Welcome, Guest

kiruv, outreach, kiruv
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: kiruv, outreach, kiruv 9395 Views

Re: kiruv, outreach, kiruv 12 Jun 2011 05:09 #108450

• Serene smile
A gut voch!
Last Edit: by .

Re: kiruv, outreach, kiruv 12 Jun 2011 05:32 #108454

• Serene smile
(I heard too many srtupid things from too many people in too short a time period!)

BH(!) For Tzadikim! This world is a beautiful place of wondrous miracles as a yid! Just like the story of the Beis Yosef who stayed up a whole night to finally(!) M'chadesh a halacha. That morning he heard a bochur 'm'chadesh' the VERY SAME HALACHA IN TWO MINUTES!?!!...

The Beis Yosef became sad.

Soon a malach came to him and said "precisely because YOU broke through the klipa covering this halacha, the world now has access to understand it: YOU opened up the channels b'ruchnius"

So too; precisely because our tzadikim have 'opened many channels' between heaven and earth, can we, super simple yidden, travel the paved roads to Hashem.

Just see Parshas Yisro 19,9. Hashem says "The people will hear when I speak to you, Moshe"...

What???

The people themselves,will hear Hashem Himself, and will STILL need Moshe???

Even more!

See the Rambam on this posuk (Yesodei Ha'Torah, perek 8 halacha 1) "we (YES WE(!!) YIDDEN) heard Hashem say to Moshe.. 'Moshe, Moshe, go say to the yidden..' "

We ourselves heard Hashem tell Moshe what to say to us!.. And STILL we needed Moshe???!!

Are u crazy G-d!?! Just tell us YOURSELF!!! We hear you anyway!!

Nope. G-d still wants the whole 'spiritual nasi over the yidden thing'...

Well many 'chachamim' can now conclude, with absolute certainty, that Hashem Himself must be...

christian (ch'v!!)..

Seriously. .. What's this whole business with the intermediary.!?! WE OURSELVES HEAR G-D HIMSELF!!??  ... But nope, that wasn't enough...

Rambam too: christian(ch'v)

Oh, and another sefer of avoda zara (ch'v!) the Or Ha'Chayim Ha'Kodesh on what he brings from Medrash Tanchuma (even more christianity ch'v!!) on the psuk "ish Ha'Elokim"... I would really hate for you to read such 'idolatry' (ch'v!!!)

Yep. All avoda zara MAMOSH!!! (Ch'v!!!)..

The HafTorah parshas Va'Yeyrah(again, she ran to Elisha "ish Ha'Elokim" to revive the dead!!(And isn't that our condition: revival of the dead!?!).. Not once did she call out to Hashem... Wow!! Just more and more christian stories in the 'Torah' book?!?? (Ch'v)

And oh yes, here's a real biggee..

Rambam,Hilchot Chametz u'Matzah, 7:2. "If a child is young or a fool, we tell him Hashem redeemed us from mitzrayim... (But)If the child is older  and smart, WE TELL HIM THE MIRACLES THAT WERE MADE THROUGH MOSHE RABEYNU".

The list goes on and on and on...

So now along comes convoluted me and my crazy lust brain (and yes, still a jewish brain),and now I, with all my tumah, am gonna call out directly to Hashem...

:-)... Right.

The ONLY way that is possible is because BH, our Tzadikim have paved ENDLESS channels in the entire cosmos enabling even yidden who've fallen as low as me, direct access to the Infinite, Boruch Hu.

For sure, you can deny such a 'reality',.. I aint even worried about that one bit... Aint my stress . Tanya in ch. 2 (towards the end) already says more than I could ever want to say.."Those who rebel against Talmidey Chachamim receive their 'soul sustenance' from the 'back side' of the soul of the Talmidey Chachamim"

(Could it be, that's why all these 'holy kehilos', who are SO QUICK to feel 'holier than thou' and condemn  the 'scary outside world' and OTHER YIDDEN (!?!?), are so FULL of sex drunks: even with all of this 'so called' 'phenomenal' kedusha??)

(And No doubt Talmid Chacham in the Tanya is the REAL definition here... NOT a 'donkey carrying seforim' as soooo many 'learned' jews are... Full of Torah knowledge and destroying themselves and others)...

So thanks, only and entirely to our true Tzadikim, that a yutz like me can be shlepped from the lowest of lows, and now be COMPLETELY unafraid of a beautiful world where WE, YES US YIDDEN, are the ba'al ha'bus: slowly, gently and kindly nurturing an inherently G-dly world, to it's FULL G-dly potential.

The meraglim claim "this land eats and devours its residents".. ("We are sure to lose as we go into the world!!!"..)

Stupidity!! THIS(!) Is real avoda zara!!!

"We" actually, "will eat THEM like bread"!! ("Lach'meynu heym"!!)

The world is waiting, calling, yearning, seeking and DESIRING, to be INFUSED with Hashem's true kedusha as expressed in Toraseynu Ha'Kedosha!...

How great is the rachmonus on a yid, in these CRAZY days and times, who doesn't feel we have mamosh Moshe Rabeynu, with all of his kedusha, love, encouragement and glory, at our fingertips.

Yes, even still here today, and yes, even still intimately with us, with ALL of our MANY shortcomings!

EVEN IN THIS CRAZY WORLD WE CAN TRULY FEEL LIKE MELOCHIM EVEN IN 2011!!!

(After korach the plague came from Hashem, mamosh Hashem Himself... Hmmmm,  Sound like the internet plague at all?????      Oh, and you can bet some of those yidden were prayin, prayin man!! But sorry babe... NOBODY HOME..

Then what... 

Davka Moshe got involved and yidden were saved..

With friends, time, avoda  honesty,  shalom bayis and of course SOBRIETY, I've learned that, "yes indeed"..

"Lach'meynu heym"

Re: kiruv, outreach, kiruv 13 Jun 2011 04:27 #108512

• Serene smile
Hormones, vitamins, chromosomes, etc., make up only a minuscule portion of the body
-yet they are the most crucial elements of life.

Jews are the smallest minority of all the peoples of the world

-yet they are the most vital element of history.

They are the heart of the world.

(1 example: All of WWII. “The struggle for world domination will be fought entirely between us, between Germans and Jews. All else is facade and illusion.” (Adolf Hitler) )

When Jews are healthy and whole as a people,

the world is healthy and whole as a world.

Re: kiruv, outreach, kiruv 13 Jun 2011 23:51 #108588

• Serene smile
So BH.. Back on bike to work... Calm, and freedom..

Just heard that the Ba'al Ha'Tanya said he's a beinoni. "How could that be"? .. Asked the chassidim around him..

"There are 500 levels of beinoni".. He answered..

Re: kiruv, outreach, kiruv 14 Jun 2011 10:24 #108616

• Serene smile
Even as I sit here with much confusion..

There is ZERO DOUBT whatsoever that all is good in my life..

And all of life..

Life and G-d, are very, very good..

Re: kiruv, outreach, kiruv 15 Jun 2011 13:58 #108716

• Serene smile
The problem started when we start believing it's all supposed to be easy and swell...

Hard work is unavoidable..

It's a joyous experience.. Of diligent focused avoda

Re: kiruv, outreach, kiruv 16 Jun 2011 03:12 #108773

• Serene smile
When, Heaven forbid, one is grub, then one sees only grub-keit in another, and the world around; but when one himself is good, refined and aydel , one sees the good, refined and aydel-ness of the other and the world.

This reflects a classic Chassidic thought.  The Baal Shem Tov (in comment on Pirkey Avot 4:1; Nega'im 2:5; and Kidushin 70a) teaches that what man sees in another is a mirror-reflection of himself: as he is himself, so he sees the other. Divine Providence brought him to see a 'what looks like a deficiency' in another (even if that is not the 'true nature' of the other, it  just appears that way) in order to correct his own deficiencies.

In program terms: if u spot it... (Means) u GOT it.

Re: kiruv, outreach, kiruv 16 Jun 2011 09:16 #108777

• TheJester
Serene smile wrote on 16 Jun 2011 03:12:

When, Heaven forbid, one is grub, then one sees only grub-keit in another, and the world around; but when one himself is good, refined and aydel , one sees the good, refined and aydel-ness of the other and the world.

In program terms: if u spot it... (Means) u GOT it.

This is extremely and unfortunately true.  I had a flash of it only the other day...  I just "knew" something I would rather not have known.

But I think that this "ability" can be turned around, particularly by people who have worked on themselves a lot, to help others with that same type of grobkeit.  Of course, one (thinking of myself) needs to be especially careful in these situations, and accountable to someone strong at all times.

Re: kiruv, outreach, kiruv 16 Jun 2011 09:53 #108778

• Serene smile
I appreciate the comment very much.

After years of avoda, recovery (whatever term u want to use), I see this fact as an enormous(!) brocha!!

When I start getting 'really annoyed' at someone's behavior, my wife included, and the 'negative gases' start increasing pressure inside, I (most of the time :-) ) see it as a lesson for ME in what 'I' need to work on in ME.

If 'that character defect I 'see SO CLEARLY in 'the other guy there' wasn't truly a real part of ME, I wouldn't see it in HIM in the 1st place.

G-d is not making mistakes in His world, and all His acts are beautiful and perfect so He set His world up as a glorious clear mirror for us, His children.

When I am 'clean' when I look in the mirror, I see a 'clean' image looking back at me.

But unfortunately that is not always the case..

Sometimes I see 'ugliness' around me.

But if 'a yid is a speigel'(mirror; as the Ba'al Shem said) and I see 'dirt', it's a clear proof that the dirt is on ME, and I become aware of what I need to do to come even closer to Hashem.

Brochas to all!

Re: kiruv, outreach, kiruv 16 Jun 2011 10:36 #108780

• Serene smile
(And oh yeah, reminder:  if anyone out there is worried and stressed about $$$$,...

From year after year experience I'll share this...

STOP WORRYING!!..

Nothing is worth sacrificing the well being of your family and children.. Hashem has taken care of us even when the account was R*E*D!!

He'll do the same for you!..

Smile at your kids when you can.. Sing with them, hug your wife, listen to her and try not to complain so much..

Miracle after miracle, Hashem has proven Himself as long as I stayed connected to Him with simcha and bitachon!)

Re: kiruv, outreach, kiruv 16 Jun 2011 15:57 #108805

• Serene smile
..... And BH, yes, we have Shalom Bayis, happy 'successful' young children, and sobriety... All with ZERO or very little $$$$... All I can do is share how wonderful, powerful and 'in charge' hashem really is!

He! And only He, controls ALL things.. If we sincerely make effort to connect to Him, each on his own level, then He will make our lives a REAL and fulfilling life 'above and beyond' landlords, tenants, neighbors opinions, politics etc...

Re: kiruv, outreach, kiruv 17 Jun 2011 11:42 #108896

• MAALIN BAKODESH
I am mekaneh your olam hazeh. For me worrying about money is part of my essence and I hate it.I grew up really poor,parents couldn't even afford a car and I promised myself that things will be different for me.I fantasized about being rich as well as other fantasies.bh Iam currently covering my needs but I worry about tomorrow constantly. I know its shtusim but the mind is not connecting to the heart. This is a major source of RID.

Re: kiruv, outreach, kiruv 17 Jun 2011 15:52 #108918

• Serene smile
If you here now, have "major RID", how good could my "olam ha'zeh" really be??

We, all yidden,  are only as strong as our weakest links.

Sobriety, hugging my wife (when mutar), and Sha'ar Ha'bitachon (chovos ha'livavos) are just SOME of the tools that have helped me w/$$$ stress... I've been through Sha'ar Ha'bitachon 6(!) times..

(Also, I was raised poor of $$$ BH today I realize the goal is not to be poor in the mind. I've stood in court 3 times in 2 years, facing a judge re: eviction. I was smiling, and having no idea how it would work out by the 'appointed date': BUT IT DID. Krias yam suf only happens when the 'impossible' is facing us face to face.... AND IT WILL HAPPEN IF WE ARE B'SIMCHA W/BITACHON. Keep an eye out: I'll post a zohar which is perfect to describe this)

It greatly helps to have Shalom bayis.

Email me anytime if u want to discuss more.. Your friend serene..    serenitysmile@tmo.blackberry.net

Re: kiruv, outreach, kiruv 17 Jun 2011 16:14 #108924

• Serene smile
Below is a direct quote from Zohar (parshas Titzaveh.. I believe)

I'm no 'kabbalist' :-).. But just like we are made of body and soul, so too our Torah has body (nigleh) and soul (nistar).. Would you expect to exist without a soul?? So connecting to the 'higher soul and body', is helping my soul and body.

So learning both helps me very much, especially as these 'mystical' topics are made 'practical' in avoda as discussed in Chassidik texts.

Another point of interest here is that I was not raised 'frum'. Period. At all.

W/recovery tools, the words of miracles in the 'holy books' have become 'as real as they claim to be'..

I'm sure that's one reason Hashem wanted me A) to see His world from the outside in and, most importantly share that experience and how it is elevated now in a Holy lifestyle... And how "YES!! Oonzer G-T is REAL!" ( Our G-d is real)... 
So much more I want to write.... Time to get back to work...

Her is the Zohar:

"Depression, anxiety and pessimism damage the channels of blessing from Above.

The Zohar explains that there is a lower world -- our world -- and there is a higher world.

Our world is meant to continuously receive from that higher world, but always according to our personal state of mind.

If we are glowing with joy and vitality, then that world shines upon us in its full glory.

But if it we wallow in depression and anxiety, then we can only receive the metered trickle that squeezes through a constricted channel.

That is why King David said, "Serve G-d with joy!" Because your joy here draws upon you another joy from above."

Re: kiruv, outreach, kiruv 19 Jun 2011 03:51 #108989

• Serene smile
Gut voch!
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes