Welcome, Guest

starting my recovery
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: starting my recovery 1575 Views

starting my recovery 29 Nov 2018 00:01 #337586

• shower640am
  • Current streak: 8 days
  • Junior Boarder
Hi everyone,
I'm a 21 year old Bochur, and I was thinking that if I want to get married within the next 2 years I better get help fast. I tried stopping myself who knows hpow many times, and obviously it never worked.  So a friend of mine referred me to this site about 16 months ago. So I came to this site for the first first time about 16 months ago but i didn't really know how to use the site, I never visited the forum etc.. So right in the beginning i was clean for 20 days but I was never able to catch that form again. So a few months later i stopped visiting the site. Until a few days ago I decided to check out the site again and i ended up speaking to someone that works for the site and he told me how to actually use it, so here i am. Any tips? Looking forward to a healthy recovery be"h.

Re: starting my recovery 29 Nov 2018 01:51 #337590

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome, your in the right place to get lots of good ideas and tips. Just remember like anything else, we all here share what works and doesn't work for us. You have to test on your own what works for you.

On that note, I'd like some tips on getting up early so I can have a shower at 6:40 am.

Hatzlacha

P.s if your able to be a little more specific with your struggles and triggers ppl here may be able to help you a little better...
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: starting my recovery 29 Nov 2018 05:59 #337596

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome. It should be with hatzlocha. Keep posting - stay connected. It works very well for many of us.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: starting my recovery 30 Nov 2018 00:18 #337614

• shower640am
  • Current streak: 8 days
  • Junior Boarder
 First of all, thank you for your support. So about your first question, I have a job B"H in a Yeshiva. So I go to sleep earlier because I have to be up early and I enjoy it. And I take care of my Taavos earlier ((not recommended) 2 days clean). Once you get into the cycle it's easier.

About the second question, obviously, if I see certain things. But mainly I'll just be sitting on the computer by nighttime and the thought comes up or I'll be reading something dirty etc.. From the time I see real women to when I watch is a few hours usually. Pretty regular I think, No?

Re: starting my recovery 17 Dec 2018 16:41 #337873

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Welcome!  Keep posting.   Check out the handbook.  It has lots of tips.  But the main this is to NEVER EVER GIVE UP.  Stay out of isolation.  Have friends.  Have someone to talk to.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes