Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Newcomer 3264 Views

Re: Newcomer 19 Feb 2023 05:32 #392285

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
bradley smith wrote on 19 Feb 2023 05:12:
Not sure...I couldnt have asked for a better wife. but shes not so understanding when  it comes to these things. she grew up very frum and sheltered.
Im happy i gave you a laugh

I wasn’t laughing at your wife cv I understand her ( I wouldn’t want my kids on this site either) . I also grew up extremely sheltered… and guess what I thank H for that BIG TIME! I don’t know how I would’ve of survived if I would’ve been exposed to these shmutz as a child ( it’s bad enough for an adult). 
But let me tell my experience. I bh have extremely open relationship with my wife and it really helped me a lot in this struggle ( especially now that I’m starting sa… like you can’t hide your life from someone your living with) so maybe get on the phone with someone smart ( you can try Hhm. Or ask the moderators for a good person to ask) for advice how you can tell her about your struggles and how you’re on this site working on getting helped etc. hatzlachah rabbah!
Guys the only way were really gonna get help is with H’s help so we gotta beg him for help and he sure will help us cause he wants us helped!!
CRY TO HIM!!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/2-What-Works-for-Me/387630-Powerful!#387630

Feel free to pm me!
Last Edit: 19 Feb 2023 13:31 by geshmak!.

Re: Newcomer 19 Feb 2023 23:16 #392329

Guys, my first victory! After bH a clean shabbos, i decided that bradley smith should cease to exist (with apologies to that british motorcycle racer ayin wikipedia) and my new name is Yeshayahu 41:6
Its refering to a posuk in something called Navi.
whoever is unfamiliar with that, just ask your wives im sure they know
איש את רעהו יעזרו ולאחיו יאמר חזק!! (ישעיהו מא:ו)
Let's do this together!!
bradley613613@gmail.com

Re: Newcomer 20 Feb 2023 02:26 #392339

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeshayahu 41:6 wrote on 19 Feb 2023 23:16:
Guys, my first victory! After bH a clean shabbos, i decided that bradley smith should cease to exist (with apologies to that british motorcycle racer ayin wikipedia) and my new name is Yeshayahu 41:6

Amazing new name! 
I hope you don't mind me sharing the secret "Each one shall aid his fellow, and to his brother he shall say, "Strengthen yourself."" 
THANK YOU!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Newcomer 20 Feb 2023 03:27 #392341

can someone help a technologically challenged yid? how do i make a signature for posts?
Let's do this together!!
bradley613613@gmail.com

Re: Newcomer 20 Feb 2023 03:54 #392342

I wrote a haiku in honor of this fleeting moment in time:

Hi Yeshayahu. 
A new start. A fresh life now.
The old book is closed. 
Hi, my name is ILH and I’m a Sexaholic. Easy does it... I don't need to be perfect. 
If you figured out my identity, don't be shy, come say hi! 
It takes tons of courage to fight the good fight, but we don't have to do it all alone. 
My Story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/385922-My-Story-Being-Honest-For-Once

Re: Newcomer 20 Feb 2023 04:36 #392346

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeshayahu 41:6 wrote on 20 Feb 2023 03:27:
can someone help a technologically challenged yid? how do i make a signature for posts?

Click your name and then click on edit profile and there you can make a signature.
Guys the only way were really gonna get help is with H’s help so we gotta beg him for help and he sure will help us cause he wants us helped!!
CRY TO HIM!!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/2-What-Works-for-Me/387630-Powerful!#387630

Feel free to pm me!

Re: Newcomer 20 Feb 2023 12:48 #392350

can someone explain what "karma" is all about? do we have buddhists here too?
Let's do this together!!
bradley613613@gmail.com

Re: Newcomer 20 Feb 2023 14:07 #392355

• iwillmanage
  • Current streak: 30 days
  • Expert Boarder

Mazel Tov on your shinu hashem! May you only know of success in your new identity!
I liked your old name though.. quite refreshing. Maybe I'll take it for myself once I manage:) Or maybe I'll look for a more successful racer while I'm at it

Re: Newcomer 20 Feb 2023 14:56 #392357

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeshayahu 41:6 wrote on 20 Feb 2023 12:48:

"Karma" is a kind of rewards and punishments system. 
Basically, users (in a self-regulating discussion forum) can "vote" to reward or to punish contributors. Theoretically, users should be able to give recognition for the work of others based on merit as a way of encouraging their participation. In practice, however, it is more likely that users deduct points capriciously, without any regard for merit, simply because they disagree with what someone has written. This negative behavior is intended to stifle dissenting (or controversial) opinion. It also tends to create factional blocs/cliques within the forum. At the very least, it's unrewarding, dissatisfying and discouraging for the people being targeted in this way.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"

Re: Newcomer 20 Feb 2023 15:18 #392358

• excellence
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Platinum Boarder
DavidT wrote on 20 Feb 2023 14:56:

Basically, users (in a self-regulating discussion forum) can "vote" to reward or to punish contributors. Theoretically, users should be able to give recognition for the work of others based on merit as a way of encouraging their participation. In practice, however, it is more likely that users deduct points capriciously, without any regard for merit, simply because they disagree with what someone has written. This negative behavior is intended to stifle dissenting (or controversial) opinion. It also tends to create factional blocs/cliques within the forum. At the very least, it's unrewarding, dissatisfying and discouraging for the people being targeted in this way.

@DavidT, Lechaim You made it to 100 Karma 

Re: Newcomer 20 Feb 2023 17:50 #392366

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder

I heard Bochurim don't learn Nach because there's a Sefer called Job...
Off the forum for now.
My Thread (Not for inspiration, but for random bits and pieces of my journey, as well as the inspiring responses of others: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/375514-Enough-is-Enough
jackthejewgye@gmail.com
There are tips, tools, and techniques, but there are no shortcuts.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet! ~ Groucho Marx
Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.-Voltaire
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.- Abraham Lincoln
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.- Yogi Berra
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." ~ Calvin

Re: Newcomer 20 Feb 2023 20:38 #392373

• eerie
  • Current streak: 732 days
  • Platinum Boarder

If I may, My dear friend, I'm not sure why the system of karma exists, and we shouldn't be putting too much thought into what other people think about us, or whether they agree with us. If anybody wants to disagree with something you say they can post so respectfully on the forum. And if they agree they can hit the thank you button. My two cents.
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Newcomer 20 Feb 2023 22:08 #392376

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
excellence wrote on 20 Feb 2023 15:18:

DavidT wrote on 20 Feb 2023 14:56:

@DavidT, Lechaim You made it to 100 Karma 

that and a token... :-)

Re: Newcomer 21 Feb 2023 00:02 #392378

iwillmanage wrote on 20 Feb 2023 14:07:

Mazel Tov on your shinu hashem! May you only know of success in your new identity!
I liked your old name though.. quite refreshing. Maybe I'll take it for myself once I manage:) Or maybe I'll look for a more successful racer while I'm at it

Had no idea he was a racer. Was just the first random name that came to mind
Let's do this together!!
bradley613613@gmail.com

Re: Newcomer 21 Feb 2023 01:04 #392382

I was just with a relative of mine who is very good looking. Many times I would fantasize about him and get aroused often to the point of "M". I dont see him often and whenever I do it is a challenge for me. 
THIS time was different. Why you ask? (you DID ask, right?)
Because I felt like this wasnt just me anymore. I'm part of a club that makes it their business to fight this YH.
It became OUR fight. When people are part of a club they staunchly adhere to the rules. Theres a momentum to do the "in" thing of the club. Usually its not good to just "do what everyone does because thats what everyone does". But here as I was talking to him I really remember thinking "I am now part of a holy group that does their utmost to say NO to their base desires". So, while in days past I wouldve spent the whole schmooze with him looking at his face and getting pleasure, this time I looked away as much as was politely possible. It was hard. MAN was it hard!! This is what i had always done!! My whole life before marriage i would never look at girls (which at some point worried me, was i attracted to them?) but I would look at boys plenty and that gave me pleasure (and subjects for fantasy in dreams that would end with a wet morning). I never said to myself "this is wrong". I just did it and hated myself for being "off". But I always knew it was wrong deep down and im sure that added to the self loathing in a big way. It also seemed impossible to stop because hey, I wasnt DOING anything. I never touched a boy in a sexual way EVER so how bad could it be to just enjoy looking at their faces...because it was such a vague issur (assur to be mistakel at anashim? i didnt think so) I didnt think i had to stop. all that changed last week when i joined GYE. Its not always about assur. and its definately not about yelling at yourself "ASSUR!!". Its about who am i? who is my "club"? whats the "in" thing of my club? For me, it was to say NO, Im better than that. I belong to a group thats fighting so im not going to give in to something that is going to excite me even if TECHNICALLY its not assur.
I felt all of you (whoever you all actually are) behind me saying "hey ploni (my parents named me ploni what can i do?), this is not us. Do it for the team!" And I did! First time IN MY LIFE was makpid not to benefit from looking at a handsome boy
Thank you all
Thank you Hashem  
Let's do this together!!
bradley613613@gmail.com
Time to create page: 0.73 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes