Welcome, Guest

New to the forum
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: New to the forum 7366 Views

Re: New to the forum 12 May 2011 23:47 #105838

• Serene smile
Yeh... That's what fellowship helps too. Just speak any and all negative emotions out. Sha'ar Ha'bitachon in Chovos ha'livavos helps me immeasurably! I've been through it 6 times BH. And here's food for though from the Lubavitcher Rebbe MMshcnersohn in a letter to a bachur who struggled with stress and anxiety "..this very thought-as to what
if a misfortune occurs-is itself a misfortune" (since G-d is only doing kindness to us all day every day.. I know that takes avoda to internalize)... It takes WORK but I've come to live, very realistically BH, that bitachon is 'even when there is absolutely ZERO logical reason for hope, we still have MUCH reason to be happy and best of all, do good loving deeds and say loving words for ourselves and the world at large... Little by little, one small miracle after another, life is working very wonderfully and completely justifying my previous 'illogical' smiles and hope...
Last Edit: 12 May 2011 23:51 by .

Re: New to the forum 13 May 2011 00:27 #105840

• luuustig
Thanks for the chizuk. that was really nice. When my body is tired and worn out I can also have a harder time. Its really important to take care of the body...
Last Edit: by .

Re: New to the forum 13 May 2011 07:32 #105862

• Serene smile
Yes sure is

Re: New to the forum 13 May 2011 13:35 #105869

• heuni memass
I heard about the Brisker Rav. ( i think) He got married and got a nice dowry. And he invested it with someone and the person lost it all. When he heard about it he sat down to learn Sha'ar Hbitachon. He said the difference between a wealthy person and a poor person is not the food for today's meal, because they both have food for today. Its all about feeling secure about the future. So all i lost is to feal secure, that I can gat back if I learn Emuna. So he sat down to learn.

I find this to be so true and so powerful.

Re: New to the forum 13 May 2011 14:36 #105875

• Serene smile
Speaking about Hashem's kindness that NEVER EVER STOPS is mandatory. Ur story is wonderful... Every story like this is good good medicine for aching souls.. "Hu rak tov kol ha-yom'.. I was singing a niggun on the way to work.. I sing a lot... What is better? Complaining?!?

Re: New to the forum 15 May 2011 18:01 #105971

• luuustig
Good afternoon chevra!
This shabbos I was together with alot of family. There was some wonderful connecting between us, it was awsome!
There were also challenges. (Duh.) One of my attractive female cousins was there. And she repeatedly ended up sitting near me at the table. I felt distracted but baruch hashem  I was fine. I want to thank hashem for giving me the koach to pass this test.
Praying for her was helpful but being distracted from the ruach of the shabbos table was was hard for me.

Re: New to the forum 15 May 2011 18:27 #105974

• Serene smile
Wow what honesty.. I relate and am grateful for the share! I'm personally 'confused' about a bunch of things now, and am also grateful to reach out for Hashem's help.. Boy do I need it!

Re: New to the forum 15 May 2011 18:49 #105975

• luuustig
I totally relate to the confused part. Pretty much al we actually know is hashem is here for us. wherever here maybe at the moment.
Tonight Im going on a date which usually means more anxiety, getting stuck in obsessive thinking which is a challenge. But Im sure hashem wil help...

Re: New to the forum 15 May 2011 19:13 #105978

• Serene smile
Yeah man... Pray pray smile sing and pray :-).. I would make a call (or 2) before, to 'serene people' u may know, to keep up good thoughts about yourself and exactly that point of Hashem being there.. Good thoughts go a looooooooong way. 

Re: New to the forum 17 May 2011 19:30 #106186

• luuustig
Oyyyyy.
I was just rejected by a girl after one date for the second time in a row. It is really painful almost physically. I would really love to "medicate" myself and am I not entitled? after all, the pain is as real as any other. Im telling myself that I cant afford the medication I am seeking, its way above my spending abilities. It would cost me more than an arm and leg. It would cost my life.

Re: New to the forum 17 May 2011 19:51 #106190

• heuni memass
Lustig i feel sorry for you. Rejection is not easy- but then again as you said if you medicate you will be rejecting yourself. So why add salt to the cut.

At your point in life is a great time to learn how to deal with rejection. As a child there is little rejection in our lives and as we get older it starts kicking in. If you learn and practice how to deal with it now, it will be worth millions for the future.

In the dating scene it's not that you were rejected, it is s'yatta dishmaya that is preventing you from marrying the wrong girl. We need to realize that there is a creator that keeps on taking care of us even when we do nothing for him. So when we hear that we are not a shidduch we need to teach our self to thank Hashem for holding you back from continuing with her.

Ay"h when the right time comes it should go smoothly with clarity of mind, amen.

Re: New to the forum 18 May 2011 00:00 #106222

• luuustig
Your right HM. I appreciate your chizuk. I hope to find the right one soon so i dont need to keep playing these dating games. Any way in every point of life there are situations that cause pain so marriage is just the beginning of a different tekufa with its challenges. But somehow the grass seems greener on the side of having a wife that you love and enjoy being around.

Re: New to the forum 18 May 2011 04:31 #106244

• Serene smile
What a zechus u have to pray in such a situation.. We're grateful to be here w/u

Re: New to the forum 18 May 2011 23:51 #106325

• Serene smile
Hey luuuustig, not sure where ur up to, but I know what Rambam writes about doing 'teshuva when you're younger' which is the BEST .. When you're "older is also good" he says, but the zechus and connection of staying connected in a younger age is beyond words... Someday u WILL look back and rejoice at any and every moment you prayed and didn't fall in these times.. ESPECIALLY, you'll be able to help your own son be'H

Re: New to the forum 22 May 2011 13:24 #106561

• regularbachur
WOW! SS, that last post from the Ramban was a huge inspiration for me. I've been clean now for ninteen days, my longest streak for a long time. Just last night, I faced some really big challenges that I almost didn't overcome. B"H, I made it out clean and tahor. Hashem was clearly helping me, I wouldn't have been able to do it myself. Then, this morning,  I was kinda doubting this whole "clean" thing, who needs it, it's more fun without, etc...Then I saw your post, about fighting when you're young, looking back when you're older and appreciating every time you didn't give in (especially the part about helping your own son!) , and it really changed my mood about the whole thing. Tizku L'mitzvos!!
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes