Welcome, Guest

A struggling bochur
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: A struggling bochur 96465 Views

Re: A struggling bochur 06 Jul 2018 17:46 #333047

Thanks so much for that! Really inspiring to hear that! Also I wanted to mention that before I started the 90 day challenge whenever I saw a woman, only one thing popped into my mind which was driving me crazy, now after joining the 90 day challenge I don't have that problem as much. If I happen to see a woman in my mind I think to myself that  I just need to look away and that's it. Although sometimes these thoughts do come into my mind, it's much less.
Joined as a single bochur, Bh broke free (but still on watch) by using the tools on this website, therapy but mainly through getting married. 

הנותן עיניו במה שאינו שלו, מה שמבקש לא נותנים לו, ומה שבידו נוטלים ממנה

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 06 Jul 2018 17:53 #333048

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2845 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You are BH doing great. Keep it up. You have proven to yourself that it can be done. Be aware that the yetzer hora does not sleep and tries to get back his old customers. He will throw in your path a tsunami of nisyonos as you b'ezras Hashem break free. Staying connected with chevra here - who have "been there and done that" - is immensely helpful. Every time a new challenge arises that you feel is insurmountable, just reach out to the oilam for advice, chizuk, and simply to unload without shame or embarrassment. Continued hatzlocha! 
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: A struggling bochur 09 Jul 2018 15:08 #333121

• Sammy12345
  • Fresh Boarder
I need help I just fell unfortunately 

Re: A struggling bochur 09 Jul 2018 19:36 #333136

Sorry to hear, reach out to me on shnitzelandkugel@gmail.com
Joined as a single bochur, Bh broke free (but still on watch) by using the tools on this website, therapy but mainly through getting married. 

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 10 Jul 2018 13:14 #333190

So bh I'm really excited to say that I've reached 30 days of being clean today! LoiLook back, don't think I imagined I'll reach this number but bh I did thru odaat. 

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and comments which really helped!
Iyh all the way to 90!!

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 10 Jul 2018 21:20 #333214

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel tov! Keep it up. You are an inspiration for so many others who think it is not possible. In their book there are 2 groups - masturbators and liars (who really do it too....) That's because they simply don't believe it's possible.  You also offer help for others. Ashreichem!

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: A struggling bochur 11 Jul 2018 18:55 #333248

One of the fundamentals of recovery is self honesty. I really don't see any point in tricking the whole world by saying I'm clean when it's not the case. It's just going to backfire for the recovery. I honestly also find that in general I'm much more honest and truthful since I joined gye and started recovery. Bh another full day went by without my giving in.

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 11 Jul 2018 21:36 #333262

Wow unbelievable 
30 day hashem should help till the 120 gringerhiet cleanerhiet gezinterheit 
and you should find you basherta zivug bkurev  

Re: A struggling bochur 20 Jul 2018 06:26 #333634

Thanks פרובירט
Bh I can say fbat I've reached 40 days today!! Shabbat shalom to all

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 20 Jul 2018 16:10 #333671

• MottehPoisansky
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Senior Boarder
Continued Hatzlacha!

Re: A struggling bochur 25 Jul 2018 03:37 #333858

Congrats to my נפש האלוקית! He managed to fight my יצה"ר and to stay clean for 45 days bh! Half way there bh! May this be an inspiration for everyone, especially the bochurim which are in the same boat as me! Its definitely possible, if there's a will there's a way!

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 25 Jul 2018 17:59 #333898

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel tov! Keep inspiring the whole chevra! You have shown it can be done.

Re: A struggling bochur 30 Jul 2018 04:41 #334080

Bh just reached 50 days clean! Odaat! Thanks to all for their support!

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 30 Jul 2018 07:10 #334084

• joyoflife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Senior Boarder
Amazing! Looks like the entire gye is rooting for you

Re: A struggling bochur 03 Aug 2018 05:39 #334248

54 days bh!
good Shabbos to all,

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes