Welcome, Guest

scared from the urge to come
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: scared from the urge to come 3696 Views

Re: scared from the urge to come 02 Jan 2024 02:31 #406115

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
First of all wow and a huge thanks for all support.
I am b"h again at a 3 day strike.
my last one was 10 and one before was 50.
Although I b"h have no thought of giving up, but it is very sad and I start to have real pity on myself.

Re: scared from the urge to come 07 Jan 2024 19:36 #406564

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
I feel b"h somewhat back on track. I am clean for nine days. I will stay strongly committed to completing my 90-day challenge.

Re: scared from the urge to come 08 Jan 2024 03:30 #406602

• hechochma
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Gold Boarder
Beautiful! Good to see you back in action!!!
90 days meet crispy!!!
Join us in reading two pages a day of the most amazing and absolutely guilt-trip-free book on the epic holy battle of our generation! Free PDF here

My Thread

והנה הכתוב אומר: הן יראת ה' היא חכמה... הרי שהיראה היא חכמה והיא לבדה חכמה... כי עיון גדול צריך על כל הדברים האלה לדעת אותם באמת ולא על צד הדמיון והסברה הכוזבת, כל שכן לקנות אותם ולהשיגם

Re: scared from the urge to come 11 Jan 2024 20:45 #406904

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
It's great to see that you are not giving up, you will get there (wherever the heck 'there' is)

Do you mind sharing with us what you are doing besides streak counting?
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com

Re: scared from the urge to come 11 Jan 2024 23:05 #406919

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
Nothing major. I try to pray for this every day, and when I have an urge I do urge surfing, which really helps me.Any ideas are welcome, I would really love to have a bigger tool box.

Re: scared from the urge to come 11 Jan 2024 23:09 #406920

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
A bigger tool bow might be helpful but is not necessarily what you need.

How about focusing more on 'doing' good, productive and fulfilling things instead of being bored and fighting temptations? when one is being useful and productive he's focusing less on himself and therefore his own desires hit less often.

Hatzlacha!
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com

Re: scared from the urge to come 11 Jan 2024 23:17 #406921

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks!
B"H I have a full day of doing great things and b"h successfully making a living. and the best part is that I am B"H zocha to learn 4 hours a day which is my favorite part of the day. and i don't see this struggle being a result of emptiness.

Re: scared from the urge to come 14 Jan 2024 02:08 #406989

• hechochma
  • Gold Boarder
Wow! Halevai g'zugt oif allemin.

The best tool that I have is to be aware of any negative emotions that come up over the day (Whether due to my wife, my job, my kids, my future etc there's plenty to go around). Then I call one of my good GYE chaverim and vent. YKW, Foolie, HHM, True-self, ASY, Eerie, ChaimO are a few of the people who are regularly kind enough to listen to my gripes - my fears, frustrations, anger, jealousy, feeling of worthlessness, loneliness etc.

Being able to do that has been an absolute game changer for me. I feel like I no longer have a demon stuck inside me trying to force me to fall.

Have you ever tried something like this?
Join us in reading two pages a day of the most amazing and absolutely guilt-trip-free book on the epic holy battle of our generation! Free PDF here

My Thread

והנה הכתוב אומר: הן יראת ה' היא חכמה... הרי שהיראה היא חכמה והיא לבדה חכמה... כי עיון גדול צריך על כל הדברים האלה לדעת אותם באמת ולא על צד הדמיון והסברה הכוזבת, כל שכן לקנות אותם ולהשיגם

Re: scared from the urge to come 14 Jan 2024 19:47 #407024

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
You are making me so jealous! I imagine this helping really wonderful, but I can't even imagine myself doing this; opening up to a stranger feels impossible to me. I hope That One day I will be able to do it.Thank you @yitzchokm for your PM, it was a big chizuck, I have what to discuss about each of your points, but my writing and typing are not the best and it takes me time, plus I get lost in my emotions, so I need to have the technical+emotional space, and that is why I never write long posts even though  I have a lot to share.But I'll say something: the first thing you mentioned was exercise, which is so true; I made a cheshbon that I can not recall a fall that happened on the same day of a workout.Anyway, I have much more to say, but my chavrusa is already waiting, so thank you all for your support.All the best.

Re: scared from the urge to come 14 Jan 2024 22:23 #407033

• hechochma
  • Gold Boarder
crispy wrote on 14 Jan 2024 19:47:
You are making me so jealous! I imagine this helping really wonderful, but I can't even imagine myself doing this; opening up to a stranger feels impossible to me. I hope That One day I will be able to do it.Thank you @yitzchokm for your PM, it was a big chizuck, I have what to discuss about each of your points, but my writing and typing are not the best and it takes me time, plus I get lost in my emotions, so I need to have the technical+emotional space, and that is why I never write long posts even though  I have a lot to share.But I'll say something: the first thing you mentioned was exercise, which is so true; I made a cheshbon that I can not recall a fall that happened on the same day of a workout.Anyway, I have much more to say, but my chavrusa is already waiting, so thank you all for your support.All the best.

I hear ya. It is overwhelming - I started on the IM - most people don't mind slow-typers. Your writing is great though!!!

Would love to hear the more to say!

My Thread

Re: scared from the urge to come 15 Jan 2024 06:38 #407046

• bright
  • Current streak: 74 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You are making me so jealous! I imagine this helping really wonderful, but I can't even imagine myself doing this; opening up to a stranger feels impossible to me. 

Totally get that! We arent raised to want to discuss these topics.... It may change your life, though. You must ask yourself, is it kdai to take a chance on going out of your comfort zonefor a strong possibility of a better life. It may help to start with emailing.
Nothing good grows in the dark. 
Last Edit: 15 Jan 2024 06:38 by bright.

Re: scared from the urge to come 15 Jan 2024 15:04 #407060

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
bright wrote on 15 Jan 2024 06:38:

You are making me so jealous! I imagine this helping really wonderful, but I can't even imagine myself doing this; opening up to a stranger feels impossible to me. 

Totally get that! We arent raised to want to discuss these topics.... It may change your life, though. You must ask yourself, is it kdai to take a chance on going out of your comfort zonefor a strong possibility of a better life. It may help to start with emailing.

Yes. email sounds so much better!
Any recommended email address?

Re: scared from the urge to come 15 Jan 2024 21:32 #407101

• hechochma
  • Gold Boarder

My Thread

Re: scared from the urge to come 28 Jan 2024 18:06 #407723

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
30 days!!

Re: scared from the urge to come 06 Feb 2024 18:19 #408357

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
I fell again after 38 days.
I do not feel anything like sadness etc
My feelings are numb.
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?