Welcome, Guest

TAKING OFF MY MASK
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: TAKING OFF MY MASK 9396 Views

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 19 Dec 2022 06:21 #389663

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Or make it something like gehenomis@hotmail.com

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 19 Dec 2022 19:12 #389691

• chancy
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You are a comedic genius.... 
That is goooooood....

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 19 Dec 2022 19:41 #389697

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Does it have to be so firey? Or can it be something like shmerelhatzaddik@gmial.com, or kedushasatzmi@gmail.com
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 19 Dec 2022 19:55 #389698

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear no mask!
I owe you everything you were the first guy to send me a nice pm when I first came in to gye and I felt so good I wonder if you remember but I sure do! Thx and the zichus is all yours!! Hatzlachsh on the f2f program!
Guys the only way were really gonna get help is with H’s help so we gotta beg him for help and he sure will help us cause he wants us helped!!
CRY TO HIM!!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/2-What-Works-for-Me/387630-Powerful!#387630

Feel free to pm me!

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 19 Dec 2022 21:03 #389700

• no mask
  • Current streak: 605 days
  • Gold Boarder
Geshmak! wrote on 19 Dec 2022 19:55:
Dear no mask!
I owe you everything you were the first guy to send me a nice pm when I first came in to gye and I felt so good I wonder if you remember but I sure do! Thx and the zichus is all yours!! Hatzlachsh on the f2f program!

Thank you so much for your kind words.
א גוט ווארט is always welcome
But specially today.

You should continue to be matzlich and go higher and higher.

No Mask
Last Edit: 19 Dec 2022 21:04 by no mask.

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 10 Feb 2023 06:17 #391861

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder

Refresher

I wanna practice a week of being mindful about my lust, and feeling it EXECTLY what it is, and not running away from it.

But in the same time not to act on it.

Meaning feeling and urge and lusty should not = looking

It should = I’m having an urge

[If this talks to you, please join me]

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 10 Feb 2023 06:23 #391862

• no mask
  • Gold Boarder
copying a post from @chancy [you didn't write that it is ©]

1. You enjoy the feeling of desire and lust- its a fact that you cannot and will not change. 
2. You are normal and not sick, this has been the human condition forever! 
3. You do not want to use that desire in a bad way, obviously or you wouldnt be here on GYE..... so you know what you dont want.
4. You can understand where the feeling of desire comes from and you are ok with the fact that its there, since you cant fight it anyway, just make place for it. so you are not in a fight with the actual desire anymore, that would be like fighting with your left hand because you want 2 right hands..... its there, just accpet that fact. 
5. Now you can decide what to do when you see something that arouses you. You can think, i know i have desire and i understand it and i cant fight it, however, i dont want the desire to carry me away and then i will do something stupid that i will regret, and therefore, i am moving on from the desire and not continuing to pour oil on it.

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 10 Feb 2023 07:43 #391866

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I also copied it, and put in a file in my computer. ברוך שכוונתי
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 10 Feb 2023 13:47 #391879

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
No Mask wrote on 10 Feb 2023 06:23:
copying a post from @chancy [you didn't write that it is ©]

1. You enjoy the feeling of desire and lust- its a fact that you cannot and will not change. 
2. You are normal and not sick, this has been the human condition forever! 
3. You do not want to use that desire in a bad way, obviously or you wouldnt be here on GYE..... so you know what you dont want.
4. You can understand where the feeling of desire comes from and you are ok with the fact that its there, since you cant fight it anyway, just make place for it. so you are not in a fight with the actual desire anymore, that would be like fighting with your left hand because you want 2 right hands..... its there, just accpet that fact. 
5. Now you can decide what to do when you see something that arouses you. You can think, i know i have desire and i understand it and i cant fight it, however, i dont want the desire to carry me away and then i will do something stupid that i will regret, and therefore, i am moving on from the desire and not continuing to pour oil on it.

There should be a section for "GYE TOP POSTS" ...
This is definitely one of them... 

Thank you @chancy 
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 13 Feb 2023 16:44 #392017

• chancy
  • Platinum Boarder
If anyone is interested in learning more about this, you can research ACT therapies. Or go thru the F2F program on GYE where i found out for the first time about ACT. 
It was a complete game changer for me in this area.

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 13 Feb 2023 22:38 #392035

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
Can you please share some info about ACT ?
Thank you
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 14 Feb 2023 15:51 #392065

• chancy
  • Platinum Boarder
It stand for Acceptance Commitment THerapy. Look it up online. 
I got the original info from the F2F program they took a lot of stuff from therapy. 

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 14 Feb 2023 18:00 #392072

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder
chancy wrote on 14 Feb 2023 15:51:
they took a lot of stuff from therapy. 

Me too.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Off the forum for now.
My Thread (Not for inspiration, but for random bits and pieces of my journey, as well as the inspiring responses of others: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/375514-Enough-is-Enough
jackthejewgye@gmail.com
There are tips, tools, and techniques, but there are no shortcuts.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet! ~ Groucho Marx
Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.-Voltaire
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.- Abraham Lincoln
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.- Yogi Berra
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." ~ Calvin

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 14 Feb 2023 18:09 #392074

• chancy
  • Platinum Boarder
Good One,
Reminds me of the joke "a Romanian and Hungarian Jews went into a nice hotel one night, they went to their rooms to refresh, they met an hour latter, so the Hungarian asks the Romanian " Did you take a bath yet?" So the Romanian answers "No, not yet, its way too heavy, i took a few towels though"..... 
Nobody gets that joke anymore because there is no one around that remembers that Romanians were supposed to be thieves...... 

Re: TAKING OFF MY MASK 14 Feb 2023 18:45 #392077

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder
chancy wrote on 14 Feb 2023 18:09:
Good One,
Reminds me of the joke "a Romanian and Hungarian Jews went into a nice hotel one night, they went to their rooms to refresh, they met an hour latter, so the Hungarian asks the Romanian " Did you take a bath yet?" So the Romanian answers "No, not yet, its way too heavy, i took a few towels though"..... 
Nobody gets that joke anymore because there is no one around that remembers that Romanians were supposed to be thieves...... 

Reb Shloime Hadarshan used to say that of the 10 Chalokim of Geneivah that came down to Earth, the Romanians got 9, and the tenth, they stole.
Off the forum for now.
My Thread (Not for inspiration, but for random bits and pieces of my journey, as well as the inspiring responses of others: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/375514-Enough-is-Enough
jackthejewgye@gmail.com
There are tips, tools, and techniques, but there are no shortcuts.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet! ~ Groucho Marx
Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.-Voltaire
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.- Abraham Lincoln
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.- Yogi Berra
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." ~ Calvin
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes