Welcome, Guest

brand new here...
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: brand new here... 7980 Views

Re: brand new here... 13 May 2011 13:46 #105870

• heuni memass
I want to mention- there is a phone conference on this topic of shmiras enaiyim MOn- Thurstday at 8:30 est. I found it to be very helpful and lots of practical tips.

You can find the info  on the conference call schedule.  The call in number is 712-432-0900 pin 424479.  Or you can listen to yesterdays shiur on recording anytime at 712-432-0990  pin 424479
Last Edit: by .

Re: brand new here... 13 May 2011 18:30 #105911

• MAALIN BAKODESH
Does anyone know who is giving the shiur on shmiras einayim? A rov? Someone that learnt the halachos?

Re: brand new here... 13 May 2011 19:59 #105918

• Reb Yid
  • Gold Boarder
  • TKO the YH
His name is Dovi. He is not a Rov, but he is someone who has learnt the Halachos well, and does a lot of research. I listened in on a number of the conferences, and I was very impressed. I highly recommend it.
They are basing the Halachos on a wonderful English Sefer called "Windows of the Soul". If you'd like, you can download the pdf version of the entire book on the GYE homepage.
Hatzlocha!!!
I am special
I was chosen for this special mission.
I must succeed.
Klal Yisroel needs me.
Hashem needs me.
Chizuk From the Parsha www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=3456.0
Letter From YH
www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3445.0;attach=1631

Re: brand new here... 15 May 2011 13:13 #105950

• AlexEliezer
  • Platinum Boarder
I want to follow up on a comment I made earlier, which evidently was misunderstood by some.  I didn't mean that I believe that trigger #2 is actually the Satan in disguise.  I'm sure she's a human being.  It's just what I sometimes tell myself to dull her lustre, making it easier to keep my eyes diverted until she's out of range.

On the positive side, Rav Miller ztz'l has said that anytime we are presented with temptation, it is an opportunity to achieve greatness.  When we resist, we are achieving greatness.

Shteig on!

Re: brand new here... 15 May 2011 17:17 #105966

• Serene smile
AMEN! :-D

Re: brand new here... 15 May 2011 19:09 #105976

• Serene smile
I was recently told beautiful words in the name of R. Yosef Yitzchok of Lubavitch which, I believe, describe the meetings and fellowship: "if someone is not well, he needs to speak to a rofeh(healer). There are times however when that will not suffice: Sometimes the only healing will come when speaking to 'an andereh choleh' (another sick person) who himself knows the malady and how to be healed from it" (lekutey dibburim)

Re: brand new here... 16 May 2011 04:02 #106016

• regularbachur
...and the best is a rofeh who used to be a choleh! Then, he knows the issues, got past it, and is qualified to help others. Not that you have to be "qualified," anyone can help and give eitzos, chizuk, etc. But the best is when you have both.

Re: brand new here... 16 May 2011 14:02 #106042

• Serene smile
Also is so great that shulchan aruch (Ha'Rav) says (orach chayim 445 sif 1) "if we're not INVOLVED in destroying the chametz ONLY THEN are we 'sinning'".. The chometz (sins) are there(!) You can see them(!).. Don't over-react says Torah... As long as you are involved (really) in getting rid of it, you are not transgressing...  What if u trip and chametz falls? What if a kid knocks it out of your hand? What if a sick zeidei is in the way of it and it takes a while to get to it??? NO WORRY SAYS TORAH! As long as you are osek in getting rid of the negative, there is no aveira! (This is good for us who LOVE to 'realize' how 'bad' we are..)

Re: brand new here... 16 May 2011 17:27 #106066

• Serene smile
(Also earlier in siman 433 or 434 it says "if u didn't know the chumatz (negative) was there, you are also not 'sinning'.. Once you know about it, now is time to be 'osek' in getting rid of it)
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes