Welcome, Guest

It's all in the name
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: It's all in the name 18360 Views

Re: It's all in the name 25 Dec 2023 05:24 #405582

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Who would have believed? 1K posts. Hard to imagine what I could have written so much about...
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 25 Dec 2023 05:29 #405584

• crabapple18
  • Current streak: 1430 days
  • Gold Boarder
eerie wrote on 25 Dec 2023 05:24:
Who would have believed? 1K posts. Hard to imagine what I could have written so much about...

Congratulations! I think GYE sends you some award in the mail. Keep on posting!!
Here to see what works for others and a good shmooze. 
Always here to share my journey N' what works for me. 
Feel free to reach out 24/6 charlesbosgod@gmail.com
One day at a time!
Today is what counts. RULE 62
It’s the first drink that gets me drunk.
“Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and [a] mystery.Today matters most
One lust drink is too many and a thousand isn't enough.
**Its a part of me, not who I am**

Re: It's all in the name 25 Dec 2023 14:33 #405603

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder

Mazel tov! 
​Maybe review your posts and see if you can summarize them in a single post...  
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 25 Dec 2023 16:05 #405619

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder

And 0 karma 

Since I started following your posts almost all of them were to help others and the remaining to help yourself.
Please keep on posting, you are a treasure!
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 25 Dec 2023 18:52 #405640

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
davidt wrote on 25 Dec 2023 14:33:

Mazel tov! 
​Maybe review your posts and see if you can summarize them in a single post...  

I wish I had the time to review all my posts, and if I summarized them all in one post that'll be the longest post in GYE history!
Without looking back, my message to every guy who's here, and I wish to every guy who should be here, is that there is a way out! Give yourself a little love (not lust:)), stop hitting yourself over the head (Cordnoy and HHM will do that for you), connect here, and with hard work you'll beH be on your way.
I have learned a lot since I started posting. About myself, the struggles, GYE, and there are things I appreciate now that I didn't appreciate when I started posting. One of those things is Cordnoy. 
The shortest I can summarize all my posts is with the words: "KEEP SMILING! AND KEEP TRUCKING!"
Last Edit: 25 Dec 2023 18:58 by eerie.

Re: It's all in the name 26 Dec 2023 22:28 #405770

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
I know this may sound counterintuitive, and it may be total rubbish, but I'll share it anyway.
A man should always do what logic dictates. We may need to ask a third party what is the logical thing to do, and we may even disagree with the response. But generally, you should be able to understand his logic, even if you disagree. When a person is going through major upheaval in his life, as are people in the beginning stages of breaking free, emotion, as opposed to logic, tends to dictate. We have a 'savior' attitude towards the people that help us. And we definitely should be thankful to no end!!! But I'd like to suggest that it may be important for a guy to sometimes take a step back, and think for himself: Does this make sense on some level? Is there something about my situation that this person may not know that makes the advice not really compatible?

GYE is not a chassidus, where we do certain things just because we are part of it. Where people do what they see others write or suggest just because. Of course, with Cordnoy here there ain't no chance of this place becoming a full-fledged chassidus, but for cryin' out loud, make sure it makes sense. We are all humans here, we make mistakes sometimes. Many a post is based on a generalization. (How's that for generalization?) Many a time the person talking or writing does not have all the info of YOUR situation. What may be great advice for one guy may be terrible advice for you. Please stop and think if it makes sense for YOU. Don't let anybody tell you that your mind cannot understand, that you must ask all your questions from some higher source.

G-d gave you brains. Use it.
End rant

#bring'emallbacktoG-d
Last Edit: 26 Dec 2023 23:56 by eerie.

Re: It's all in the name 26 Dec 2023 23:09 #405773

• foolie
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 26 Dec 2023 22:28:

How do I put this delicately. This statement is highly debatable as very many people need a colonoscopy to make sure their brains are still intact 
I will give battle Sir- General George Meade (Army of the Potomac)
Nuts!- General Anthony McAuliffe (101st Airborne)
Lets Get Dangerous! - Darkwing Duck
You’ll need to raise the ante and negotiate- Rechnitzer Rejects
I'm fresh out of essential truths- Spock
Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person - David Rossi

Re: It's all in the name 26 Dec 2023 23:54 #405777

• hechochma
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Gold Boarder
I know this may sound counterintuitive, and it may be total rubbish, but I'll share it anyway.
A man should always do what logic dictates. We may need to ask a third party what is the logical thing to do, and we may even disagree with the response. But generally, you should be able to understand his logic, even if you disagree. When a person is going through major upheaval in his life, as are people in the beginning stages of breaking free, emotion, as opposed to logic, tends to dictate. We have a 'savior' attitude towards the people that help us. And we definitely should be thankful to no end!!! But I'd like to suggest that it may be important for a guy to sometimes take a step back, and think for himself: Does this make sense on some level? I
GYE is not a chassidus, where we do certain things just because we are part of it. Where people do what they see others write or suggest just because. Of course, with Cordnoy here there ain't no chance of this place becoming a full-fledged chassidus, but for cryin' out loud, make sure it makes sense. We are all humans here, we make mistakes sometimes. Don't let anybody tell you that your mind cannot understand, that you must ask all your questions from some higher source.
End rant

#bring'emallbacktoG-d

What a powerful point!
As a bit of an outspoken and opinionated person I've had many occasions when I darshened some opinion or other - but when I found out how seriously other people took what I was saying, I very much regretted taking such a strong stance that leaves no room for nuance or individualization.
Sometimes when a person is in a vulnerable state taking a strong stance can cause them a lot of self-doubt.
So the lesson I will walk away with from this post is "Look both directions before starting a rant - you might run someone over."

(PS - I also had to post because I'm not getting updates from your thread....)
Join us in reading two pages a day of the most amazing and absolutely guilt-trip-free book on the epic holy battle of our generation! Free PDF here

My Thread

והנה הכתוב אומר: הן יראת ה' היא חכמה... הרי שהיראה היא חכמה והיא לבדה חכמה... כי עיון גדול צריך על כל הדברים האלה לדעת אותם באמת ולא על צד הדמיון והסברה הכוזבת, כל שכן לקנות אותם ולהשיגם

Re: It's all in the name 27 Dec 2023 00:00 #405778

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
A man should always do what logic dictates. We may need to ask a third party what is the logical thing to do, and we may even disagree with the response. But generally, you should be able to understand his logic, even if you disagree. When a person is going through major upheaval in his life, as are people in the beginning stages of breaking free, emotion, as opposed to logic, tends to dictate. We have a 'savior' attitude towards the people that help us. And we definitely should be thankful to no end!!! But I'd like to suggest that it may be important for a guy to sometimes take a step back, and think for himself: Does this make sense on some level? Is there something about my situation that this person may not know that makes the advice not really compatible?

GYE is not a chassidus, where we do certain things just because we are part of it. Where people do what they see others write or suggest just because. Of course, with Cordnoy here there ain't no chance of this place becoming a full-fledged chassidus, but for cryin' out loud, make sure it makes sense. We are all humans here, we make mistakes sometimes. Many a post is based on a generalization. (How's that for generalization?) Many a time the person talking or writing does not have all the info of YOUR situation. What may be great advice for one guy may be terrible advice for you. Please stop and think if it makes sense for YOU. Don't let anybody tell you that your mind cannot understand, that you must ask all your questions from some higher source.

End rant

#bring'emallbacktoG-d

Thank you Eerie for this profound point!

I don’t know if others agree but to me, this point deserves to be framed in gold. 

You chose your words wisely and there’s much wisdom in there, especially for those who need it the most. 

I think this post has brought back ‘ole Moldy Voldy’s sense of humor….

Re: It's all in the name 27 Dec 2023 01:12 #405786

• cordnoy

End rant

#bring'emallbacktoG-d

Actually, for many of us who are slightly addicted, that is precisely what we should not  be doin', as the good Dr. wrote in the big book: Our thinkin' got us here, and our thinkin' is not goin' to fix us.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
Last Edit: 27 Dec 2023 01:13 by cordnoy.

Re: It's all in the name 27 Dec 2023 13:29 #405813

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 27 Dec 2023 01:12:

End rant

#bring'emallbacktoG-d

Actually, for many of us who are slightly addicted, that is precisely what we should not  be doin', as the good Dr. wrote in the big book: Our thinkin' got us here, and our thinkin' is not goin' to fix us.

Does that mean that a addict make a logical decision to start their bad habit? or at least fools himself that he was logical? just wanna make sure I'm not misunderstanding.
Agree with the second part.

I understood eerie's point was that one should not follow a mentors advice blindly especially if he didn't disclose all details, and I think that's valid for a addict too.
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 27 Dec 2023 15:06 #405818

• cordnoy
true_self wrote on 27 Dec 2023 13:29:

cordnoy wrote on 27 Dec 2023 01:12:

End rant

#bring'emallbacktoG-d

Does that mean that a addict make a logical decision to start their bad habit? or at least fools himself that he was logical? just wanna make sure I'm not misunderstanding.
Agree with the second part.

I understood eerie's point was that one should not follow a mentors advice blindly especially if he didn't disclose all details, and I think that's valid for a addict too.

No and yes; it means that he was usin' his brain to convince him how he would feel good and what will be beneficial for him.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: It's all in the name 03 Jan 2024 21:48 #406326

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
497, 498, 499

Re: It's all in the name 03 Jan 2024 21:51 #406327

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 31 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: It's all in the name 04 Jan 2024 14:53 #406387

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 31 days
  • Platinum Boarder

So, While the Legend didn’t clock 500 yet, I think its fear to say he’ll be here shortly. So, lets starts the party…

Mazel Tov on this milestone! Wow! Huge, you’re a Rabbi and role model for many of us. Always with a warm smile and huge hug. The positive energy popping out of the phone. Thank you for who you are!

Keep trucking!

You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
Time to create page: 0.74 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes