Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Ok, Chevra! 2072 Views

Re: Ok, Chevra! 24 May 2023 15:41 #396152

Something fresh….

I am writing this now while waiting for a red light to change to green in front of a public school and the big kids are crossing. Obviously they’re not dressed Modestly but I’m writing this in order to watch my eyes. Thanks

Trying The Best! You'll become the best!

I can be reached at 1tryingthebest@gmail.com, 929-500-1185 (google voice number)

Re: Ok, Chevra! 24 May 2023 16:51 #396158

• grant400
  • Current streak: 30 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Trying The Best wrote on 24 May 2023 15:41:
Something fresh….

I am writing this now while waiting for a red light to change to green in front of a public school and the big kids are crossing. Obviously they’re not dressed Modestly but I’m writing this in order to watch my eyes. Thanks

Apparently, sometimes keeping your eyes on the road isn't the best advice. 

Re: Ok, Chevra! 02 Jul 2023 04:45 #398280

Git Vuch everyone!

BH I am doing well, I am still clean from P&M and the looking on the streets are tuff but BH Hashem is watching me and doing good in that area as well.

After not having wet naps on Shabbos afternoons, today I woke up wet. 
I am wondering why it’s happening on Shabbos afternoons more than stam in the week?
if I woke up wet, what am I supposed to do? Do i need to go to Mikva? That’s so embarrassing… everyone will know exactly why i am going. Also, which Mikva is open Shabbos afternoon? 
should I take a cold shower? My kids will ask…

Any info? I never got a clear cut answer from anyone on this

I can be reached at 1tryingthebest@gmail.com, 929-500-1185 (google voice number)

Last Edit: 02 Jul 2023 04:47 by trying the best.

Re: Ok, Chevra! 02 Jul 2023 05:46 #398281

• yitz23
  • Current streak: 21 days
  • Expert Boarder
Hi TTB

I just read through this thread for the first time, and I am blown away! You are such a legend!

I love your attitude and your writing style, you seem like a super fun guy.

Keep it coming! You just got a new subscriber!
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Every hand's a winner
and every hand's a loser
And the best that you can hope for
is to die in your sleep
                      -Kenny Rogers,
The Gambler

Re: Ok, Chevra! 10 Jul 2023 18:56 #398539

• imfree
  • Fresh Boarder
I was told if a bachur has a wet dream he should go to mik on erev shabbos. It could be halacha is different when you are married. 

Re: Ok, Chevra! 11 Jul 2023 15:03 #398575

Success story!

Hi, 
So the YH sees that I am at day 150 and he can’t take it so he sent me something for a present….

I was making an oil change for my car and I had to wait in the waiting area till they finish. I took along my tablet to keep myself busy with work or torah anytime, Vayimaen… but for these few seconds the YH made sure to send me a HUGE nisoyon. 

the waiting area had big windows so I was able to look outside, and there was a goyta which was (un)dressed literally so inappropriately and it was extremely tempting and hard for me to look away, but I reminded myself of the Vayimaen video I recently watched that every challenge is an opportunity (it’s worth watching https://new.torahanytime.com/lectures/244968) and I was - BH - able to close my eyes and looked away! I am so emotional and excited while writing this, because a year ago I would just continue to stare at her and enjoy it for a few minutes, but then I would masturbate and be so sad.

Thank you hashem for giving me the strength it this battle and overcome this and please help me further!

Re: Ok, Chevra! 11 Jul 2023 15:10 #398576

• richtig
  • Platinum Boarder
Trying The Best wrote on 11 Jul 2023 15:03:
Success story!

Hi, 
So the YH sees that I am at day 150 and he can’t take it so he sent me something for a present….

I was making an oil change for my car and I had to wait in the waiting area till they finish. I took along my tablet to keep myself busy with work or torah anytime, Vayimaen… but for these few seconds the YH made sure to send me a HUGE nisoyon. 

the waiting area had big windows so I was able to look outside, and there was a goyta which was (un)dressed literally so inappropriately and it was extremely tempting and hard for me to look away, but I reminded myself of the Vayimaen video I recently watched that every challenge is an opportunity (it’s worth watching https://new.torahanytime.com/lectures/244968) and I was - BH - able to close my eyes and looked away! I am so emotional and excited while writing this, because a year ago I would just continue to stare at her and enjoy it for a few minutes, but then I would masturbate and be so sad.

Thank you hashem for giving me the strength it this battle and overcome this and please help me further!

Gevaldig and amazing, thank you for sharing!

Re: Ok, Chevra! 11 Jul 2023 15:27 #398577

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 46 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wonderful! Wow that requires a lot of strength.

Keep it up!
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: Ok, Chevra! 13 Jul 2023 00:24 #398697

• eerie
  • Current streak: 738 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Trying The Best wrote on 11 Jul 2023 15:03:
Success story!

Hi, 

My friend, you are a hero. And a huge inspiration!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Ok, Chevra! 19 Jul 2023 21:19 #399006

I am posting this here on my thread and also on the "Shmiras Einayim - Daily Boost" thread Hello my dear GYE brothers!

So I was going last night to the local chain store to buy some fruits and vegetables etc. arriving at the parking lot. I saw through the windows of the store that one of the cashiers was (un)dressed very inappropriately and extremely sexy and attractive.

I thought to myself “let me not ruin it, i hope my guard is strong enough and I’ll win the battle, when I finish collecting all my items I will not go to that cashier, I’ll go to a different one (איכא דרכא אחרינא…)”

I finished and I’m heading to checkout, but the YH is very experienced in his job so he made sure that all registers should be closed and ‘only’ this sexy-looking, attractive, (un)dressed women cashier should be open.
So I turned on my guard on ‘high alert’ and I started unpacking my cart on the counter with my back to her and my eyes towards the line (BH no-one was there so I didn't have another nisoyon), I paid and left the store being the WINNER!!

Thank you Hashem for giving me the strength in this battle!

Guys let me tell you, while writing this post I am breathing heavily since it wasn't easy AT ALL….! but the harder it is the better you feel afterwards!

Thanks for listening!

Re: Ok, Chevra! 21 Jul 2023 13:36 #399042

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 345 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
You're amazing! Kovesh es yitzroi!!
 What I sometimes succeed in doing in such cases is say thank you to Hashem, thanks that there are beautiful, attractive creations in the world, and that we are healthy and have healthy interest in looking and thinking about these things, and thanks for the opportunity and energy to overcome these challenges! 

Make it into a positive, happy feeling of elation!

Have a great Shabbos!!

Re: Ok, Chevra! 23 Jul 2023 05:07 #399069

Hi,

Thank you all for the support and chizuk!
Have a gut vuch!

Re: Ok, Chevra! 13 Sep 2023 19:16 #401117

Hi everyone!
I hope you are welcoming the Holy YT days in the right way and with a geshmak!

As we approach the new year I want to thank Hashem for leading me to this amazing website, which led me to connect with the right holy and good friends/mentors and made it happen that I am BH still clean since I joined GYE this year.

On RH while making the "Shehechyonu" I will be thanking Hashem that I am Iyh coming in with 216 clean days, which is about 60% of the year!!!!

Many might think that I shouldn't write this so it won't be an Eyin Hara, but I really think, that promoting and making a big deal out of success is only a help for myself and others, so I don't have on what to worry about BSD.

I want to wish all my close GYE friends and the entire GYE staff a Ksiva V'chasima Tova blessed with all you need and we should be zoicha to Moshiach Ztidkeinu Bimheira!

Enjoy, 
Trying The Best,

Re: Ok, Chevra! 03 Jan 2024 23:57 #406337

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since I posted last on my thread, I am BH very busy, so I don't really have time to post but I keep on checking in here and I am connected.

I realized lately that the YH sees me reaching over 300 clean days and - I guess - he can't stand that so lately he keeps on knocking in my head to look, fantasize, etc., and do things that I have been BH doing very well. and he even makes me feel down sometimes "HA HA I got you to look, fantasize! but hey, you're above 300 clean days, so how come you let down your guard from your eyes & mind?!" 

The truth is that my main struggle was on my devices and BH with my GREAT AMAZING webchaver () on my computer and my wife on my tablet I am really doing great BH TYH!!!!

But Now I understand why water is the 'Mekor of Tayvos' because the water travels wherever there's a hole, crack, etc. and I lately saw on a certain website - which was filtered to the max, human faces blocked totally, inappropriate search words are blocked - that certain items without having these inappropriate descriptions, but are very triggering are still accessible and gets me.... there.....

So I was thinking maybe I have to start counting from 1 again?!? no, I am continuing because my main problem (my devices) are still under control, and for this small crack I blocked it and I am continuing to fight.

Thanks and looking forward to get chizuk from our entire GYE family!!

Re: Ok, Chevra! 04 Jan 2024 14:38 #406385

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 46 days
  • Platinum Boarder

My dear fellow Jew,

Your post describes struggles yet at the same time I’m getting a very strong feeling of strength, determination, and positivity.

Kudos you to for putting all those filters in place. Keep rocking, don’t give in an inch to the YH – not for what you did or for what you will do. Big or small. Positive or negative. We disregard everything he has to say.

Keep it up,

Keep climbing,

Focus on the good.

You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes