Welcome, Guest

Does this battle have an end?
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Does this battle have an end? 1011 Views

Does this battle have an end? 09 Jan 2013 00:03 #200785

• Dmaot
  • Senior Boarder
I want to be a tzadik. I want to be a good servant of Hashem and follow His path and do His will in love and fear. Help.

Now to introduce myself... Shalom. I'm a 22 year old boy, i'm a BT since i was 11 years old. I want to thank you for the great daily support via emails, stories, testimonies and everything good and right.

I know there's a way out of the vicious circle but i am still having some troubles finding it. I have had good clean streaks that have lasted months even years but somehow the yh found its way and i felt helpless and weaker than it... just for that moment... and then we all know the feeling that comes afterward. My latest fall was on Jan 3 after almost 6 months clean... I feel that everything collapsed and a time for new beginning had come. Now i strive to daven everyday and strengthen my kesher to Hashem and to remind myself constantly that i am a son of the King, ben shel Melech. I strongly belief that Hashem will conquer my heart completely and eternally. This is my goal in this life. Total surrender to Adonai Hashem Elokai.

But i honestly don't think that this battle has an end... which can be a good thing...
What are your thoughts about that?

Re: Does this battle have an end? 09 Jan 2013 00:20 #200787

• reallygettingthere
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dmaot wrote:
I want to be a tzadik

Hi Dmaot,

Slow down buddy. Work at being healthy and sober before you become a tzadik.

Take one step at a time and you will have a much better shot at being successful

Eli
Roy in the SA White Book noted that we frequently prayed and it did not work...because the best we could muster was begging G-d to "Please take it away, so I will not have to give it up!

No amount of sobriety can cure the insanity -ChaimCharlie

The emmes hurts but fake chizzuk will hurt more -Bards

Remember, best block, no be there - Mr. Miyagi

Re: Does this battle have an end? 09 Jan 2013 00:42 #200788

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Welcome Dmaot! You are in the right place. Have you read the handbook? There is a lot of good stuff in there. Keep reading and posting here too. There is a lot to learn.

Re: Does this battle have an end? 09 Jan 2013 05:15 #200798

• kosher
  • Gold Boarder
I think its fair to say that the battle will never end. Hashem put us in the world to overcome challenges. Long term success oversoming the challenge is certainly possible and In some ways the challenge can brcome easier, but if we ever become complacent, the battles is lost.

Appreciate every victory, those are never lost. Keep on fighting the battle, you sound fully up to the task.
I am not big enough to not do something I WANT to do because I know it is wrong, but I've been around long enough not to want to do many things, even though they are really enticing at the first glance.

Re: Does this battle have an end? 09 Jan 2013 20:24 #200814

• Dmaot
  • Senior Boarder
reallygettingthere, you are right. I shouldn't have concentrated on myself... on what i want. I dont need to be anything... I should concentrate on Hashem, not on me, im just afar v'efer, im nothing.

gibbor120, thanks for warm welcome, i have the handbooks downloaded, still have not gone deep in them but i will.

kosher, brother, this is so true...

Re: Does this battle have an end? 09 Jan 2013 20:34 #200815

• reallygettingthere
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I guess my welcome wasn't too warm :-p

You definitively can focus on yourself but just do it one step at a time. You don't want to slip and fall which is what happens when people try to run before they can walk.

The people who try to become tzadikim before they are functional human beings end up hurting themselves (and others).
Roy in the SA White Book noted that we frequently prayed and it did not work...because the best we could muster was begging G-d to "Please take it away, so I will not have to give it up!

No amount of sobriety can cure the insanity -ChaimCharlie

The emmes hurts but fake chizzuk will hurt more -Bards

Remember, best block, no be there - Mr. Miyagi

Re: Does this battle have an end? 09 Jan 2013 20:45 #200816

• Dmaot
  • Senior Boarder
Right. Sometimes you need a slap in the face to wake you up. So, um... thanks.

Re: Does this battle have an end? 09 Jan 2013 22:16 #200819

• Divrei Chaim
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Junior Boarder
  • Boruch Hashem yom yom
Dear Dmaot,

remember the six month will be stored for you in eternity. So, definitely you could abstain. And even tzadikim had problems in their youth. Do not beat yourself up. Which methods did you try against the problem? I saw some succes with the taphsic method. A lots of hatzloche. It is also brought down in the s'forim (Steipler's letters) every time that you say no to the Y"H of masturbation during the nisayon you'll get on the level of Tzadik yesod olam (like Yosef hatzaddik).

Re: Does this battle have an end? 09 Jan 2013 22:56 #200821

• Dmaot
  • Senior Boarder
What's interesting is that i didn't do anything mamash. Nothing. I just lived an ordinary G-d fearing life. I had no troubles with shmirat einaim, no troubles with thoughts, nothing. But you know what happened then... i drifted away from G-d's path in the beginning of december and went with secular people and had secular fun for just a few days. The secular university that i go to had a party and i was the only one who wouldn't go, so i went... I thought i'd be okay if i didn't let this get to my heart. I was wrong. I think that was the time i opened the door to the yh. And a month later i fell. I did teshuva and i realized that staying in G-d's holiness is crucial, it's a question of life and death.

I pray to Hashem to accept me once again...

I pray to Hashem to take me a level up so i could be more serious and devoted to keep His mitzvot and fear His Name.

I'm trying the tafsik method now. I'm waiting for the next time the yh attacks me and i pray that i have the humility to hand it over to Hashem for only He can deal with it.

Re: Does this battle have an end? 10 Jan 2013 00:35 #200826

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
just noticed the title of this thread 'does this battle have an end'

the answer to this is 'YES.but not until you reach 120 and one day.

Re: Does this battle have an end? 10 Jan 2013 16:19 #200847

• moish u.k.
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Winning is a team effort!
[quote="Dmaot" post=200785]I want to be a tzadik. I want to be a good servant of Hashem and follow His path and do His will in love and fear. Help.

I can identify with that. I wanted to be a tzadik and i was miserable for many years.

Today i don't want to "be" something. I just want to be close to Hashem.

Hashem has made me an addict. I believe therefore that the path Hashem has laid out for me to come close to Him is through embracing this challenge and striving towards a solution. Since the only solution i know for this poblem is to work a 12 step program, this is the path Hashem wants me to be on.

The 12 step program not only helps me deal with this problem, it brings me close to Hashem in a way i could otherwise not have imagined.

I wish you hatslocho in finding your path.
Last Edit: 10 Jan 2013 16:36 by moish u.k..

Re: Does this battle have an end? 16 Jan 2013 13:00 #201023

• chaimcharlie
  • Current streak: 10 days
  • Platinum Boarder
For me the battle ended when I surrendered.
That's how most battles end, when one side gives up and surrenders, no?

All the best!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes