Welcome, Guest

just trying to do the right thing
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: just trying to do the right thing 49426 Views

Re: just trying to do the right thing 14 Jan 2018 05:41 #325430

@hashemhelpme Thanks a lot for your constant chizuk on the site as well as off the site. 

btw i actually just started a few weeks ago working on getting my B.A and I'm concentrating on phsycology so.......
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Important quote from Cordnoy
"The need is a perceived one. There has not been one reported case on these pages of a death occurrin' on account of not fulfillin' that need

“I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.” 

"My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life doesn’t have to come last."

Feel free to reach out yd@guardyoureyes.org
732-646-5774

My Story

Yankel's Daily Inspirational Quotes

Re: just trying to do the right thing 14 Jan 2018 11:20 #325443

• tzomah
  • Gold Boarder
i relate to much of your story 
you are a real chizuk and your positivity is contagious

like a bridge over troubled waters

my stuff

Re: just trying to do the right thing 15 Jan 2018 02:36 #325506

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow amazing work i cant even begin to imagine the hell you went through... - thank G-D your here with this truly awesome crew, keep up your momentum were all rooting for you !

Re: just trying to do the right thing 16 Jan 2018 16:14 #325573

• youcan
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Expert Boarder
I'm not sure that #2 is so healthy, please discuss with your therapist.
i think #1 & 3 may be connected, again, discuss with your therapist.

(Disclaimer: I wrote this with the understanding that giving this s.c. advice you don't have to have a degree or a היתר הוראה, if you think otherwise please report to mod)

Re: just trying to do the right thing 16 Jan 2018 16:36 #325575

youcan wrote on 16 Jan 2018 16:14:
I'm not sure that #2 is so healthy, please discuss with your therapist.
i think #1 & 3 may be connected, again, discuss with your therapist.

(Disclaimer: I wrote this with the understanding that giving this s.c. advice you don't have to have a degree or a היתר הוראה, if you think otherwise please report to mod)

#1 and #3 sure are related which is one of the things i've been working on in therapy in regards to number 2 I don't think i have to go tell the entire world my problems (i've told my rabbeim by now) but there is no reason anybody else has to know about it besides my rabbeim and therapists! let me know why you think otherwise!
(BTW i saw you wrote "if you think otherwise please report to mod" i do think otherwise but mod doesn't have to know about our problems only us and our therapist )

Regards
Yankel!
"The need is a perceived one. There has not been one reported case on these pages of a death occurrin' on account of not fulfillin' that need

"My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life doesn’t have to come last."

732-646-5774

My Story

Re: just trying to do the right thing 16 Jan 2018 16:54 #325581

• youcan
  • Expert Boarder
I didn't mean to say that you should post your story on LinkedIn
what I meant is that sometimes the pressure of acting as if nothing is going on & playing the role of the most successful boy on the block while inside you feel just the opposite, can cause some serious long term damage. I'm not saying this is the case with you, but in case it is, I don't want it should happen to you.
(note: could be I'm thinking that way because I've seen this happening to somebody in the past)

Re: just trying to do the right thing 16 Jan 2018 17:23 #325586

@youcan could be i made it sound very much like i'm walking around as though i'm the big shot and most successful boy on the block. if that would be true then you will be very right. i'm walking around like a regular boy who nothing has happened to him, even though i've had plenty of challenges (you're right i stressed very much in some previous posts as though i'm extremely successful i was just trying to emphasis why my living a triple life was painful)

732-646-5774

My Story

Re: just trying to do the right thing 16 Jan 2018 21:06 #325597

• youcan
  • Expert Boarder
I'm very happy to hear. 
As long as you fool everybody around you & you don't feel stressed about it, keep it up! (Or make sure it should become the truth... )
I think we're all doing it in some way... I'm also doing it; outside I seem to be a happy person, I make people happy (some are even jealous..), but inside I'm so broken. But I don't feel it as a pressure, I think that this is part of my nature & I even enjoy it.

Re: just trying to do the right thing 16 Jan 2018 21:22 #325599

youcan wrote on 16 Jan 2018 21:06:
I'm very happy to hear. 
As long as you fool everybody around you & you don't feel stressed about it, keep it up! (Or make sure it should become the truth... )
I think we're all doing it in some way... I'm also doing it; outside I seem to be a happy person, I make people happy (some are even jealous..), but inside I'm so broken. But I don't feel it as a pressure, I think that this is part of my nature & I even enjoy it.

Very well put! it's funny how everyone is jealous of everyone else without knowing the truth about other peoples life! 

732-646-5774

My Story

Re: just trying to do the right thing 17 Jan 2018 08:10 #325609

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
iampowerless wrote on 16 Jan 2018 21:22:

youcan wrote on 16 Jan 2018 21:06:
I'm very happy to hear. 

Very well put! it's funny how everyone is jealous of everyone else without knowing the truth about other peoples life! 

Yeah, the isolation raises the jealousy, for me. I like to hypothesize that everyone else is always better than I am and is always successful. It's easy to sit in the corner and sulk. It's harder to actually uncover people's reality.
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: just trying to do the right thing 17 Jan 2018 20:10 #325625

• youcan
  • Expert Boarder
The thing is that we're picking out the good things from everyone and we make it as the package we want. What we miss to understand is that nobody has the full package... And everybody has part of it, including ourselves & other people are jealous on the good things we have...

Re: just trying to do the right thing 18 Jan 2018 15:08 #325656

Hi everyone here is an update today baruch hashem i reached day number #24 clean 
here are some things that have been helpful so far 1.filters 2. making connections and keeping in touch with my GYE buddies 3. therapy 4. concentrating on ODAAT 
BTW in honor of day # 24 i changed my Avatar!!!!

Getting Sober ODAAT 
Your friend Yankel!

732-646-5774

My Story

Re: just trying to do the right thing 23 Jan 2018 22:26 #325886

I'm sitting in my office pretty bored so i'm just going to post.....

I sadly share an office with 2 non jews and most of the conversation's they have always have to do with girls, their entire life revolves around one goal and one goal only, girls. in the beginning before i started my recovery hearing them talk was a real turn on, but now that i've baruch hashem been 29 days clean when i hear them speak i can't help but realize that even though they spend their entire lives discussing girls, every morning they still walk into work complaining about what stupidity they fought with their girlfriend last night about (one of them actually recently proposed to her girlfriend and since that day it's been nonstop fighting) and their girlfriends are just sex toys for them as opposed to a real relationship i realize how their entire relationship revolves around lust there is nothing there besides lust and as such they are never happy rather really depressed even though they have it all in regards to lust. and now when i hear them speak i turn to hashem and thank him from the bottom of my heart for helping me realize this real important lesson in life before it was too late!
Dear yetzer hara i know you are constantly trying to make me believe that if i give in to my desires it will be so pleasurable, if the pleasure is the pleasure that my 2 office buddies who give in to their desires all the time are having i could happily live without that! I don't need that in my life so thanks but no thanks......

Hashem i really love you 
 Yankel

732-646-5774

My Story

Re: just trying to do the right thing 24 Jan 2018 02:23 #325893

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2845 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Super post!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: just trying to do the right thing 24 Jan 2018 14:15 #325918

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
iampowerless wrote on 23 Jan 2018 22:26:
I'm sitting in my office pretty bored so i'm just going to post.....

I sadly share an office with 2 non jews and most of the conversation's they have always have to do with girls, their entire life revolves around one goal and one goal only, girls. in the beginning before i started my recovery hearing them talk was a real turn on, but now that i've baruch hashem been 29 days clean when i hear them speak i can't help but realize that even though they spend their entire lives discussing girls, every morning they still walk into work complaining about what stupidity they fought with their girlfriend last night about (one of them actually recently proposed to her girlfriend and since that day it's been nonstop fighting) and their girlfriends are just sex toys for them as opposed to a real relationship i realize how their entire relationship revolves around lust there is nothing there besides lust and as such they are never happy rather really depressed even though they have it all in regards to lust. and now when i hear them speak i turn to hashem and thank him from the bottom of my heart for helping me realize this real important lesson in life before it was too late!
Dear yetzer hara i know you are constantly trying to make me believe that if i give in to my desires it will be so pleasurable, if the pleasure is the pleasure that my 2 office buddies who give in to their desires all the time are having i could happily live without that! I don't need that in my life so thanks but no thanks......

Hashem i really love you 
 Yankel

Mazeltov!

I'd try refrain from generalizing about other people from what they say (especially if they're not talking to you). Maybe their lives aren't just about the lust? Do you know them well enough? Sorry I'm just bringing this up because I know the pattern - superiority leads to acting out for me. Not sure about others.
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes