Welcome, Guest

It's all in the name
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: It's all in the name 18362 Views

Re: It's all in the name 11 Jan 2024 01:05 #406836

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Why wouldn't you do hatavas chalom? You don't have to tell the three guys the details of the dream.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: It's all in the name 11 Jan 2024 12:28 #406865

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 11 Jan 2024 01:05:
Why wouldn't you do hatavas chalom? You don't have to tell the three guys the details of the dream.

Why make a big deal out of a stupid dream that has no significance? Why give it power?
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 11 Jan 2024 15:04 #406875

• cordnoy
true_self wrote on 11 Jan 2024 12:28:

Why make a big deal out of a stupid dream that has no significance? Why give it power?

Mr. True_Self seems to be turnin' a corner (at least imho - 'h' stands for haughty); I wonder if it's connected to his current matzav haruach.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: It's all in the name 11 Jan 2024 19:20 #406898

• cande
  • Platinum Boarder

@true_love
i dreamt last night that i was having a sex encounter with my wife, do i give it power?
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2024 20:06 by cande.

Re: It's all in the name 11 Jan 2024 20:16 #406900

• true_self
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 11 Jan 2024 15:04:

Mr. True_Self seems to be turnin' a corner (at least imho - 'h' stands for haughty); I wonder if it's connected to his current matzav haruach.

With G-d on the steering wheel I will hopefully (imho - 'h' is for hopeful).

Re: It's all in the name 11 Jan 2024 20:22 #406901

• true_self
  • Platinum Boarder
cande wrote on 11 Jan 2024 19:20:

@true_love
i dreamt last night that i was having a sex encounter with my wife, do i give it power?

What I'm about to write now is not with any attention to ridicule you.

You seem to be having a hard time understanding me (and maybe also cordnoy) in writing, I welcome you to reach out to me on the phone and I can try to explain what my point was to the best of my ability, I have a pretty flexible schedule.

If you want to be more courageous you can ask cordnoy if he's willing to give you from his time.

If I offended you I give you my sincere apologies.

Re: It's all in the name 11 Jan 2024 20:59 #406908

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I believe HHM's point is that many a time people have dreams of different sorts, and even if on a logical level they know that dreams are meaningless, on an emotional level they are unnerved. I once had a longer time that I had to deal with someone who had a terrible dream, and the dream had a real effect for a long time. Reminding him that dreams are meaningless did very little to ease his tension. For that, the practice of hatavas Chalom can possibly help calm the nerves. (In my case I did something else) So it's not about giving it power, it's a way to help calm the nerves. And if I would be unnerved by the dream, I might be an idea. It just doesn't really apply here, because I happen to not be bothered by the dream or its meaning, it was the effect that the dream had, the lust it brought on, the thinking about it while sitting with my chavrusah that I was dealing with. 
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 11 Jan 2024 21:13 #406910

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder

@true_love

Can I ask you what you're trying to do? It looks weird, whatever it is.
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2024 21:14 by redfaced.

Re: It's all in the name 11 Jan 2024 21:53 #406914

• true_self
  • Platinum Boarder
redfaced wrote on 11 Jan 2024 21:13:

@true_love

He's trying to say that he didn't understand me (something people tell me here and there and I take no offence)

Re: It's all in the name 11 Jan 2024 21:59 #406915

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
true_self wrote on 11 Jan 2024 21:53:

@true_love

He's trying to say that he didn't understand me (something people tell me here and there and I take no offence)

One would think there is a better way to say it.
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face

Re: It's all in the name 11 Jan 2024 22:04 #406916

• true_self
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 11 Jan 2024 20:59:
I believe HHM's point is that many a time people have dreams of different sorts, and even if on a logical level they know that dreams are meaningless, on an emotional level they are unnerved. I once had a longer time that I had to deal with someone who had a terrible dream, and the dream had a real effect for a long time. Reminding him that dreams are meaningless did very little to ease his tension. For that, the practice of hatavas Chalom can possibly help calm the nerves. (In my case I did something else) So it's not about giving it power, it's a way to help calm the nerves. And if I would be unnerved by the dream, I might be an idea. It just doesn't really apply here, because I happen to not be bothered by the dream or its meaning, it was the effect that the dream had, the lust it brought on, the thinking about it while sitting with my chavrusah that I was dealing with. 

Reb Eerie, When I wrote that post I thought about what you told me about that person calling you with a bahhaaallllaaaaahhh that he had this crazy dream (If I got it right, that guy daydreams fantastic dreams lately), What you told me was that with his calling in all his reserves to fight his dream he actually gave it power! you said that we shouldn't give it any significance and just get on with life.

Talking about 'Hatavat Chalom', I'm reminded that I had a brisker maggid shiur in yeshivah ketanah that used to be very busy with this ritual but it didn't seem to calm his nerves (not to his students in any case).

And sometimes it's worth to go through a nerve-racking day once or twice in order to avoid getting nerved-up everytime he has a bad dream and needing to run to shul to find some guys that have patience for his crazy problems. And just imagine what it would look like if he can't find anyone? it would be like entering the coffee room 6am discovering that there's no hot water for your 16oz coffee!

Re: It's all in the name 11 Jan 2024 22:06 #406917

• true_self
  • Platinum Boarder
redfaced wrote on 11 Jan 2024 21:59:

true_self wrote on 11 Jan 2024 21:53:

@true_love

One would think there is a better way to say it.

For that one must learn to use Merriam webster or spell-check etc.

Re: It's all in the name 19 Jan 2024 19:33 #407329

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Saw a vort from the chiddushei Harim that really spoke to me. It says ולא ראו איש את אחיו ולא קמו איש מתחתיו. Says the Gerrer Rebbe, the greatest tzara is that one person cannot see the other person's pain, and when he can't see his brother, that causes ולא קמו איש מתחתיו. It's the togetherness, the brotherhood, the caring, the empathy, that we find on GYE that gives us the power to stand up. Not to be ולא קמו. 
Dear brothers, have a wonderful Shabbos! Keep trucking....and smiling!
Last Edit: 19 Jan 2024 19:35 by eerie.

Re: It's all in the name 30 Jan 2024 19:42 #407942

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Such a wonderful thing, this GYE. I posted yesterday that I was having a miserable day and enjoyed the good laughs that come with Foolie's and YKW's stuff, and all of a sudden phones start ringing, texts start dinging, and Red pulled such a good shtickel on me, EPIC!
Anyway, thank you all of my dear friends, especially Redfaced, Reb CO, Hee Chochma, and the guy that's living Realer than real. Very, very appreciated.

p.s. Reb CO, I think you're comment about not having hard days sparked an Ayin Hara of some sort. Please, Holy Rabbi, PLEASE pour some lead or say some incantation! I think the oilam has already been fully convinced otherwise, either way.

Re: It's all in the name 30 Jan 2024 21:14 #407954

• true_self
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 30 Jan 2024 19:42:
Such a wonderful thing, this GYE. I posted yesterday that I was having a miserable day and enjoyed the good laughs that come with Foolie's and YKW's stuff, and all of a sudden phones start ringing, texts start dinging, and Red pulled such a good shtickel on me, EPIC!
Anyway, thank you all of my dear friends, especially Redfaced, Reb CO, Hee Chochma, and the guy that's living Realer than real. Very, very appreciated.

p.s. Reb CO, I think you're comment about not having hard days sparked an Ayin Hara of some sort. Please, Holy Rabbi, PLEASE pour some lead or say some incantation! I think the oilam has already been fully convinced otherwise, either way.

Maybe it's because you didn't hear my voice in a while?

P.S. A text is not enough.

Time to create page: 0.67 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes