Welcome, Guest

Welcome all- New Member
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Welcome all- New Member 2727 Views

Re: Welcome all- New Member 19 Jun 2011 07:00 #109009

• TheJester
jewishguy wrote on 17 Jun 2011 18:38:

A Rabbi or a Chushiva Yungerman would be the best choice!

Gut Voch.  How are you doing?  Is your resolve still strong, and have you done this yet?
Last Edit: by .

Re: Welcome all- New Member 19 Jun 2011 13:05 #109018

• jewishguy
  • Current streak: 47 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Resolve is strong... Been thinking all Shaboss on who to approach, I do have one "chavrusa" now but am searching for the close person to trust!!!

Thanks for checking up on me.!

Re: Welcome all- New Member 19 Jun 2011 14:01 #109020

• TheJester
jewishguy wrote on 19 Jun 2011 13:05:

Thanks for checking up on me.!

Keep posting on here at least until you find some other support (SA/accountability partner, etc.).  But don't put it off.

I respect your resolve - it took quite a bit for me to put that kind of behavior behind me.  I am curious as to the trigger, but of course that is your business.  For me, it was a growing emptiness, and a desire to live a decent life.  Oddly, more "obvious" triggers didn't work (public humiliation, job loss due to employer finding emails, etc.).  For me, it truly had to come from within.  Of course, the problem with that is that I was dependent upon my own inner resolve, until I found someone (my wife) in whom to confide and be accountable.

Re: Welcome all- New Member 19 Jun 2011 15:29 #109024

• AlexEliezer
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome Jewishguy!
My addiction worsened in my 40's.  B"H I'm clean over 2 years, chasdei Hashem, and thanks to this amazing community.
You obviously have a degree of self control, as there's only so far you'll go.  So the pintele yid is still there.  That you don't feel so bad is part of the addiction.  When you get clean, you'll feel wonderful.
I'm glad to hear you'll be joining SA, and hopefully you can hook up with an accountability partner.
We're rooting for you here!  Klal Yisroel needs you to recover.
Keep us posted.
Alex
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes