Welcome, Guest

Strong Obsessive Sexual Thinking- Some Very Unacceptable. Opening Up For Once...
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Strong Obsessive Sexual Thinking- Some Very Unacceptable. Opening Up For Once... 2543 Views

Re: Strong Obsessive Sexual Thinking- Some Very Unacceptable. Opening Up For Once... 09 Nov 2011 15:27 #124953

• helpme!
gibbor120 wrote on 09 Nov 2011 14:53:

"helpme" - powerful stuff.  I hope you get the help you need.  One question though, if the mikvah is a nisayon for you, why go there?

because:
1 its minhag chabad to go every day
2 i feel that it adds purity to my life
3 showering at home is even harder: i am naked by myself and there is a mirror. by going to mikve i never have to be alone in the shower (because i shower in the mikve)
4 when i dont go i have more bad thoughts (if such a thing were possible)
Last Edit: by .

Re: Strong Obsessive Sexual Thinking- Some Very Unacceptable. Opening Up For Once... 09 Nov 2011 15:33 #124955

• helpme!
Gevura ShebYesod wrote on 09 Nov 2011 14:53:

I don't think it's allowed to think divrei torah in the mik, but maybe considering the alternative....Lately i just think about a red-white-and-blue flying monster truck  .

it says in kitzur shulchan aruch (no time right now to find where: i recently put a time limit i am on the internet for and am already 4 minutes over) that a person who if he doesnt think divrei torah in the TOILET he will think assur thoughts then it is mutar for him to think divrei (not speak) torah. i find that in the toilet an interesting pnei yehoshua is always helpful to go over in my mind whenever bad thoughts come. i dont think thats something to be proud of...:-\ :-\ :-\...but thats what works sometimes. in the mikve some mishnayos or tanya baal peh is sufficient because there is far less temptation.

i think that the reason is the isur to [i]think[i] a dvar torah is lav dafka min hatorah. and the chochomim were matir it in order to save a person from going over a much more serious issur.

Re: Strong Obsessive Sexual Thinking- Some Very Unacceptable. Opening Up For Once... 09 Nov 2011 17:03 #124968

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
See Orach Chaim Siman 85 Se'if 2 and Mishne Berura Se'if Koton 13.

Link to see it online:
http://www.hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=14170&st=&pgnum=231

But I would venture that this is a last resort, and that it would be better to think of "neutral" things, see Mishne Berura Se'if Koton 5 & 6 for some suggestions.

Hang in there, don't let the falls get you down, it's all part of the slimy bas***d's bag of dirty tricks. And helping others is definitely one of the best ways to help oneself, I find that has been so true for me.

Keep on Trucking!!

Gevura!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Strong Obsessive Sexual Thinking- Some Very Unacceptable. Opening Up For Once... 20 Nov 2011 17:01 #126135

• Dov
  • Administrator
Strange how Stealth123 has disappeared. Hope he is doing great.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes