Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: New to GYE 734 Views

New to GYE 21 Aug 2018 23:02 #334886

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this website/forum. I've never reached out for help like this before...This habit basically dominates my life when I'm in the midst of it. I realize I do it to not feel the painful feelings I carry around due to family issues growing up. I more or less have been doing this since I was a young child and then when the internet became accessible and what it is today, I became hooked. I suffer from anxiety and depression and this is definitely a coping mechanism and takes my mind away from everything. It's difficult for me to stop. I've basically gone a week without it but it was so difficult. I don't know what to do with myself when I'm not engaged in this activity. I pretty much don't know how to fill my time with other things or stay away from this. Anyways, that's about it for me. I'm here looking for support so I can make it through this journey and hopefully discover more of myself, and grow. 

Thanks, 

Spike

Re: New to GYE 21 Aug 2018 23:42 #334887

• cordnoy
  • Current streak: 211 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm sailin', for I've got to be free
Welcome,

Read the handbook, peruse the forums, see the tools, chat with the oilam; decide what might work for you.

Keep us posted,

Godspeed to you!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads:
GYE Handbook | Gibbor's Insights | GYE FAQ - Thanks Skep and DMS123456789 White Book | Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous)

If one gives up at the first sign of a struggle, he is really not ready to be successful."
"Tryin' and doin' are two different thin's - tryin' is hopin'; doin' is succeedin'.
"The right thin' to do and the hard thin' to do are usually the same."

Disclaimer: I am not a cheerleader; B"H, there are many on the site. I am here to change myself, and with God's help, by some mistake, I might even help change others.

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: New to GYE 22 Aug 2018 00:31 #334891

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 1037 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You can get better iyh. What you describe is exactly what I went through. Stay connected. Keep posting and read people's advise. Realize you are a good person who is struggling with an issue that many good people struggle with.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes