Welcome, Guest

scared from the urge to come
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: scared from the urge to come 3700 Views

Re: scared from the urge to come 15 Oct 2023 17:55 #402288

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
b''h clean for tow days.
I am thinking to myself that the reason its so hard for me to stand up from a fall is because i expect from myself that "I" should do this.
instead i need to give it all over to hashem like the SA chevra do. ( although i still think that i am not an addict, and in fact this is mostly in my control, but the baggage of putting this all on myself is having a negative effect on me.)

Re: scared from the urge to come 15 Oct 2023 17:56 #402289

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 13 Oct 2023 11:00:
The Sforno says - When Hashem asked Kayin "Lama naflu panecha?", His message was - If there is a way to fix the problem, just do that - No need to be down in the dumps. Your korban was not accepted? Bring another one that is more acceptable and move on. A mistake is just that - a mistake. The world does not come to an end because of a mistake - especially when there is an obvious way to simply fix the issue.

wow! this vort is a huge chizuk for me thank so much.

Re: scared from the urge to come 15 Oct 2023 20:57 #402300

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 993 days
  • Platinum Boarder
See the aderes eliyahu as well….
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: scared from the urge to come 17 Oct 2023 17:47 #402395

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
I did last night for the first time the "urge surfing" thing. It actually felt like it was intensifying the urge.I thought that its going t end really bad, but I must say it really works. I guess it takes you away from being in it, to observing it from outside. It worked! literally in 6/7  minutes the urge was gone.
wow! thank u hashem!

Re: scared from the urge to come 26 Oct 2023 16:58 #402870

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
fallan again!  

Re: scared from the urge to come 26 Oct 2023 17:04 #402871

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2815 days
  • Platinum Boarder
What were things like between your last post and this one? 
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: scared from the urge to come 26 Oct 2023 17:36 #402873

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 26 Oct 2023 17:04:
What were things like between your last post and this one? 

smooth

Re: scared from the urge to come 26 Oct 2023 20:10 #402884

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
The ocean was calm, but then a massive wave came and swept me away.

Re: scared from the urge to come 26 Oct 2023 22:49 #402892

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 491 days
  • Platinum Boarder
crispy wrote on 26 Oct 2023 20:10:

There is something to be said about the calm before the storm
'Twould be a good time to batten down the hatches, Stow the sails & otherwise prepare smarts
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face
Last Edit: 27 Oct 2023 12:16 by redfaced.

Re: scared from the urge to come 27 Oct 2023 03:41 #402902

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
redfaced wrote on 26 Oct 2023 22:49:

crispy wrote on 26 Oct 2023 20:10:

There is something to be said about the calm before the storm
'Twould be a good time to batten down the hatches, Stow the sails & otherwise prepare smats

Meaning - it is a good idea when the seas are calm to post here anyway and to be in touch with fellow sailors.

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: scared from the urge to come 27 Oct 2023 17:33 #402918

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
right! so true! i'd love to. but what should i post about at times when  I don't have anything specific to share?

Re: scared from the urge to come 27 Oct 2023 18:01 #402919

• foolie
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Platinum Boarder
crispy wrote on 27 Oct 2023 17:33:
right! so true! i'd love to. but what should i post about at times when  I don't have anything specific to share?

You can write things like this for example:

Good News everyone: I would like to say something deep and pithy today however my usual wit has deserted me so I’m just going to say things are doing ok today not necessarily better than yesterday but definitely different today.

something Like that or whatever else falls into your head that you would like to share
I will give battle Sir- General George Meade (Army of the Potomac)
Nuts!- General Anthony McAuliffe (101st Airborne)
Lets Get Dangerous! - Darkwing Duck
You’ll need to raise the ante and negotiate- Rechnitzer Rejects
I'm fresh out of essential truths- Spock
Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person - David Rossi
Last Edit: 27 Oct 2023 18:01 by foolie.

Re: scared from the urge to come 29 Oct 2023 18:30 #402949

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
foolie wrote on 27 Oct 2023 18:01:

crispy wrote on 27 Oct 2023 17:33:

You can write things like this for example:

Good News everyone: I would like to say something deep and pithy today however my usual wit has deserted me so I’m just going to say things are doing ok today not necessarily better than yesterday but definitely different today.

something Like that or whatever else falls into your head that you would like to share

haha! but sadly i am not so creative and am not such a good writer

Re: scared from the urge to come 29 Oct 2023 19:25 #402952

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
First, I want to thank Hashem for the tremendous gift of two clean days. And I beg him for many more.
I would also like to share my feelings for the last few days.
On Friday, I was utterly depressed, so much so that my wife asked me 
why I was sad. I walked around with a heavy bag on my shoulder, feeling like a loser, feeling evil and awful. I didn't focus on anything; the day went by in a cloud. I went to shul Friday night while still in the same state of mind. I barely said the words of kabulos shabbos. 
In the middle of my way home from shull, I stopped at a side between some trees and started to cry. I started talking to Hashem, telling Hashem I see that I can't carry this myself. I am throwing it on to you. I acknowledge that it is not in my control. And beg for your mercy. I also let out to Hashem exactly how I was feeling. I shared everything with my dear father. I stayed in that spot for about 10 min, and after that, I felt a tremendous ease. I kind of knew that now would be good. 
I am realizing more and more that the more I take this on myself, the harder it just gets harder. Its time for me to realize that we are in Hashem's hands. why? we dont understand the cheshbon of the ribono shel olam.

Re: scared from the urge to come 29 Oct 2023 20:46 #402957

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
HUG!!!

Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes