Welcome, Guest

TAKING OFF MY MASK
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: TAKING OFF MY MASK 9392 Views

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 05 Jul 2022 00:24 #382842

• no mask
  • Current streak: 605 days
  • Gold Boarder

DAY 9#.  Friday July 1st
B''H  GOOD [a little slippery]

DAY 10#.  שבת קודש July 2
B''H  GOOD

DAY 11#. Sunday July 3
B''H  GOOD

DAY 12#.  Monday July 4
B''H  GOOD [a little slippery]

I didn’t fall back, and I have to give myself credit I had a lot of opportunities for a lot of stuff, I travel and pass by some places that are lust interest, but I never stopped, and I even looked away when I was in the street etc. but it still wasn’t lust free. A glimpse her and there, and to much interest in it.

I think I need to start posting again every day how my day was.

And to be mindful that I’m not really interested in that its just a snake inside me, it’s like its itching

And if anyone wants to join me it would be much appreciated.

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 05 Jul 2022 18:40 #382877

• chancy
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Have you ever read a good book on ACT? They have this concept of acceptence and making space for a unwanted thought in your mind. 
It helped me alot when there is an urge on the street and even if im able to avoid directly gazing at anyone, i know that everything i do happen to see will bother me tremendously, i practice that for a min. 
It goes something like this!
1. Scan yourself from head to toe and feel any sensations you might feel. 
2. Now, think of the idea of lust, nothing specific, only the idea that you know that there is something in your brain that wants it, you can imagine it as an animal, ( I imagine a pig, as i grew up around them and i can vividly imagine one) and you see that this animal only wants lust, doesnt care for anything else, and you are really bigger and you are disgusted by that animal, but hes still there, cant get rid of it. 
3. So now, you feel where in your body do you feel the lust, (I mean someone in the heart, throat, chest, etc, not the p***s, that's just a physical reaction, not the source) lets say, you feel it in your chest as a burning sensation.
4. Start breathing deeply and be aware that the sensations is still there and that you cant get rid of it even if you want, and start making place for it, you can say "I know clearly that i dont want this feeling and i would rather not have it, but its here now, and i will make place for it so that it stops bothering me so much"
5. If you do this correctly, you will be able to be fully mindfull and aware that your lust is not you but its there anyway. But the most important thing is that it wont bother you so much now that you stopped fighting it so much. 

I hope you understood what i write and that i works for you. I think you should really get a good book on ACT. 

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 05 Jul 2022 20:16 #382883

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder
chancy wrote on 05 Jul 2022 18:40:
Have you ever read a good book on ACT? They have this concept of acceptence and making space for a unwanted thought in your mind. 
It helped me alot when there is an urge on the street and even if im able to avoid directly gazing at anyone, i know that everything i do happen to see will bother me tremendously, i practice that for a min. 
It goes something like this!
1. Scan yourself from head to toe and feel any sensations you might feel. 
2. Now, think of the idea of lust, nothing specific, only the idea that you know that there is something in your brain that wants it, you can imagine it as an animal, ( I imagine a pig, as i grew up around them and i can vividly imagine one) and you see that this animal only wants lust, doesnt care for anything else, and you are really bigger and you are disgusted by that animal, but hes still there, cant get rid of it. 
3. So now, you feel where in your body do you feel the lust, (I mean someone in the heart, throat, chest, etc, not the p***s, that's just a physical reaction, not the source) lets say, you feel it in your chest as a burning sensation.
4. Start breathing deeply and be aware that the sensations is still there and that you cant get rid of it even if you want, and start making place for it, you can say "I know clearly that i dont want this feeling and i would rather not have it, but its here now, and i will make place for it so that it stops bothering me so much"
5. If you do this correctly, you will be able to be fully mindfull and aware that your lust is not you but its there anyway. But the most important thing is that it wont bother you so much now that you stopped fighting it so much. 

I hope you understood what i write and that i works for you. I think you should really get a good book on ACT. 

Thank you so much

Beautifully written and articulated

It sounds like the perfect thing I need.

all the best !!

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 06 Jul 2022 03:44 #382915

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder

DAY 1#.  Tuesday July 5
B''H VERY GOOD

(Day 27)

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 07 Jul 2022 03:25 #382998

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder

DAY 2#.  Wednesday July 6 B''H VERY GOOD (small v)

(Day 28)

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 08 Jul 2022 18:29 #383100

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder

DAY 3#.  Thursday July 7
B''H VERY GOOD

(Day 29)

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 10 Jul 2022 04:54 #383116

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder

DAY 4#.  Friday July 8
B''H VERY GOOD

(Day 30)

Last Edit: 10 Jul 2022 04:55 by no mask.

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 10 Jul 2022 04:56 #383117

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder

DAY 5#.  שבת קודש July 9
B''H VERY GOOD

(Day 31)

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 10 Jul 2022 05:00 #383118

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder
I wanna do another week of guarding my eyes, starting today Sunday July 10 

If anyone wants to join me it would be much appreciated

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 10 Jul 2022 19:43 #383138

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 333 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Please count me in!

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 10 Jul 2022 20:48 #383144

• steveblum
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Junior Boarder
Im in !! In the summer months the struggle is way way harder! Let's stay strong 

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 11 Jul 2022 05:01 #383177

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder

DAY 1#.  Sunday July 10
B''H VERY GOOD

(Day 32)

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 12 Jul 2022 03:58 #383222

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder

DAY 2#.  Monday July 11
B''H VERY GOOD

(Day 33)

Last Edit: 13 Jul 2022 03:59 by no mask.

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 13 Jul 2022 03:58 #383300

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder

DAY 3#.  Tuesday July 12
B''H VERY GOOD

(Day 34)

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 14 Jul 2022 03:42 #383350

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder

DAY 4#.  Wednesday July 13