Welcome, Guest

I cannot believe I am here
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: I cannot believe I am here 2904 Views

Re: I cannot believe I am here 14 Feb 2024 12:32 #408655

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Are you sharing the stress with anyone? Doing so lowers the stress level and the urge to act out. Exercise helps quite a bit as well. It is an important health strategy to keep stress levels down. We have to retrain ourselves to not head towards our default system of using sexual release as our outlet, by replacing it with healthy and kosher releases.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: I cannot believe I am here 14 Feb 2024 16:43 #408660

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Chazak Viamatz!’
Sorry to hear about the stressful situation. Here’s an arm around the shoulders. You can do it!!

Look! You have come a very long way on the road clean. What an incredible accomplishment !
I think it’s ok to tell yourself that there is no concept of a cumulative buildup. The Yetzer Hora tries to make us believe that the buildup of pressure and difficulty in holding back accumulates.

So he tells us: “Hey, it’s harder to withstand after 40 days, after 50 it’s even harder, and my gosh after 75 days clean how are you possibly still holding on by your fingernails!”

In most cases it’s a false fantasy. Each day is its own battle. Each day has its fresh challenge, and the ability to be victorious, with Siyata Dishmaya. The accumulated days behind you do nothing but prove that you can win repeatedly, with Hashem’s help. So there’s nothing to stop you from victory today. And then repeat.

I find it also helps to be focused on the positive benefits you enjoy while being clean. Not only how much you want to not fall. Offense, not defense!!

Keep going. Keep climbing! You are greater , and more capable than you think!!

Warmly,
Chaim
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: I cannot believe I am here 14 Feb 2024 17:50 #408662

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey, sounds like you are doing great! If I may offer, you wrote you would like to 'watch away the stress', in which you are correct that watching can release some of the stress. But remember that other things can, too! How about calling a friend and shmoozing? How about speed walking? How about watching a Jewish inspirational video (like those made by project inspire)? 
My friend, we are waiting to hear your updates
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: I cannot believe I am here 07 Mar 2024 00:36 #409668

I have not posted in a really long time so I feel like I should give an update. BH I am doing great! Found myself slipping at one time, so I took an extended Taphsik and I have been great ever since. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of how to wean myself off making these shvuos. They really help me, but I wish I could do it without them. Any ideas?

Re: I cannot believe I am here 07 Mar 2024 00:48 #409672

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 234 days
  • Gold Boarder
Have you tried speaking to any of the wonderful people here on GYE? For me, speaking to people was the first real step towards a wholesome life without these behaviors. 
(Try HHM, Eerie, Chaimoigen, IWLR to start...)

Re: I cannot believe I am here 07 Mar 2024 00:54 #409674

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You mentioned boredom and stress as your triggers. Have you found appropriate responses for them in the toolbox or are you merely suppressing your stress and boredom by using the Taphsic method? Are you reading The Battle of the Generation regularly? The book should give you the incentive to want to win this battle, possibly without needing to resort to the Taphsic method.

Re: I cannot believe I am here 27 Mar 2024 13:34 #410772

I had a major fall the other day. I was bored and stressed, and I saw it coming, but I didn't want to take a taphsic because I felt it was important to practice fighting the urge rather than just pushing it away with a taphsic. 
I'm not sure what to think. BH I made it to over 100 days, and I accomplished so much in that time. Also, I was able to pick myself up after the fall and keep on fighting. I am trying to improve my filter (but you cant filter an addiction...) and more importantly working on myself to make sure that this does not happen again.
But at the end of the day, this was a fall after a long period in the clear and it's upsetting. The yetzer hora tells me all sorts of things- I'm a bad person, I will never fix this, just give up. Trying to stay positive, hoping you guys have some advice or words of encouragement.

Re: I cannot believe I am here 27 Mar 2024 13:55 #410773

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 31 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Oy! Gevald. That hurts. I feel for you, my friend.

Don't listen to the YH, he's your friend just like Biden is Israel's friend.

You're not a bad person. This fall doesn't define you and it by no means deletes all the work and clean days that you worked so hard on.

You're human and you were stressed and he got the better of you this time but how many times didn't he get you? It's okay. move on and continue plowing!

It's amazing that you can pick yourself up right away - it is so important after a fall to continue fighting and not letting the guard down.

My friend, be sure that the coming days, weeks, and maybe months will be a bit tougher than it was before the fall (I'm currently experiencing that) But please, my dear brother, don't give in, fight it tooth and nail. Walk around looking like a grouch, I don't care. There is only one thing that matters - no falling back into the YH's trap.

Identifying what led to that fall and trying the best to fix those issues is super important as well.

Rooting to you,
Wish you loads of hatzlacha,
Keep plowing!
and remember don't look back, because you're not going that way!
With Love,
Heeling,
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: I cannot believe I am here 27 Mar 2024 18:44 #410799

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Heeling wrote on 27 Mar 2024 13:55:

You're not a bad person. This fall doesn't define you and it by no means deletes all the work and clean days that you worked so hard on.

You're human and you were stressed and he got the better of you this time but how many times didn't he get you? It's okay. move on and continue plowing!

It's amazing that you can pick yourself up right away - it is so important after a fall to continue fighting and not letting the guard down.

My friend, be sure that the coming days, weeks, and maybe months will be a bit tougher than it was before the fall (I'm currently experiencing that) But please, my dear brother, don't give in, fight it tooth and nail. Walk around looking like a grouch, I don't care. There is only one thing that matters - no falling back into the YH's trap.

Identifying what led to that fall and trying the best to fix those issues is super important as well.

Rooting to you,
Keep plowing!
With Love,
Heeling,

Great post, my friend.
Personally, I like trucking more than plowing.
With love,
Eerie
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: I cannot believe I am here 27 Mar 2024 19:15 #410806

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 31 days
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 27 Mar 2024 18:44:

Rooting to you,
Keep plowing!
With Love,
Heeling,

Great post, my friend.
With love,
Eerie

After doing some research, I think I'll change it to 'plow on'.

With love,
Heeling,
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: I cannot believe I am here 27 Mar 2024 19:31 #410808

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 27 Mar 2024 18:44:

Rooting to you,
Keep plowing!
With Love,
Heeling,

Great post, my friend.
With love,
Eerie

Not much plowing this year...
Off the forum for now.
My Thread (Not for inspiration, but for random bits and pieces of my journey, as well as the inspiring responses of others: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/375514-Enough-is-Enough
jackthejewgye@gmail.com
There are tips, tools, and techniques, but there are no shortcuts.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet! ~ Groucho Marx
Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.-Voltaire
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.- Abraham Lincoln
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.- Yogi Berra
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." ~ Calvin

Re: I cannot believe I am here 29 Mar 2024 11:30 #410930

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
remaininganonymous26 wrote on 27 Mar 2024 13:34:
I had a major fall the other day. I was bored and stressed, and I saw it coming, but I didn't want to take a taphsic because I felt it was important to practice fighting the urge rather than just pushing it away with a taphsic. 
I'm not sure what to think. BH I made it to over 100 days, and I accomplished so much in that time. Also, I was able to pick myself up after the fall and keep on fighting. I am trying to improve my filter (but you cant filter an addiction...) and more importantly working on myself to make sure that this does not happen again.
But at the end of the day, this was a fall after a long period in the clear and it's upsetting. The yetzer hora tells me all sorts of things- I'm a bad person, I will never fix this, just give up. Trying to stay positive, hoping you guys have some advice or words of encouragement.

A courageous fellow looked up at the summit and planned out his climb up the mountain. As each day progressed he accustomed himself to the challenges of the unpredictable terrain. After 100 days of climbing he lost his balance and slipped into a ditch. As he sat on the ditch's edge bandaging his wounds, he had an opportunity to enjoy the views and fresh air from this high altitude. "I guess i could give up and head down, but that would be foolish." So after resting a bit, he studied the area to determine what caused his slip and developed a plan for the next time such a challenge arose, and headed on to day 101 of his climb.

Buddy, you are a hero. Determine what the triggers were, make a plan, and keep going. Hatzlocha!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: I cannot believe I am here 29 Mar 2024 12:10 #410933

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
What do you have in place of the Taphsic method? Are you doing the Flight to Freedom program? Are you reading The Battle of the Generation? Do you have a list of cues and appropriate responses from the toolbox? Are you reaching out to people? Did you download audio recordings?

Re: I cannot believe I am here 05 May 2024 23:22 #412588

This is a really hard post for me to write. But I think I need to write it to be honest, and for myself. I noticed myself getting into a tough spot in my journey, where BH I was successful, but I was not progressing. What was happening was I would make a neder not to watch inappropriate content, and for the duration of the neder I was successful. When the period of the neder was over, I noticed my tayvos stirring, and I took another neder. And this is how the cycle went. BH successful, but I was not getting anywhere. 
So I did something which at the time I thought was correct, but looking back I could have planned better. I want to work on myself not to rely on the crutch of nedarim. I myself want to be a better person, who doesn't need to watch this garbage. So I stopped making nedarim and tried to fight the monster head on. And I failed miserably...
I should have reached out to you on the forum, I should have devised a plan in advance, but I was foolish...
And I noticed now when I fall, the content gets worse and worse...
I am down in the dumps, but urging myself don't give up. BH if you follow this thread I have had amazing hatzlacha over the past many months. I just sometimes question if it is ever possible to be fully clean. I won't give up (which is why I returned here) and I am back for words of encouragement. 
The hope I hold on to is even if I die as an addict, after 120 I can say I tried... 
So learning from my mistakes, here is the plan: I hope to post every Sunday (even just a short thing- that I'm still in- no need to reply, but I love the encouragement each of you give!), and I'm gonna make a plan (better sources of entertainment, using tools from the flight-plan, fix holes in the filter etc.). I will still use the nedarim trick but only when absolutely necessary. Lets see how it goes, and I can tweak it as time goes on. 
I hope their is still hope for me...please please words of chizzuk!!!

Re: I cannot believe I am here 05 May 2024 23:33 #412589

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
remaininganonymous26 wrote on 05 May 2024 23:22:
This is a really hard post for me to write. But I think I need to write it to be honest, and for myself. I noticed myself getting into a tough spot in my journey, where BH I was successful, but I was not progressing. What was happening was I would make a neder not to watch inappropriate content, and for the duration of the neder I was successful. When the period of the neder was over, I noticed my tayvos stirring, and I took another neder. And this is how the cycle went. BH successful, but I was not getting anywhere. 
So I did something which at the time I thought was correct, but looking back I could have planned better. I want to work on myself not to rely on the crutch of nedarim. I myself want to be a better person, who doesn't need to watch this garbage. So I stopped making nedarim and tried to fight the monster head on. And I failed miserably...
I should have reached out to you on the forum, I should have devised a plan in advance, but I was foolish...
And I noticed now when I fall, the content gets worse and worse...
I am down in the dumps, but urging myself don't give up. BH if you follow this thread I have had amazing hatzlacha over the past many months. I just sometimes question if it is ever possible to be fully clean. I won't give up (which is why I returned here) and I am back for words of encouragement. 
The hope I hold on to is even if I die as an addict, after 120 I can say I tried... 
So learning from my mistakes, here is the plan: I hope to post every Sunday (even just a short thing- that I'm still in- no need to reply, but I love the encouragement each of you give!), and I'm gonna make a plan (better sources of entertainment, using tools from the flight-plan, fix holes in the filter etc.). I will still use the nedarim trick but only when absolutely necessary. Lets see how it goes, and I can tweak it as time goes on. 
I hope there is still hope for me...please please words of chizzuk!!!

There is always hope.  For someone that keeps getting back up to fight there is also tremendous admiration.   
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes