Welcome, Guest

New to the forum
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: New to the forum 7368 Views

Re: New to the forum 11 May 2011 04:09 #105637

• Serene smile
I don't know where (but I can find it) Duvid Ha'melech had a friend (holy yid) who was triggered by seeing even a color. (I was told this by a rosh yeshiva and can find out more if u need).. I don't think ur that crazy. Regardless, it's always good to Guard Our Eyes :-)
Last Edit: 11 May 2011 04:32 by .

Re: New to the forum 11 May 2011 04:37 #105641

• regularbachur
Right, we ARE fighting something huge and abnormal. But if I lose, and lose, and lose, that changes me for the worst. I become a monster who views things in completely skewed ways.
No one's saying that we as a generation are at fault. We have historically unprecedented exposure. At the same time, we can't go ahead and justify it and say it's normal, and ignore the issue. The metzius is that we are (sorry!) monsters, and as such, we must be aware of this, especially when dealing with those with more mainstream hormones and thought processes.
Last Edit: by .

Re: New to the forum 11 May 2011 04:38 #105642

• regularbachur
K, maybe the term monster is a little extreme, but it's sometimes not too far off.....

Re: New to the forum 11 May 2011 04:39 #105643

• regularbachur
Hey, SS, why did you edit that post?

Re: New to the forum 11 May 2011 16:37 #105685

• Serene smile
It seemed too harsh, and came from a very tired mind. 'Part' of you may be a monster indeed... All of you!?!?! I doubt it (we say 'dan es KOL ha'adam l'kaf zechus'.. Yes, even the 'monster' part.. The good part of you the mishna doesn't need to tell us about)
Last Edit: 11 May 2011 16:49 by .

Re: New to the forum 11 May 2011 19:23 #105723

• regularbachur
All of you, part of you, call it what you want. The bottom line remains that the more a person exposes himself to filth, the more his mind grows acccustomed to thinking in those terms. So yes, it makes a lot of sense for a lust addict to see inappropriate images in perfectly innocent ones. His mind wanders to places the average person can't even dream of imagining.

Re: New to the forum 11 May 2011 22:15 #105737

• Serene smile
"average person" .. I assume u mean average jew in a family jewish community.. Most of the planet aint so moral (to put it VERY mildly).. We're just blessed to have a Torah ... Either way,' what do u do now' is the question.(Anyway right now I'm wiped out and BH I don't have lust overtaking me, I do however need a good nap!)
Last Edit: 11 May 2011 22:34 by .

Re: New to the forum 12 May 2011 01:51 #105745

• regularbachur
Enjoy your sleep!

Re: New to the forum 12 May 2011 14:03 #105775

• luuustig
Hey guys, Im a little crabby thiis morning, ive been waiting for a shidduch to get back and this morning she did! I often experience anxiety and even OCD symptoms which can be quite painful. Im wondering if anyone experiences such feelings and what you do to break free of living in your brain which is a tremendous issue for me.
Luuustig

Re: New to the forum 12 May 2011 15:23 #105783

• regularbachur
Luuustig, what kind of anxiety are you experiencing? About whether she'll say yes after she does her research about you? Or - after a date, will she want to go out again...? Either way, it's an issue. As a bachur in the parsha as well(you and I have discussed this before),i understand what you're saying, and can associate with it as well. I'm just not sure which issue I should be addressing. Can you be a little bit more specific?

Re: New to the forum 12 May 2011 16:28 #105793

• Serene smile
Seems healthy and normal to me... Very annoying, but normal

Re: New to the forum 12 May 2011 18:42 #105814

• regularbachur
SS, there's natural normal anxiety, and then there's someone being obsessive about something. Being overly obsessive is a disorder. (although we have no idea necessarily if that is the case here...)

Re: New to the forum 12 May 2011 19:42 #105821

• Serene smile
Being overly obsessive is IS more natural i think..'Healthy anxiety' I believe, just aint as 'normal' as it should be..u seem to have good 'ideals' in ur heart and mind, but there seems to be much more dysfunction around than you are acknowledging really exists.. 'Healthy' is the goal.. But it unfortunately just aint so normal...(Clinical obsession is obviously cause for alarm... But average people mamosh drive themselves crazy over stupid stuff all day long, all across the world)
Last Edit: 12 May 2011 19:53 by .

Re: New to the forum 12 May 2011 20:00 #105822

• Serene smile
:-) ur a bachur (in yeshiva?) Way above average! The crem de'la crem!

Re: New to the forum 12 May 2011 23:13 #105835

• luuustig
I actually do suffer from a bit of OCD, I was in therapy for over a year. The therapy did help baruch hashem, but I still do suffer from it. I dont think it ever really goes away though I wish it would. My main issue is doubt. I can suffer from moments of what if....
Its very common by halacha issues. It says "ain simcha k'hataras hasfakus". I am medayak and say ain yisurim k'sfaikus. Its a very painful ssue for me but it feel good to just get it off my chest. I know I was given this particular challenge for a reason, just like my lust issue. i dont know if there is a connection between the two, but who knows.
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes