Welcome, Guest

My Story, Being Honest For Once
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: My Story, Being Honest For Once 23725 Views

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 03 Oct 2023 16:54 #401828

• cordnoy
ilovehashem247 wrote on 03 Oct 2023 16:41:
Hopeful yet hopeless
feeling resentful to the program
yet I know that’s my road to sanity

maybe what I don’t like is myself 

want to pray but my heart feels blocked 

I only see starters and old timers 

The first part of your post is a common theme amongst many folks who have frequented this site.

There are several old timer's here - true.
there are many starters here as well.
However, there is a ton of fellows in-between as well - in fact, the overwhelmin' majority.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 03 Oct 2023 16:55 #401830

• bright
  • Current streak: 74 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Im in betweener:)
Nothing good grows in the dark. 

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 04 Oct 2023 02:56 #401855

Bright, I hear you but it’s still difficult because I feel directionless….

i went looking for trouble today. And I found it. 

had a fall later that day. 

יגעתי ומצאתי

Hi, my name is ILH and I’m a Sexaholic. Easy does it... I don't need to be perfect. 
If you figured out my identity, don't be shy, come say hi! 
It takes tons of courage to fight the good fight, but we don't have to do it all alone. 
My Story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/385922-My-Story-Being-Honest-For-Once

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 04 Oct 2023 02:58 #401856

cordnoy wrote on 03 Oct 2023 16:54:

ilovehashem247 wrote on 03 Oct 2023 16:41:
Hopeful yet hopeless
feeling resentful to the program
yet I know that’s my road to sanity

maybe what I don’t like is myself 

want to pray but my heart feels blocked 

I only see starters and old timers 

The first part of your post is a common theme amongst many folks who have frequented this site.

There are several old timer's here - true.
there are many starters here as well.
However, there is a ton of fellows in-between as well - in fact, the overwhelmin' majority.

black and white is easy to see, but the greys are hard to recognize and the change happens gradually so it’s difficult to catch it in action. 
Hi, my name is ILH and I’m a Sexaholic. Easy does it... I don't need to be perfect. 
It takes tons of courage to fight the good fight, but we don't have to do it all alone. 
My Story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/385922-My-Story-Being-Honest-For-Once

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 04 Oct 2023 03:00 #401857

• foolie
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes if you go looking for trouble you will find it, or it will find you, however the true measure of growth is how you respond in the aftermath of getting into trouble and I believe your response will show you, how much you have grown since the last time you went looking for trouble
I will give battle Sir- General George Meade (Army of the Potomac)
Nuts!- General Anthony McAuliffe (101st Airborne)
Lets Get Dangerous! - Darkwing Duck
You’ll need to raise the ante and negotiate- Rechnitzer Rejects
I'm fresh out of essential truths- Spock
Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person - David Rossi
Last Edit: 04 Oct 2023 07:05 by foolie.

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 04 Oct 2023 06:00 #401865

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
ilovehashem247 wrote on 04 Oct 2023 02:56:

יגעתי ומצאתי

You’re in Nauru ??

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 04 Oct 2023 13:20 #401871

Micronesia

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 04 Oct 2023 14:50 #401874

• willdoit
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder

יגעתי ומצאתי

@Trouble, ur being called!

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 04 Oct 2023 15:29 #401876

• bright
  • Platinum Boarder

Can you elaborate?

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 04 Oct 2023 22:02 #401890

bright wrote on 04 Oct 2023 15:29:

Can you elaborate?

Sure! Here is an eloquent description of how I feel: 

I feel like I am putting in my effort into different things and I still feel the same way as I did before. I get an occasional reprieve of anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks but I still feel like crap. I’m not at peace with myself. Something throws me off my path and it takes a long time to recover. I feel hopeless. I feel like giving up but I know that I cannot give up because I know how I t looks like when I gave up. It’s horrible.

I’m trying.

i don’t know if I’m trying.

Maybe I’m just trying to get the results to fast

I’m not happy. I’m not com do not feel like I am OK 

I have this whole support network, and I still don’t know what my questions are in order to get the answers that I’m looking for

i played with my kids today for about thirty min in the playroom. First time doing this without drugs in a long time. Was uncomfortable being on without the added edge of a joint or drink

wtf is wrong with me that I can’t enjoy playing with my little children???

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 04 Oct 2023 22:10 #401892

• bright
  • Platinum Boarder
ilovehashem247 wrote on 04 Oct 2023 22:02:

bright wrote on 04 Oct 2023 15:29:

Can you elaborate?

Sure! Here is an eloquent description of how I feel: 

I feel like I am putting in my effort into different things and I still feel the same way as I did before. I get an occasional reprieve of anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks but I still feel like crap. I’m not at peace with myself. Something throws me off my path and it takes a long time to recover. I feel hopeless. I feel like giving up but I know that I cannot give up because I know how I t looks like when I gave up. It’s horrible.

I’m trying.

i don’t know if I’m trying.

Maybe I’m just trying to get the results to fast

I’m not happy. I’m not com do not feel like I am OK 

I have this whole support network, and I still don’t know what my questions are in order to get the answers that I’m looking for

i played with my kids today for about thirty min in the playroom. First time doing this without drugs in a long time. Was uncomfortable being on without the added edge of a joint or drink

wtf is wrong with me that I can’t enjoy playing with my little children???

Wow, really tough really feel for you! Its so amazing how hard your trying and there are fireworks going off in the upper worlds even though you dont feel them! I hate playing with my kids for more than 5 minutes so maybe we should split a babysitter:) I have had similiar bouts of melancholy, though not to the degree you are saying. What has kept me going are my friends here and focusing on the positive things in life and in my work on myself here and working on my bitachon. I dont really know what causes them, presumably part of me is not happy with where im at....
Last Edit: 04 Oct 2023 22:11 by bright.

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 04 Oct 2023 22:50 #401895

• Dov
  • Administrator
You wrote:
"I feel like giving up but I know that I cannot give up because I know how I t looks like when I gave up. It’s horrible.I’m trying.i don’t know if I’m trying.Maybe I’m just trying to get the results to fastI’m not happy. I’m not com do not feel like I am OK"

Well,all that sounds very uncomfortable. Confusion is probably one of the most uncomfortable feelings I've sat in. So in the interest of reducing confusion:

"When I give up, etc..." 
Give up what, please? 
" I'm trying/I don't know if I'm trying."
Trying what, please?

Thank you
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 04 Oct 2023 23:21 #401901

Dov wrote on 04 Oct 2023 22:50:
"Dov" post=401895 date=1696459836 catid=19

You wrote:
"I feel like giving up but I know that I cannot give up because I know how I t looks like when I gave up. It’s horrible.I’m trying.i don’t know if I’m trying.Maybe I’m just trying to get the results to fastI’m not happy. I’m not com do not feel like I am OK"

Well,all that sounds very uncomfortable. Confusion is probably one of the most uncomfortable feelings I've sat in. So in the interest of reducing confusion:

"When I give up, etc..." 
Give up what, please? 

When I give up on making an effort to be present and sober and not drown out my feelings with indulgences in sex, drugs, alcohol, or high risk activities.

" I'm trying/I don't know if I'm trying."
Trying what, please?

Trying = making my best effort on not giving up in the above and doing what is incumbent upon me to do according to my AA sponsor and therapist and wife. 

Thank you

You’re welcome

(in the mood I’m in, I’d rather write F you, just bc I am pissed off) 

take no offense but I have a serious case of the f-its 

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 04 Oct 2023 23:43 #401902

• ainshumyeiush
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
I want to say something, but i dont have anything good to say. But i definitely feel for you.
and the fact that you're here and fighting off all these demons from all these different angles is an inspiration 
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

Curiosity kills the count

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/401159-This-time-for-real?limit=15&start=15#401727

feel free to get in touch
ainshumyeiush@gmail.com 
7327021556 (google voice)

Re: My Story, Being Honest For Once 04 Oct 2023 23:46 #401903

ainshumyeiush wrote on 04 Oct 2023 23:43:
I want to say something, but i dont have anything good to say. But i definitely feel for you.
and the fact that you're here and fighting off all these demons from all these different angles is an inspiration 

Well you already started so you might as well finish
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes