Welcome, Guest

Shalom from AviSim
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shalom from AviSim 600 Views

Shalom from AviSim 05 Jun 2013 21:16 #208449

• AviSim
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Shalom Aleichem. I wanted to take the first step by introducing myself and posting on the forum. My name is Avraham and I've struggled for about the last 18 years with looking at inappropriate images and acting out. Though I've had several periods where I was less active, such as some of the time I was in yeshiva, it has only been recently that I seriously considered changing my behavior.
I first discovered GYE several months ago and signed up for the daily chizuk emails, but had not yet resolved to join the community. I have been seeing a therapist for other issues, and recently brought up the matter of my acting out. We agreed that using a service, like GYE would be beneficial in my treatment.
I hope to be an active member of the community, and to, BE'H, overcome these behaviors.

Re: Shalom from AviSim 05 Jun 2013 21:45 #208450

• zvi
  • Gold Boarder
Sholom Aleichem! Stick around!
Life’s a mountain. You just gotta keep climbing…

Re: Shalom from AviSim 05 Jun 2013 21:52 #208451

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Welcome!
Nice to have you aboard. i think you will gain from being here. please stick around and read the posts and the handbook and meet the special members of this community who are supportive, non-judgmental and warm.
wishing you much hatzlocha
zs
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Shalom from AviSim 05 Jun 2013 23:48 #208484

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Welcome Avraham! It's nice to have you with us. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

Re: Shalom from AviSim 06 Jun 2013 01:04 #208489

• chachaman
  • Gold Boarder
I recommend reading the GYE handbook and making good use of this forum--maybe read through some of the 90 day threads and find out what's already been written and if it can apply to you.

What measures are you thinking of taking in your fight with this addiction? In my humble opinion, one of the most important things to do is to define your motivations in stopping--not just in negative terms, but also in positive terms (such as "my quality of life will improve", "I will address some long-term life issues", "I will grow closer to hashem", etc.). Otherwise, when you are feeling weak or are tempted, the Y"H is amazing at making people forget why they want to stop.

Yashir Koach on joining the forum!
Last Edit: 06 Jun 2013 01:07 by chachaman. Reason: Where do I begin?

Re: Shalom from AviSim 06 Jun 2013 07:26 #208506

• yungerman83
  • Current streak: 7 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Welcome Avraham! You found the right place! We're behind you and rooting for you! Keep us posted on your progress!

Re: Shalom from AviSim 06 Jun 2013 20:31 #208533

• some_guy
  • Current streak: 2975 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Avraham,

Its good that you join the community. Friends who you can talk to helps a lot. Isolation stopped me from moving on for a while. If you ever want to message me I would be happy to help you.

--some_guy/Elias/Elihayu
My Rabbi always gives me the same advice. "Be happy. The world is good. Just be happy."

Re: Shalom from AviSim 09 Jun 2013 18:31 #208684

• AlexEliezer
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome!
Thanks for joining and sharing your journey with us.
Everyone who joins brings his perspective and his kochos to the forum.
So post away! And not just on your own thread. Give chizuk to others. It's part of getting better.
Hatzlocha!
Alex
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes