Welcome, Guest

getting there after to many lost years
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: getting there after to many lost years 17910 Views

Re: getting there after to many lost years 22 May 2017 07:05 #313833

• getthere
  • Current streak: 978 days
  • Expert Boarder
B.H. doing good today on not watching movies and not being MZL, i am once again upto day 30, but this time with a stronger will of my own to make this work and not due to outside pressure. What i still find hard is Shmiras Enayim, sometimes i just feel like i am missing something if i dont look, allthough i feel much better when i don't look. At the end i all boils down to really wanting to - and this is my next step i have to work on.
I have to add though, even when looking most times its without sexual thought, or so i think - maybe i am still abit in fantasyworld
Last Edit: 22 May 2017 07:23 by getthere.

Re: getting there after to many lost years 24 May 2017 10:00 #314007

• getthere
  • Expert Boarder
Had some down days, where i just could not be bothered for Shmiras Enayim, but it did not feel good which made it even worse. TODAY i decided to ask God once again for help and decided to cut the day to 24 pieces or even smaller, and take one piece at the time. Until now it worked.
I also spoke recently to a real Life person which i know who also had this problem - felt really good about it.
So the concept for today is one step at the time - this i can do.

Re: getting there after to many lost years 24 May 2017 10:49 #314008

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
getthere wrote on 03 May 2017 09:54:
i feel like you tubing now, instead i went on the forum to read some stuff which keeps my mind off youtube.
Thank you GYE for being here for us.

"getthere" - It appears that when you fill your time with good positive things its of great value to you. It's an old mussar idea that when the cup is full nothing else goes in. 
What other topics catch your attention. Sports, hobbies, collections...
Obviously, Torah ideas that you may be interested in would be best.

Re: getting there after to many lost years 24 May 2017 12:01 #314014

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep up the great attitude. Its guys like you that truly "get there". Hatzlocha.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: getting there after to many lost years 24 May 2017 12:01 #314015

• getthere
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you for your reply
Torah does interest me alot, but i need to find another hobby that interest m, maybe ill start with an instrument.

Re: getting there after to many lost years 24 May 2017 14:22 #314025

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
new instrument? sure. 
However, may I suggest you keep some interests handy that are easy and simple so there is less of a reason to deter you from doing them.
Remember, the goal is not to lust but to be involved with this instead.
You don't want a lazy hurdle to stop you.

example: start a 5 minute seder just reviewing your favorite gemarah, mishnayos, chumash. it will clean up your mind a tad, give you great chizuk and since its a favorite of yours it won't be all that challenging. It may even lead you to learn more/deeper
​At the same time you are correct that a challenge like a new exercise  program or new instrument if you are really MOTIVATED would be awesome.

just my 2 cents

Re: getting there after to many lost years 24 May 2017 15:24 #314030

• getthere
  • Expert Boarder
for 2 cents i'll take some more ideas. Spent money for things worth less

Re: getting there after to many lost years 24 May 2017 22:53 #314073

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Money is the root of all evil!
Money buys girls, cars and weed.
Nothing good will come out of that.
Rather, give it to GYE.
Use the method listed # 1 on the tools.
Take an oath that you will not look at any uncovered skin.
If you do and you did not speak to Dov or read his Dov quotes or listen To Rabbi Sorotzkin (or his Rebbitzen) on what he/she says about "The times of 'hear no evil, see no evil,'" then you must give 250 lirot or whatever the hell coinage you are using in that country of yours directly to GYE.

Actually, give them your cc, and have them take monthly installments.

Maybe then, someone here will be cured.
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: getting there after to many lost years 25 May 2017 06:25 #314092

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
Trouble wrote on 24 May 2017 22:53:
Rather, give it to GYE.
If you do and you did not speak to Dov or read his Dov quotes or listen To Rabbi Sorotzkin (or his Rebbitzen) on what he/she says about "The times of 'hear no evil, see no evil,'" then you must give 250 lirot or whatever the hell coinage you are using in that country of yours directly to GYE.

I am going to wait for the new site to be finished.
They will need our donations much more!

Re: getting there after to many lost years 30 May 2017 09:30 #314479

• getthere
  • Expert Boarder
Trouble wrote on 24 May 2017 22:53:
Rather, give it to GYE.

I don't know if that is possible to take an oath you almost certainly will break. Not to look at any uncovered skin - even a first look? That is very hard, but life does not always have to be easy.
I'll think about it.

Re: getting there after to many lost years 30 May 2017 09:37 #314482

• getthere
  • Expert Boarder
Its time for an update.
Today i am B.H. doing good. I am only thinking of Today and took on myself not to take a second look (thank you GrowStrong) and try not even to take a first one. Many times it worked sometimes not - but i am on the right direction. Even when looking quickly diverted my thoughts to the last Gemore i learned, which also worked pretty well. Hope to get my eyes cleaned up a bit before Kabolas Hatoire. 
Still on a good streak on the 90 day Chart. Have some friends i talk to now and learning alot from them and i think also vice versa.
Have a good Yom tov everyone

Re: getting there after to many lost years 30 May 2017 11:30 #314498

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
getthere wrote on 30 May 2017 09:37:
Its time for an update.
Today i am B.H. doing good. I am only thinking of Today and took on myself not to take a second look (thank you GrowStrong) and try not even to take a first one. Many times it worked sometimes not - but i am on the right direction. Even when looking quickly diverted my thoughts to the last Gemore i learned, which also worked pretty well. Hope to get my eyes cleaned up a bit before Kabolas Hatoire. 
Still on a good streak on the 90 day Chart. Have some friends i talk to now and learning alot from them and i think also vice versa.
Have a good Yom tov everyone

Super news. Keep it up. Hatzlocha.

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: getting there after to many lost years 09 Jun 2017 10:06 #314951

• getthere
  • Expert Boarder
Time flies far to quick. Before my last update of days i thought i am by about 35 and suddenly i see 47. The going is good with the struggles, no MZL and no movies for along time and it feels great. 
I am coming to the realization again and again this can ONLY work if you really want it for yourself, you can start when someone else forces you but then with time YOU have to want yourself otherwise you will keep on falling and falling. I see it myself when i am under pressure to be extra careful for example when i am with my wife then it does not come out good - it gives my wife the feeling of being forced, but when i am more relaxed and not under constant pressure not to look, then i can say to myself easier, ' What do you gain from looking besides a bad feeling etc.'

Re: getting there after to many lost years 09 Jun 2017 10:08 #314952

• getthere
  • Expert Boarder
I also keep in mind the advantages vs the disadvantages of looking or doing any other Aveire for that matter.
Feeling bad
Shame
No hope
etc.

Re: getting there after to many lost years 09 Jun 2017 16:38 #314975

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep up the good work. Be proud of yourself.

Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes