Welcome, Guest

From tragedy to redemption
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: From tragedy to redemption 63345 Views

Re: A tragedy of the human condition 08 Mar 2015 03:36 #250038

• Hashivalisesonyishecho
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Please Hashem give me back my Neshama
Thank you yiraishamaim and GYEmember. I hope to implement this plan to remember. I don't cease to be touched by the ahavas yisroel of the chaverim here.

Re: A tragedy of the human condition 09 Mar 2015 04:21 #250125

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
You have no idea how good you make me feel when I hear I have helped someone or they are touched perhaps by what I have said.
I am able to feel that although I have strayed over the years with this dreaded cursed habit there is some silver lining after all.

Re: A tragedy of the human condition 09 Mar 2015 05:02 #250128

• Hashivalisesonyishecho
  • Platinum Boarder
I really think you are wonderful and you have been helpful to me many times and I see that you are helpful to others too. I wouldn't say a silver lining but rather I would say you are solid gold. I think hashem gave you this difficulty to contend with because he wants you're avoda. As it says by David 'לא הי' דוד ראוי לאותו מעשה אלא להורות תשובה כו And that's exactly what you are doing. You are doing teshuva and showing others the way.

Re: A tragedy of the human condition 09 Mar 2015 05:09 #250130

• Hashivalisesonyishecho
  • Platinum Boarder
yiraishamaim, I just did the 5 minutes. That's to your credit.

Re: A tragedy of the human condition 09 Mar 2015 05:53 #250133

• ineedchizuk
  • Gold Boarder
Wow. Powerful stuff!

Chizuk. .. and a michayev

....אלא להורות תשובה

Re: A tragedy of the human condition 10 Mar 2015 04:10 #250216

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
I am deeply moved.

Thank you for the kind words. I too am inspired by you Hashiva. Bli neder I have decided to up my Avodas Hashem as well in a particular area.

Re: A tragedy of the human condition 10 Mar 2015 04:11 #250217

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Exciting isn't it Jews motivating each other!

KOl Tuv!

Re: A tragedy of the human condition 10 Mar 2015 04:17 #250218

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
FYI

I have copied your message. I want to save it and look at it when I need a boost.
With your words you have given me a gift that I value more than I can express.

Thank you.

Re: A tragedy of the human condition 12 Mar 2015 19:07 #250401

• Hashivalisesonyishecho
  • Platinum Boarder
Today I slipped, sadly. I saw a picture of a woman on the machine and it was fuzzy and you couldn't quite see to what extent anything was exposed and I tried to look closely to figure it out. Until I caught myself and stopped. I hope it doesn't have to be considered a fall. I regret this and I am reporting it here for the purpose of accountability, as it is the accountability and connection here which has helped mo so much until now.

Re: A tragedy of the human condition 12 Mar 2015 19:09 #250402

• Hashivalisesonyishecho
  • Platinum Boarder
Which reminds me that I also slipped a few days ago when at the bank I was merbeh sicha with the lady (not tzniusdig) at the desk. Maybe if I would've reported that then, I wouldn't have slipped again.

Re: A tragedy of the human condition 12 Mar 2015 20:44 #250406

I can relate to your opening words. My life did not go according to my "biography" in my head. Its necessary to throw out the "biography" and become the unique individual G-d made me to be. You can too.

Re: A tragedy of the human condition 12 Mar 2015 21:06 #250408

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh Hashivah I can so relate OLD HABITS DIE HARD. Of course you will slip here and there. You didn't think for a moment you would be entirely Y"H/slip free at this point.did ya?
There is a famous statement by the Ba'al Shem Tov that sometimes a person does an aveira and the Y"H puts him into such a depressive mood by magnifying the issue in his head so he won't serve Hashem properly.
You see the Y"H can"t tell you to get off the program of self-improvement 'cause your sold to the importance of GYE and its teachings- hook line and sinker. However he has a shot of making you so intense and concerned that you get down on yourself. THAT IS DANGEROUS
let's see - let's take out an old fashion scale. On one plate of the scale you have significant clean days. As well you have used GYE, which helps you in your challenges as a platform to inspire and give chizuk to others who share your difficulties. On the other side you have perhaps some impure thoughts here and there and a touch of talking/subtle flirting with some lady.

On the scale of things you are looking mighty fine. Talk to Hashem - explain how you are working on your shortcomings and you are sorry - quietly and humbly - no need for too much drama.

Now get back on the train. We need you Hashiva - and we need a 100% happy and confidant Hashiva.
Last Edit: 12 Mar 2015 21:07 by yiraishamaim.

Re: A tragedy of the human condition 12 Mar 2015 22:52 #250420

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
KOMT !!!! Hashivah your doing great, so KUTGW!!!

Re: A tragedy of the human condition 13 Mar 2015 21:48 #250479

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I run into trouble at the bank. Maybe together we can work on that. Next time I go to the bank I will B"n ask Hashem to remove any natural desires that are of no use to me at a bank.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: A tragedy of the human condition 15 Mar 2015 02:34 #250504

• Hashivalisesonyishecho
  • Platinum Boarder
I had devised a plan but I didn't keep it that time. My plan is that I make sure to be preoccupied when I get to the desk, like I'm on the phone or busy with some paperwork or reading something and am only available for the bank clerk intermittently as totally necessary for banking and not anything more.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes