Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Feeling Hurt 1425 Views

Re: Feeling Hurt 16 Jul 2024 22:40 #417270

• feelinghurt
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Everyone, I'm still around and still working on myself.  I'm on a journey and have been my whole life.  Early this week I had a fall, and after a very painful day after the fall, there was so much bad talk going on in my head over what happened.  Finally, I sat down and wrote the following to try to answer all the bad things I was telling myself...

Things I’m Going to Try to Do, Even Though They Are Hard for Me
1. Don’t berate yourself - even though it's hard not to (now I'm crying a lot)… don’t do it!!
2. Realize that despite everything, there is still hope - yes, there is still hope for you!
3. Realize that although it's understandable to feel the shame and guilt you feel, it's still toxic and bad for you.
4. How do you build your self-esteem? Don’t be clueless... Do the things that Hashem loves… just do them as best you can.
5. Will it ever get better? I don’t know, but you can’t and shouldn’t worry about that.
6. One day at a time.
7. Always remember… you’re not evil or some kind of human mutation.
8. Always remember that you are priceless - even though you often feel and believe you're worthless.
9. Always remember you have a reason to live, even though you have no idea what in the world it could possibly be.
10. Hashem is here with you holding your hand, even though you feel like He wants nothing to do with you.
11. Don’t beat up yourself about learning... learning Torah is hard and you're not naturally inclined to learn, and that’s okay.
12. Even though you don’t have any friendships or chavrusas, that doesn’t mean you won’t one day have.
13. Even though you’re hurting a lot inside, don’t despair, Hashem loves you and He can teach you and show you how to be happy.
14. Remember Hashem loves you, and even though you’ve failed, you’re not a failure.

Just wanted to share how I'm trying to recover and keep going despite all the negativity...

Re: Feeling Hurt 18 Jul 2024 00:51 #417348

• feelinghurt
  • Junior Boarder
No replies, so I guess no one cares... and why should they care?  Am I worth being cared about?  Maybe yes, and then again, maybe no.  But if I'm looking for validation to survive, I need to realize that's a crutch!  I've got to do this work and heal on my own - 100% on my own.
Last Edit: 31 Jul 2024 21:16 by feelinghurt. Reason: toned down my rant

Re: Feeling Hurt 18 Jul 2024 00:54 #417349

• oivedelokim
  • Current streak: 61 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Buddy, I just chanced upon this thread, I see that you're in a lot of pain.
You also seem to possess a lot of wisdom and inner strength.

I'd be honored to be your friend. See my signature for more details.
Please reach out via PM, would love to chat with you!

Best wishes,
OivedElokim
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

If you are reading this-you have a friend in me.
Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).
(For the background and meaning of my username- see Tanya chapter 15).

My current thread 
Last Edit: 18 Jul 2024 00:55 by oivedelokim.

Re: Feeling Hurt 18 Jul 2024 01:56 #417359

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Lots of wisdom in your list. 
I particularly relate to the item about hope. To me, GYE means hope. Opening new doors where there was only a brick wall before… 

Hang on…

Chaim Oigen 
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: Feeling Hurt 18 Jul 2024 03:06 #417361

• amevakesh
  • Current streak: 389 days
  • Gold Boarder
Buddy I have no words, but my heart bleeds for you. I wish I could make your pain go away, but I don't know how to. But one thing you should know, we care, and we care a lot. Reach out to any of us, and we'll be glad to listen, even if we can't actually help.

Re: Feeling Hurt 18 Jul 2024 12:27 #417374

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
feelinghurt wrote on 18 Jul 2024 00:51:
No replies, so I guess no one cares... and why should they care?  Am I worth being cared about?  Maybe yes, and then again, maybe no.  But if I'm looking for validation, I've come to the wrong place.  And besides, I don't need the validation of others to heal - that's a crutch!  I've got to do this work and heal on my own - 100% on my own.

So yes, I have no friends anywhere, not even virtual friends.  But that's what I need.  I'll pick myself up and go on - all on my own.

Ouch.
Dear dear chaver,
Please don't feel that we don't care. Some of the most caring people you'll meet are here. I'm sorry that I missed your message. You are worth the world. While we don't necessarily need validation, it certainly helps, and we do need friends. I would be honored to know you and be your friend, special Yid. Reach out and take the extended hands of your brothers. We are here for each other.
Kol Tov
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others

Re: Feeling Hurt 18 Jul 2024 13:01 #417379

• yiftach
  • Current streak: 240 days
  • Gold Boarder
Dear friend!
I just went thru the entirety of this thread. My heart is broken for you. I can't ever imagine the pain you've gone and are going through. You're so innocent, yet in so much pain. 
The Ribono Shel Oilum should bentch you with true happiness and content. All I can do is storm the heavens on your behalf. BeH you'll see and feel the redemption from all the trauma and pain. 
Here's a hug from the holy land! 

- Yiftach'l

PS. After reading your thread, I hope to go to the kosel today and daven for you. I can't imagine your pain and just want you to truly feel a new dawn. All the best!!!
Looking forward to get to know you better! 

Email me @ yiftach1609@gmail.com or call/text 347-201-4989 (Google voice)

My story is unfolding here
"יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב"

Re: Feeling Hurt 21 Jul 2024 00:09 #417448

dear feeling hurt
I feel for you! I read your post, what can I say? Your deep words will help a lot of people struggling and in pain.
I hope you find the chizuk you need, we're all here for you!

Re: Feeling Hurt 21 Jul 2024 20:27 #417479

• feelinghurt
  • Junior Boarder
Okay, you guys are really totally amazing... thank you for all your words of chizuk!!  I was in a tough spot when I posted and vented, but it got me to realize that this fight (or "journey" as I call it), is ultimately up to me.  Sure, I need friendships and healthy connections with guys who understand my challenges, but I have to do the work if I'm going to succeed.  I need your validation, but more importantly, I need to learn how to validate myself and not label myself a failure.

Re: Feeling Hurt 22 Jul 2024 13:05 #417505

• amevakesh
  • Gold Boarder
Not sure how to post a link to a different thread, but post #415016 in Chaim's Oigen might be worth reading.

Re: Feeling Hurt 22 Jul 2024 13:14 #417508

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face

Re: Feeling Hurt 23 Jul 2024 02:48 #417569

• feelinghurt
  • Junior Boarder
What a great reference 415016 is - so relevant.  Thank you ChaimOigen for this - it puts to words what I'm trying to accomplish.  For me, it's really , really tough to not feel self-loathing...  I admit so myself above when I say "Things I’m Going to Try to Do, Even Though They Are Hard for Me".  These things are very hard for me to do, and I say so straight up.  I've always felt shame about these things since I was a kid.  There never was, "oh, but you're a good kid anyways", or "it's alright, I love you all the same".  No, I was a bad, bad boy, period.  So to somehow separate "what I've done" with  "who I am", has always been a major challenge for me.  That's exactly what I'm trying to learn how to do, so I can feel empowered to succeed and not give up on myself.

Re: Feeling Hurt 25 Jul 2024 20:58 #417821

• feelinghurt
  • Junior Boarder
Hey, I just wanted to say I feel guilty and selfish posting on my thread again, and ignoring everyone else's threads out there who are struggling just as much as I am.  If I were in a better place, I would offer chizuk, advice, comforting words, etc. to all you guys.  I hate being on the receiving end (and then again, it honestly does make me feel better!  So thank you).

I've been journaling (writing in my journal) about why I often feel inadequate around other guys.  It's more than just aimas harabim (fear of the public).  I'm pretty introverted and very shy and can sometimes stammer when I speak to guys.  It's funny (well not really), but I'm not this way around girls or ladies - just guys.  I usually view guys as much better than me, so I can easily get intimidated by them. 

I also believe guys try to avoid me.  Maybe their avoidance is intentional, maybe it's not.  I don't have a bad smell or anything, I don't smoke or drink, I shower daily, and I try to look presentable and safe to approach.  But ever since in was in yeshiva, guys seem to have an issue interacting with me.  Maybe they sense that I'm usually pretty terrified of them.  But whatever the reason, I come away feeling inadequate (and lonely).
Last Edit: 25 Jul 2024 23:19 by feelinghurt. Reason: clarity

Re: Feeling Hurt 25 Jul 2024 22:14 #417824

• minhamayim
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Junior Boarder
Hey, I just wanted to say I feel guilty and selfish posting on my thread again, and ignoring everyone else's threads out there who are struggling just as much as I am.  If I were in a better place, I would offer chizuk, advice, comforting words, etc. to all you guys.  I hate being on the receiving end (and then again, it honestly does make me feel better!  So thank you).

Hi, I'm new here. I can relate to those feelings.

I think you should know that posting your story and updating us on your journey is a tremendous offering of chizzuk, advice, and comfort, in its own right.

Giving to others can be done in many ways, many times it's done through PROPERLY focusing on ourselves.

Hatzlocho!

MinHamayim

Re: Feeling Hurt 30 Jul 2024 15:32 #418063

• amevakesh
  • Gold Boarder
How are you doing friend?
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes