let me just say that today is my very first time coming on GYE. It's hard to believe I haven't done this before and I am kicking myself because I am almost in tears right now seeing what a powerful support opportunity I think this journey is going to be. A part of me is thinking about how I used to get into trouble spending time on the internet out of boredom and I could have just logged in here and enjoyed time sharing and receiving/offering support instead. 

Re: Saying hello and seeking support 03 Apr 2024 03:32 #411163

I should add that I have a beautiful family of 8 children, ka"h, and a wonderful, loving wife. 
I was in klei kodesh for over a decade and am now in the healthcare industry, providing patient care
But I continue to struggle and make bad decisions.
A recent one of these is currently threatening to become a disastrous calamity in my personal and professional life. 

Re: Saying hello and seeking support 03 Apr 2024 03:51 #411164

• cande
  • Platinum Boarder
welcome! this is the best place on earth! 
try this thread for starters  can potentially be life changing 
guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress
הצלחה רבה

Re: Saying hello and seeking support 03 Apr 2024 04:02 #411165

Welcome! I myself joined recently and it's been very helpful. I'm humbled by your honesty and willingness to come forward!! Hatzlacha Rabah!!

Re: Saying hello and seeking support 03 Apr 2024 09:40 #411169

• adam2014
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Expert Boarder
You made a great decision to come here... I am also an "old guy," and it is never too late to fight this problem. My only bit of advice is not to be afraid to post and share. There is sooooooo much advice and counsel here. The people are amazing!

Re: Saying hello and seeking support 03 Apr 2024 13:23 #411179

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 234 days
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome! 

You have come to the right place. Here you will find hope, support, and good advice.

When you are ready, reaching out to some of the people here can be a tremendous help in breaking free. It was one of the biggest parts of my current success. 
Keep us posted!

Re: Saying hello and seeking support 03 Apr 2024 15:02 #411186

• strawhat7
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for sharing Falling,
Please excuse the following entry for run-on sentences and such, my background is not entirely academic.

Re: Saying hello and seeking support 03 Apr 2024 17:15 #411200

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome to the family, my friend! Here we care about you, we want to hear from you, and we are here to stand by you. Stick around, learn the ropes, and beH we'll watch you soar!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Saying hello and seeking support 03 Apr 2024 18:39 #411218

Welcome to GYE, it's never too late and you can look forward to a brighter future thaybyou stand to gain by being a part of this wonderful and amazing community.

For many including myself this has been life changing. You should not feel pressured to have to share your story etc... just take things at your own pace.

Welcome aboard!!

Re: Saying hello and seeking support 03 Apr 2024 19:41 #411227

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
FallingApart wrote on 03 Apr 2024 03:32:

A recent one of these is currently threatening to become a disastrous calamity in my personal and professional life. 

Welcome to GYE!
Did you consider reaching out for professional help? 
One option is to have a discussion with the GYE mentor named "Hashem Help Me". You can email himmichelgelner@gmail.com
Please don't wait for disaster to strike...
We're here for you!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Saying hello and seeking support 03 Apr 2024 20:30 #411234

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome. The struggle becomes entirely different when you have a community, when you’re with friends who understand. 

this is a good place. There is hope here. 
Hope that things can actually be different, hope of breaking free. Hope.  

Here’s a warm hand, 
Keep in touch

Chaim Oigen 
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: Saying hello and seeking support 04 Apr 2024 17:45 #411281

• eraygrand
  • Current streak: 531 days
  • Expert Boarder
I'm similar in age and length of struggles.  BH recently reached the milestone of one year clean. Feel free to read my forum and to reach out to me directly. Don't give up,  it's possible to win this war!!

I would also suggest signing up for the daily V'yemain videos on Whattsapp. I have found them to be a great source of Chizzuk.

Re: Saying hello and seeking support 09 May 2024 02:25 #412894

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 31 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear FallingApart, How are you?
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: Saying hello and seeking support 09 May 2024 02:52 #412897

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Please don't give up. I am in my mid 40's. I struggled since I am 7 and I am a free man today. You can do it.

Re: Saying hello and seeking support 09 May 2024 02:58 #412898

• guardyouriz
  • Senior Boarder
yitzchokm wrote on 09 May 2024 02:52:
Please don't give up. I am in my mid 40's. I struggled since I am 7 and I am a free man today. You can do it.

wow! beautiful,ken yirbu! do you mind sharing your methods?bihatzlacha!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes