Welcome, Guest

TAKING OFF MY MASK
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: TAKING OFF MY MASK 9395 Views

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 17 Jun 2022 21:33 #382084

• no mask
  • Current streak: 605 days
  • Gold Boarder

Today I was doing some shopping and I didn’t wanna go to the big supermarket etc. because I didn’t feel strong enough not to look around.

And the yetzer horah started having fun with me, and he told me, that means you  didn’t watch your eyes because you can’t watch them, you are just not going there.

And I started thinking if I would need to be exposed to peritzus you wouldn’t be strong enough.

So I wanna know is that true.

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 17 Jun 2022 21:37 #382085

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder
No Mask wrote on 05 Oct 2021 15:14:
My partner texted me a few days ago, that he feels that he didn’t get anywhere because for a few moths he was in a quiet place no major triggering situations, but bein Hazmanim he came to the city and he is going crazy from all the women dressed etc.

One thing is for sure that this is a gimmick of the Yetzer Horah for a lot of reasons which I’m not going to elaborate now.

But the real truth is, that if when he wasn’t faced with all the triggering situations, he didn’t want go to P&M, he didn’t want go to places where you could see women etc. he didn’t want to go on the internet, and he was ok with that, then he is a much better place, because we all know that when we are in a not good place, we dream about being able to have a peek, a touch etc. and having the mind that it is ok without it is major.

Why am I writing this, because we very often feel that avoiding not good situations means that we really didn’t get anywhere, and we get all down about it, and that’s a complete lie.

Of course we need to work on ourselves to be able to live in this world that when we need to go somewhere triggering we should be able to withstand not to do and look, but nothing wrong to make yourself Gedorim where you go or you don’t, that you shouldn’t get triggered. And not only nothing wrong, just this is the its has to be, everyone knows the Gemarah if someone goes on a road that women are not dressed modest, then he is considered a Rasha even if he didn’t look, so it looks like this the way, don’t go if you don’t need to, and when you need to be mindful BEFORE you go.

Wishing everyone success and happiness

I reminded myself that I wrote about this before,

But I guess it’s  easier to write for others

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 17 Jun 2022 21:49 #382086

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder
No Mask wrote on 17 Jun 2022 21:33:

Today I was doing some shopping and I didn’t wanna go to the big supermarket etc. because I didn’t feel strong enough not to look around.

And the yetzer horah started having fun with me, and he told me, that means you  didn’t watch your eyes because you can’t watch them, you are just not going there.

And I started thinking if I would need to be exposed to peritzus you wouldn’t be strong enough.

Really it makes no difference, because I know that it’s not the positive side of me saying it, so just don’t listen,

How do I know, maybe it’s EMES talking, my measure is, is this sentence helping me, I know its EMES talking, if its making me down its not the truth talking, it’s the yetzer horah.

Today when I’m gonna go to shul and I’m not going to get the respected seat, this voice is not gonna say, well you really can’t watch you eyes, so this the way you should get treated. That is voice is gonna say why did they give you this seat, you deserve better than that,

Just venting my thoughts

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 17 Jun 2022 21:56 #382087

No Mask wrote on 17 Jun 2022 21:33:

There's a story that someone (Dubno Maggid?) once told the Gr"a that it's no "kuntz" that he has Shmiras Einayim, because he's locked in a room, learning, all day. So the Gaon replied "I'm not looking to make Kuntzen, just to watch my eyes".
Epes azoi. (There are many versions to this story, #iknow)

In our case, of course we ultimately want to grow and become strong enough to overcome every test. But the fact the you decided to go to the smaller grocery instead of the minefield that's called "supermarket" (shudder), that itself shows your mindfulness and growth.

Don't put yourself into a bigger Nisayon just to test your progress.
You're a good man!
We get only one chance at life.
This is not a rehearsal; it's the real thing.

Father, help me live sober Today.

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 18 Jun 2022 23:09 #382092

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 333 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Now that you mentioned the Dubno Magid, i heard that he talks about this, look in Parshas Chukas near the beginning, by adam ki yamus baohel.

He discusses running away from the yetzer hara, or facing it. With a mashol of going on a diet from meat.

Check it out. Very helpful and relevant to the issues here in GYE...

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 18 Jun 2022 23:11 #382093

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 333 days
  • Platinum Boarder
But we do daven to Hashem to not give challenges, ולא לידי נסיון...

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 19 Jun 2022 04:36 #382100

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder
DAY 11# Friday. June 17
B''H VERY GOOD (a small v)

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 19 Jun 2022 04:38 #382101

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder
DAY 12# שבת קודש. June 17
B''H VERY GOOD (מעין עולם הבא)

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 20 Jun 2022 04:26 #382155

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder

DAY 13# Sunday. June 19
B''H VERY GOOD

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 20 Jun 2022 19:36 #382178

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder

I want to do another week of שבעה נקיים

Thanks to everyone who joined me until now

DOES ANYONE WANT TO JOIN ME FOR 1 WEEK KEEPING OUR EYES CLEAN
​starting tomorrow Tuesday June 21

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 21 Jun 2022 00:14 #382186

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder
No Mask wrote on 20 Jun 2022 19:36:

I want to do another week of שבעה נקיים

Thanks to everyone who joined me until now

DOES ANYONE WANT TO JOIN ME FOR 1 WEEK KEEPING OUR EYES CLEAN
​starting tomorrow Tuesday June 21

Our wives count שבעה נקיים and pure themselves before they are together us, how about we do it once for them

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 21 Jun 2022 03:57 #382192

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder

DAY 14# Monday. June 20
B''H VERY GOOD

With graduate to הקב''ה for enabling me to finish two weeks of having pure eyes, I would like to invite you all to the L’chaim I’m making today.

[Send me the bill of the whiskey]

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 22 Jun 2022 05:37 #382250

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder

DAY 1#. Tuesday June 21
B''H VERY GOOD

היום יום אחד לנקיים

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 23 Jun 2022 03:55 #382304

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder