Welcome, Guest

I'm new here and I'm scared
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: I'm new here and I'm scared 248 Views

I'm new here and I'm scared 30 Jan 2024 17:36 #407912

• rebhirsch
  • Fresh Boarder
HI all,
As the topic suggests, I'm new here. And I'm scared that my life is going to go on and I will never be truly healthy. I have had sober times (from a few days to 2 months) and when I am sober, I live a different life, so much so that I feel like I have mastered it. And then, of course, I haven't mastered anything. And I am just another year older with another year of urges, acting out, deception, bad Middos, guilt, pretending, and failure.

So I finally, after 10 years of knowing about GYE, come here to see if maybe there is hope of genuinely changing my life, and if I'm being honest, I'm also scared that this won't work. I have tried so many things in my life that don't end up working out for me. GYE seems really life changing, but I'm scared that it will be another one of those things that I can't keep up. Thins will be good for a while, and then, when life surprises me, I'll get that entitled feeling that I deserve an outlet now, and poof, I'll be right back again, having burned another bridge - the GYE bridge.

Does anyone relate?

Re: I'm new here and I'm scared 30 Jan 2024 17:49 #407915

• richtig
  • Platinum Boarder
rebhirsch wrote on 30 Jan 2024 17:36:
HI all,
As the topic suggests, I'm new here. And I'm scared that my life is going to go on and I will never be truly healthy. I have had sober times (from a few days to 2 months) and when I am sober, I live a different life, so much so that I feel like I have mastered it. And then, of course, I haven't mastered anything. And I am just another year older with another year of urges, acting out, deception, bad Middos, guilt, pretending, and failure.

So I finally, after 10 years of knowing about GYE, come here to see if maybe there is hope of genuinely changing my life, and if I'm being honest, I'm also scared that this won't work. I have tried so many things in my life that don't end up working out for me. GYE seems really life changing, but I'm scared that it will be another one of those things that I can't keep up. Thins will be good for a while, and then, when life surprises me, I'll get that entitled feeling that I deserve an outlet now, and poof, I'll be right back again, having burned another bridge - the GYE bridge.

Does anyone relate? Very much indeed

Welcome friend! This is a road well traveled, and though every one of us has our own specific struggles, fears, guilt, shame, concerns, reasons not to be here, needs, ego etc., we all have some things in common, and help each other grow. We want you here. Thanks for joining

Re: I'm new here and I'm scared 30 Jan 2024 17:56 #407916

• cordnoy
HI all,

Does anyone relate?

Welcome.
We've all had and have our ups and downs - of all varieties.
Good move to join.
Eventually, when you're comfortable, let us know the thin's you've tried and how they've worked out for you.

Godspeed
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: I'm new here and I'm scared 30 Jan 2024 18:10 #407918

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
The Chevra here are really special, we all have our stories and we've all tried more than once (or even twice).
So yes I'll say everyone can relate.

Do some reading some posting and you'll make some truly special friends that can & will be life altering.

The power of GYE is in the getting to know some good people.

Hatzlocha on this journey , We're all here for you & with you
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face

Re: I'm new here and I'm scared 30 Jan 2024 19:09 #407934

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome to the family! Make yourself comfortable. There's lots to learn here. Stick around and keep sharing
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: I'm new here and I'm scared 30 Jan 2024 19:26 #407939

Welcome to GYE!
Many here have had the same feelings and you've come to wonderful place to ba able to grow safely and comftorably.
Feel free to share your journey and struggles.
As you have probably learned, there is no quick-fix, but one step at a time, with the right support can help get us to the right place!

Re: I'm new here and I'm scared 31 Jan 2024 02:47 #407973

• eraygrand
  • Current streak: 531 days
  • Expert Boarder
As someone who tried for over 40 years and is now at almost a year clean I can most definitely relate!! The chevra and support here are amazing. For me,  just being able to come here and open up and tell my story that I never was able to share before with anyone was the jumpstart that made the difference. 

Re: I'm new here and I'm scared 31 Jan 2024 04:12 #407981

• rebhirsch
  • Fresh Boarder
Wow! I'm sorry you had such a long time going through it, but it definitely gives me chizzuk to know that there is hope!

Re: I'm new here and I'm scared 31 Jan 2024 04:48 #407987

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Rebhirsch, 

Welcome aboard!

The fear you are feeling is totally normal. But, rest assured, GYE is not just another bridge you will burn, if you are ready to take the leap and come out of those dark, lonely shadows. Just look around, read some threads and connect to some of the good folks here. It will change your life, in ways that may be unimaginable and impossible right now. 

Strap in for the ride!

Loads of Hatzlacha, -Youknowwho 

Re: I'm new here and I'm scared 31 Jan 2024 04:50 #407988

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome. It should be with hatzlocha!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: I'm new here and I'm scared 31 Jan 2024 10:28 #407992

• here2grow
  • Fresh Boarder
Your fear is very relatable. When you've tried everything else, and the remaining options are dwindling, the stakes are very high, even overwhelmingly so. The fear of living out the rest of your life out of control, living a life you don't want and missing out on the life you do, looms large.

There is hope for everyone, and there is hope for you. GYE may be that salvation, as it has been for many others. There unfortunately is no guarantee, though.

You haven't asked for advice, so you deserve to not hear any. If you would like me to pass on to you what I have been told and believe, about which people succeed and who does not, in a DM or here in the thread, do let me know.

HASHEM wants you to be where you are now (surprising as that sounds.) He has a job for you to do - part of it is working out what it is. He's rooting for you to succeed, and he's gaining tremendous satisfaction from you right now.

(And we're rooting for you too. )

Re: I'm new here and I'm scared 31 Jan 2024 12:11 #407997

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder

The guys here who reach out to mentors and chaverim have a very high statistic of long term success b'ezras Hashem. A good friend is far more helpful "when life surprises you", than the outlet you are concerned about.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: I'm new here and I'm scared 31 Jan 2024 14:34 #407999

• yiftach
  • Current streak: 240 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 31 Jan 2024 12:11:

The guys here who reach out to mentors and chaverim have a very high statistic of long term success b'ezras Hashem. A good friend is far more helpful "when life surprises you", than the outlet you are concerned about.

Welcome!

And for some good advice, try reaching out to michelgelner@gmail.com. Many ppl could attribute their success to him!

Bon Voyage!

- Little Yiftach'l
Looking forward to get to know you better! 

Email me @ yiftach1609@gmail.com or call/text 347-201-4989 (Google voice)

My story is unfolding here
"יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב"

Re: I'm new here and I'm scared 31 Jan 2024 14:52 #408001

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I’m extending a warm hand to join in the chorus of welcome. 

Fear of failure, and a reluctance to allow yourself to hope again, yeah. Know how that feels…

It better to walk this lonely road together, with folks who understand. And you will find that so many good people have been in this for decades,  and yet have found new doorways where before there were only walls. To me, GYE means hope. 

Take your time and get comfortable. Read some threads, there a lot of wisdom and experience here. When you’re ready, reach out and share.  I think you’ll be glad that you’re here. 

You are not alone. 
Chaim
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com
Last Edit: 31 Jan 2024 14:54 by chaimoigen.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes