Welcome, Guest

It's all in the name
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: It's all in the name 18370 Views

Re: It's all in the name 02 Jun 2023 16:11 #396741

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eerie wrote on 02 Jun 2023 15:22:
I'm with you

I with all of you too, but maybe we can come up with something to actually get them to post? any ideas? we gotta do למעשה!!! 
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 18 Jun 2023 22:52 #397752

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi there, all my dear friends and brothers, my family at GYE! Shabbos was day 300 for me, and I hope I'm not making an Ayin Hara, but I wanted to share with my close friends that I've reached this milestone, by the grace of G-d
These past 300 days, and especially since discovering the connection to some really special people here, have been life changing for me. Totally shifting my perspective on myself on these struggles. My friends, I am so fortunate to know you, to connect to you, to learn from you, to be inspired by the people here. I thank Hashem for the opportunity to correct some of the things I've done wrong.
I was once a boy, a bachur, I dreamed of a life of purity, and somewhere along the way I got lost. Somewhere along the way I stopped dreaming. It's been many years since I dreamed. Thank you GYE and all my friends here for restoring my dreams to me
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 18 Jun 2023 23:24 #397753

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
To my dear friend and role model R’ Eerie shlita. 

Your dreams and aspirations include raising all of our Neshamos on your soaring wings. Friend, guide, shoulder to cry on, voice of reason, gentle nudger , powerful advocate, bastion of hope.You're a gift from the Rebono Shel Olam to all of us. 
whatever mistakes, Naasin Lo Kizachiyos in every sense.
Looking forward to being with you at your Mazal Tov for 400….
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com
Last Edit: 18 Jun 2023 23:27 by chaimoigen.

Re: It's all in the name 18 Jun 2023 23:41 #397754

• richtig
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you for sharing your win with us R' Eerie! That is huge. You give us hope. Thank you for restoring us to dream again.

Re: It's all in the name 19 Jun 2023 12:24 #397775

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eerie wrote on 18 Jun 2023 22:52:
Hi there, all my dear friends and brothers, my family at GYE! Shabbos was day 300 for me, and I hope I'm not making an Ayin Hara, but I wanted to share with my close friends that I've reached this milestone, by the grace of G-d
These past 300 days, and especially since discovering the connection to some really special people here, have been life changing for me. Totally shifting my perspective on myself on these struggles. My friends, I am so fortunate to know you, to connect to you, to learn from you, to be inspired by the people here. I thank Hashem for the opportunity to correct some of the things I've done wrong.
I was once a boy, a bachur, I dreamed of a life of purity, and somewhere along the way I got lost. Somewhere along the way I stopped dreaming. It's been many years since I dreamed. Thank you GYE and all my friends here for restoring my dreams to me

Amazing!!

We can celebrate with you 100%! Your celebration of 300 days of sanity miraculously corresponds to the day we are celebrating 300 of having you here!

Thank you for the amount of effort and love you extend to the people on this site. You have had the great zechus in changing so many peoples daily struggles of pain and despair into daily struggles of triumph and hope.

Thank you from all of us!
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2023 12:27 by grant400.

Re: It's all in the name 19 Jun 2023 23:06 #397805

Grant400 wrote on 19 Jun 2023 12:24:

Eerie wrote on 18 Jun 2023 22:52:

Amazing!!

We can celebrate with you 100%! Your celebration of 300 days of sanity miraculously corresponds to the day we are celebrating 300 of having you here!

Thank you for the amount of effort and love you extend to the people on this site. You have had the great zechus in changing so many peoples daily struggles of pain and despair into daily struggles of triumph and hope.

Thank you from all of us!

It’s always Eerie how he welcomes newbies and cheers us all up
Hi, my name is ILH and I’m a Sexaholic. Easy does it... I don't need to be perfect. 
If you figured out my identity, don't be shy, come say hi! 
It takes tons of courage to fight the good fight, but we don't have to do it all alone. 
My Story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/385922-My-Story-Being-Honest-For-Once

Re: It's all in the name 20 Jun 2023 00:02 #397807

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
My dear friends, you are too kind

Although it's been so long, much time has gone by,
He sometimes still appears, comes up in  my minds eye, 
The young boy read of greatness, and it filled his heart with yearning,
to follow the correct path, grow in davening and learning,
He would steer clear of the pitfalls, he was absolutely sure,
Come what may this young boy would always remain pure.
He continued on his way, happy and self-assured,
And here, my friends, in my minds eye, the picture starts to blur
For the Yetzer was not asleep, nor had he forgotten,
He would figure out a way to convince me I was rotten,
He wanted much more then simply to just get me to sin,
He wanted me to believe that there was no way I could win
So he got me to watch those things, to listen and to read,
He even convinced me  to think that this is what I need,
And when I finally stopped for a moment and gave the matter thought,
I realized I was stuck. Cemented. Mired. Caught.
My friends, you must know, of course I really tried,
I promised and I swore, oh, and how I cried,
I couldn't believe, was this me, was I really sinning,
But the Yetzer hara, he just laughed, he knew that he was winning,
I was so confused, knew not what to be thinking,
Alone, a ship at sea, torpedoed and quickly sinking,
I believed him when he told me that for me there was no hope,
And he slowly convinced me to give it up, to let go of the rope,
Up in smoke they went all those plans of how my life I'd spend,
Those beautiful dreams of purity came to painful end
He'd got me to believe that there really was no way,
This was the way I'd be until my dying day....

Then one fine day, I tell you, don't know what got into me,
I signed in to this site and joined GYE,
In the beginning I would spend maybe 10 minutes at most
One day, don't know why, I decided to post,
I shivered as I typed, put the details together,
And then I pressed submit and changed my life forever,
No, my friends, I will not say that my struggles disappeared,
But when I had you with me, people who truly cared,
People who took the time to encourage, to inspire,
To respond, to enlighten, to teach how to rewire,
No longer did I carry the heavy weight in my heart,
Because in every struggle and success you are very much a part,
The sun began to shine again, the days are so much brighter,
With you at my side my load is so much lighter,
When people lend an ear, with me they shared their time,
It inspired me to try again the tall mountain to climb,
This journey has given me hope, has literally changed my life,
Besides for changing me, there's my children and my wife,
Who will never be the same now that I know the boys,
The ones who will always be there for me, be it for sorrow or for joys,
And so although it is so small, it's something I must do,
My dearest friends and brothers, I tell you all thank you

and the greatest thank you to the person who does not want to be mentioned, and I would skip it, but how can I? Rebbe, you have changed my life in so many ways I can't begin to tell you. I owe you everything
Last Edit: 20 Jun 2023 15:55 by eerie.

Re: It's all in the name 20 Jun 2023 02:07 #397815

• neshamaincharge
  • Current streak: 3654 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eerie wrote on 20 Jun 2023 00:02:
For the Yetzer was not asleep, nor had he forgotten,
He would figure out a way to convince me I was rotten,
He wanted much more then simply to just get me to sin,
He wanted me to believe that there was no way I could win

Every word of this is precious but the above lines really hit home for me...
Thank you Eerie! We're so thankful for that day you clicked submit, and we're all better for it! 

Re: It's all in the name 20 Jun 2023 12:41 #397825

This would make a great illustrated book Dr. Seuss style

You can send it in the welcome package
Hi, my name is ILH and I’m a Sexaholic. Easy does it... I don't need to be perfect. 
If you figured out my identity, don't be shy, come say hi! 
It takes tons of courage to fight the good fight, but we don't have to do it all alone. 
My Story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/385922-My-Story-Being-Honest-For-Once

Re: It's all in the name 18 Jul 2023 20:17 #398954

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Dearest Friends, I am literally tearing as I write this. I will most probably not have access for the next few days. It was just under a year ago, on July 22, that I signed up to GYE. My first post was only in Nov, and until then this site did almost nothing for me, but I still feel like it was the beginning. I signed up looking only for the accountability, the daily check in. I had no idea how much this place would change my life. I cannot believe that it's a year. A year in which I met HHM, a year in which I finally said no to the things I should have so many years ago. A year in which I made so many friendships. Including Cordnoy.
For all those that visit here and have not posted, my friend! Please post! It will be the first step into your new life! And then connect! Call HHM, DavidT, Cordnoy, there are many different people, each has his own style, the main thing is to connect to a safe guy who can help you get out, can direct you,  can listen to you, can hear your cry, can hold your hand and show you how to break free
My friends, thank you for being there for me and for having me as part of your family!

Re: It's all in the name 19 Jul 2023 12:48 #398970

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eerie, Eerie, Dabri Shir!
Encouragement and loving cheer,
A hand, a hug, a heart to touch -
Thank you, Tzadik, for so much.

Connection is the key to RISE,
There's no such tool as Guard Your Eyes.
You show us hope - how we can BE
Thank Hashem for YOU - Eerie!

A year ago a pathway shown
Mighty wings since then you've grown
Soaring higher, giving aid
Helping others find His shade.

בהתחדש לך, ידידי, לב טהור, זכית לקיים "וחטאים אליך ישובו"
לך בכחך זה, מחיל אל חיל, ויהי ה' עמך תמיד

ידידך המצפה
לחיים
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com
Last Edit: 19 Jul 2023 12:51 by chaimoigen.

Re: It's all in the name 19 Jul 2023 14:33 #398981

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
chaimoigen wrote on 19 Jul 2023 12:48:
Eerie, Eerie, Dabri Shir!
Encouragement and loving cheer,
A hand, a hug, a heart to touch -
Thank you, Tzadik, for so much.

Connection is the key to RISE,
There's no such tool as Guard Your Eyes.
You show us hope - how we can BE
Thank Hashem for YOU - Eerie!

A year ago a pathway shown
Mighty wings since then you've grown
Soaring higher, giving aid
Helping others find His shade.

בהתחדש לך, ידידי, לב טהור, זכית לקיים "וחטאים אליך ישובו"
לך בכחך זה, מחיל אל חיל, ויהי ה' עמך תמיד

ידידך המצפה
לחיים

Seriously you gotta start posting some mumbo jumbo . If every post you write has to be saved youre making way to much pressure on us .
 But I agree to the לחיים. Hiccup
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face
Last Edit: 19 Jul 2023 14:34 by redfaced.

Re: It's all in the name 23 Jul 2023 11:31 #399071

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Eerie!!! We love You!!!!!!!!
Nov was not only the start of YOUR new life, But also the start of MY and many others new life!!!
Thanks Eerie for always giving me life, hope & strength.

Always thinking of you!
Your friend
True self.
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 23 Jul 2023 15:09 #399074

• monseyyid41
  • Current streak: 95 days
  • Expert Boarder
Hey Eerie, I've been really busy this past month and I haven't been on GYE much. Today I had a few minutes so I came on just to see what's doing and the first thing I bumped into was your poem from June 19.
WOW! How do I describe it? Beautiful? Touching? Meaningful? All of that sounds too trite to capture the essence of this poem. So I'll stop here and just tell you a few things: 1. Mazel Tov on this incredible milestone. 2. As others have mentioned, we're so happy you hit the submit button. It's all of us here who have gained so much from you this past year. 3. Keep on inspiring yourself and us. (And Keep on Trucking!).
My thread: Forum (guardyoureyes.com)
We are not all in the same boat, but we are all in the same lake. And when one boat is in trouble, the other boats in the lake can quickly come to his aid. Feel free to reach out to me to give some chizuk or to receive some. monseyyid41@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 25 Jul 2023 04:40 #399150

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi dear friends, friends who mean so much to me. There are a few things I wanted to share, but for now I'll just say one. I had the opportunity to shmooze with Heeling, and I was so blown away by his selflessness, by his putting his own needs and desires behind his wife's. I must say, he taught me so much. In every single day that we interact with our wives, I'm sure that there wants and plans and desires and schedules, and how often do I REALLY think to myself "my wife's need/desire/want/event etc is just as important as mine, and I should work on respecting her to the point that I should be mevater. I'm sorry to say that I'm not proud of my answer. But Heeling inspired me by sharing some of his story, and I began working on it. I have a long way to come, so I hope G-d will grant me many more years so I can get to the finish line before I go
Takeaway: Respect your wife's desires! For real, they are just as important as yours, and your job is to be mevater
Takeaway # 2: there is so much to learn from every person here. And I second HHM's nomination...
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes