Welcome, Guest

First time on GYE long time ...
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: First time on GYE long time ... 3124 Views

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 17 Mar 2023 02:22 #393464

• eraygrand
  • Current streak: 581 days
  • Expert Boarder
Made it to חי and it has definitely added to my life (including the slow reduction of yiush that I was doomed to HELL). Still a work in progress on rebuilding my connection to Hashem, a lot of buildup of grime and rust and bad habits to shake off. As the yiush starts to move out I definitely feel the yearning to get closer. Just got to work on turning those positive feelings into real action.

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 22 Mar 2023 02:33 #393690

• eraygrand
  • Expert Boarder
Just my semi-regular virtual shout out at 23 (and 31 out of 32). Hard to imagine that it has been over a month since I joined this amazing chevra. 

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 23 Mar 2023 10:35 #393779

• excellence
  • Current streak: 74 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Incredible!! Generally the longer the fall the harder it is to get up, but uv'e proven us here that we can all do it!!
Chazk v'eemotz!!

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 28 Mar 2023 01:20 #394026

• eraygrand
  • Expert Boarder
Day 29! Today was a very stressful day that a month ago would almost have certainly driven me to P&M as an escape and distraction. There were definitely some urges but nothing that I wasn't able to overcome with a little bit of effort.

Special shout out to Emes-a-yid for keeping the pressure on not to fall more than 5 days behind him! 

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 28 Mar 2023 18:29 #394060

• eerie
  • Current streak: 786 days
  • Platinum Boarder
eraygrand wrote on 28 Mar 2023 01:20:
Day 29! Today was a very stressful day that a month ago would almost have certainly driven me to P&M as an escape and distraction. There were definitely some urges but nothing that I wasn't able to overcome with a little bit of effort.

Special shout out to Emes-a-yid for keeping the pressure on not to fall more than 5 days behind him! 

You are an unreal inspiration! Amazing, keep it up and keep sharing!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 30 Mar 2023 11:21 #394137

• emes-a-yid
  • Current streak: 235 days
  • Gold Boarder
eraygrand wrote on 28 Mar 2023 01:20:

Hey just saw this, sweet shoutout! To many more of course and onwards!! B’Hatzlachah!!
To my dear friend reading this:
You are an incredible yid for just being on this site, I am breath taken after each post or new person that comes on and shares a bit about himself, keep it up. You guys are mamash matzlichim in your own ways of growth and Hashem is proud of each one of you! (that includes me too) lol.

KEEP UP YOUR TREMENDOUS UPLIFTING IN THE AVODAH OF EMES!!

Thanks for reading! Stay shtark, I am also being challenged, just build your confidence, never quit no matter what, you are your strongest enemy and yet you are your strongest savior so you choose, I am not saying it's easy but am saying it's possible just takes effort and work!!
-from Emes-A-Yid

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 04 Apr 2023 04:18 #394319

• eraygrand
  • Expert Boarder
Being in this space and getting chizzuk has created a small light which I'm hoping leads to "Pischu li PESACH k'chudo shel machat". My short term goal is to keep the streak through Pesach and be zocheh to sit at a seder enjoy a Yom Tov with my children,  grandchildren and parents in a whole new and larger light.

36 Days! Looks like BH I will achieve my first short-term goal of making it to Pesach (very confident that I will be too busy with last minute preparation  for Pesach and around too many people). Thank you again to all the chevra who have provided support here, over the phone and PMs. There is no way I could have made it here w/o every one of you. Chag Kosher V'Sameach (Wow! Even those words take on a whole new meaning!) 

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 04 Apr 2023 16:21 #394332

• chancy
  • Current streak: 822 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Chazak Chazak V'nischazeik!!
This year you will be able to understand a little deeper the meaning of Ytzias Mitzrayim, we are all in our own little prisons that the YH created for us and we are all looking to escape from it. You have learned the last 36 days how to escape one of your prisons, it will never be the same, as you see now that its possible to escape...... the trick is to see that there is a way out. 

Bchol Dor vudor chayiv udon lirois as atzmoi k'ili HE Yutzo Mimitzrayim!

Chag Kosher V'sumayach!

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 16 Apr 2023 04:32 #394483

• eraygrand
  • Expert Boarder
Checking back in at 48 days! Had an absolutely amazing and uplifting yom tov with 4 generations of my family. I did have some days with urges that served as a reminder that this is still an ongoing battle.

I heard a speech on the last day of Pesach that when hashem took the bnei yisroel out of mitrayim it was the ultimate chessed. All they needed was the desire to want to get out (as rashi points out regarding the difference between the 80% of bnei yisroel who died during makos choshech was the desire to leave). However, once they got out it was their job to continue to grow and not just rest and be satisfied that they were freed. I think many of us are in a similar situation where we took some form of inspiration to want to get out from under this and with siyata dishmaya we experienced an initial "freedom" but it is our job along with the support of this great chevra to continue to fight the war. 

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 16 Apr 2023 16:37 #394513

• eerie
  • Current streak: 786 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you for sharing! You are a real inspiration!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 19 Apr 2023 23:34 #394720

• emes-a-yid
  • Current streak: 235 days
  • Gold Boarder
eraygrand wrote on 16 Apr 2023 04:32:
Checking back in at 48 days! Had an absolutely amazing and uplifting yom tov with 4 generations of my family. I did have some days with urges that served as a reminder that this is still an ongoing battle.

I heard a speech on the last day of Pesach that when hashem took the bnei yisroel out of mitrayim it was the ultimate chessed. All they needed was the desire to want to get out (as rashi points out regarding the difference between the 80% of bnei yisroel who died during makos choshech was the desire to leave). However, once they got out it was their job to continue to grow and not just rest and be satisfied that they were freed. I think many of us are in a similar situation where we took some form of inspiration to want to get out from under this and with siyata dishmaya we experienced an initial "freedom" but it is our job along with the support of this great chevra to continue to fight the war. 

Wow! still at it BH - very proud to see! Givaldik Hatzlacha Rabah
To my dear friend reading this:
You are an incredible yid for just being on this site, I am breath taken after each post or new person that comes on and shares a bit about himself, keep it up. You guys are mamash matzlichim in your own ways of growth and Hashem is proud of each one of you! (that includes me too) lol.

KEEP UP YOUR TREMENDOUS UPLIFTING IN THE AVODAH OF EMES!!

Thanks for reading! Stay shtark, I am also being challenged, just build your confidence, never quit no matter what, you are your strongest enemy and yet you are your strongest savior so you choose, I am not saying it's easy but am saying it's possible just takes effort and work!!
-from Emes-A-Yid

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 30 Apr 2023 07:25 #395128

• eraygrand
  • Expert Boarder
62 days still and counting and fighting! Every time I think it's all in the past the YH sneaks in and whispers in my ear. This past week I was home all alone and very tempted to try to find someway. I told myself to just wait 5 minutes and that was sufficient to get past it! 

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 30 Apr 2023 10:58 #395130

• yud909
  • Current streak: 24 days
  • Expert Boarder
Following this thread, keep up the great work, you have a fan club here. 

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 15 May 2023 02:51 #395683

• eraygrand
  • Expert Boarder
My bi-weekly check in shout out - 76 days (and 85 out of 86). 

Re: First time on GYE long time ... 15 May 2023 10:41 #395693

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2845 days
  • Platinum Boarder
My bi-weekly check in shout out - 76 days (and 85 out of 86). Super!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes