Welcome, Guest

Should I block GYE??
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Should I block GYE?? 347 Views

Should I block GYE?? 27 Mar 2023 19:34 #393998

• Junior Boarder

Hey Fellow GYE members,

I’m in an interesting predicament and I’m not sure how to proceed…

On one hand the GYE community is an invaluable resource of chizuk, advice, support and so on…

On the other hand, when it comes to shmiras Einyaim related Inyanim I’m also pretty innocent.

My challenge is that going through the Forum’s I find that 90% of the subject matter doesn’t pertain to me and if anything is giving me “ideas” that I would be better off not knowing.

I also find myself wasting a lot of time going through the forums to find some “juicy” topics… I do find the back and forth conversations very stimulating and intriguing but if I would be 100% honest with myself, it might actually be doing me more harm than good. I know it sounds funny but I’m considering blocking GYE for this reason.

Any thoughts?

Re: Should I block GYE?? 27 Mar 2023 20:10 #394003

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Go with your gut, buddy. We care about you, and we are here for you, but if you feel it is doing you more harm than good, do what you gotta do. I will point out that in my opinion the main help the forum gives in breaking free is that it gives you a springboard to connecting to live people. It does so by making us open to idea of discussing these things. So if you have the connection, I'd say you can be OK like that, and if you don't yet, maybe first establish the connections before you go. Hatzlacha!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Should I block GYE?? 30 Mar 2023 18:47 #394150

• yaazor
  • Senior Boarder
Maybe try connecting with a mentor or a rebbi that you are close with; or start opening up to someone who can help you.

hatzlacha!
ויעזור ויגן ויושיע לכל החוסים בו

"If it was supposed to be easy, they'd have sent my little sister to do it"
​- Dewayne Noel

Re: Should I block GYE?? 28 Apr 2024 18:42 #412309

• boardg
  • Fresh Boarder
1084 wrote on 27 Mar 2023 19:34:

Hey Fellow GYE members,

I’m in an interesting predicament and I’m not sure how to proceed…

On one hand the GYE community is an invaluable resource of chizuk, advice, support and so on…

On the other hand, when it comes to shmiras Einyaim related Inyanim I’m also pretty innocent.

My challenge is that going through the Forum’s I find that 90% of the subject matter doesn’t pertain to me and if anything is giving me “ideas” that I would be better off not knowing.

I also find myself wasting a lot of time going through the forums to find some “juicy” topics… I do find the back and forth conversations very stimulating and intriguing but if I would be 100% honest with myself, it might actually be doing me more harm than good. I know it sounds funny but I’m considering blocking GYE for this reason.

Any thoughts?

are you still on?

Re: Should I block GYE?? 28 Apr 2024 21:26 #412318

• jewizard21
  • Senior Boarder
When I am reading through a thread and start to read things that trigger me ever so slightly (unfortunately it takes a decent amount to trigger me) I stop reading that thread and move to the next one or take a break from the GYE forums
"The best filter is the one you don't test"-Dov

My Introduction:
guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412126-Me

Re: Should I block GYE?? 26 May 2024 05:51 #414075

• sdny
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the same issue sometimes. On a practical level i got MB smart pro filter which filters "key word searches and blocks a lot (not all ) of the fouroms here 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes