Welcome, Guest
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: let's pump it up 3480 Views

Re: let's pump it up 26 Jan 2011 21:36 #94589

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
So, I was like this. i was davenin' the mincha thingy & my eyes  :o roamed >    well, as I wuz saying, my eyes roamed along the seforim on the shelf. the noticed the sefer Tanna Dbei Eliyahu & I thought of our Tzaddik90 guy.

I didn't want to cheat & look ahead of the next lesson. So I looked at its neighbor on the bookshelf. 'Twas the Sefer Yalkut Hamekiri, a medrash on Sefer Tehilim. Opened it to Perek 51, the Kapitel of Teshuva & saw the 2nd shtikel.    It is GEVALDIG!!! 

Chaneinu Elokim k'chasdecha k'rov rachamecha m'chei pesha'oi.

To whom is Dovid Hamelech likened?

To the guy who had a wound & went and asked his doctor if he can heal him?

"I can," replied the Dapper Doctor, "but your finances are insufficient to cover the cost."

The man requested of his devoted doctor, "Please, take whatever monies I do have and the rest do on your own. Do it out of kindness and have mercy on me."

& this is what King David said: Chaneinu Elokim k'chasdecha k'rov rachamecha m'chei pesha'oi.......

Our lesson can be understood from a few angles.  We recognize that it is to much for us on our own. We are only doing a minuscule amount. It is Hashem who is doing the work!

Also: We must give it our all. The rest is up to Hashem.    We mustn't sit back while repeatedly proclaiming, "I am entirely ready to have Hashem remove all my defects of character."

Also:  We shouldn't look at the problem and give up. "I will never be able to conquer such a tall mountain." Even though it may be beyond our meager means, we Have a Rich Uncle [Hashem] who will make up the difference!        This would be a wrongful use of 'Hitting Bottom While On Top', giving up while there is still hope.
Last Edit: by .

Re: let's pump it up 26 Jan 2011 22:48 #94603

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
beautiful! thanks for sharing that
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: let's pump it up 27 Jan 2011 13:49 #94661

• tzaddik90
  • Platinum Boarder
Yosef, right on target my friend. Now that was some INTENSE torah action!!! (boooom  GET DOWN!!! BOOOM)

Re: let's pump it up 27 Jan 2011 15:35 #94672

• tzaddik90
  • Platinum Boarder
yosef, i like it more n' more. there's nothing like seeing it in authentic torah source...Geshmak!
IN LAST WEEK'S EPISODE OUR HERO FELL TO THE CLUTCHES OF THE EVIL ZANGVIL

Hello friends, and welcome back. To keep status quo, tis' better to leave our hero, Tanna Dbei Eliyahu, for next weeks journey. Its not always easy to have that perfect midrash that gives the squiggly thing in stomach feeling all the time.
and so lifee the mishne lamelech, the Rambam holds that the hana'as milve cant be better than the milve itself, like the Ra"ch, and that's why it's not in halacha zayinNonetheless, I will share with you a HEART GRIPPING STORY that will MAKE YOU feel ALL WARM inside;
SAYS THE MOST beautiful, holy wisdom of the R' Shlomo Freifeld book, which keeps making me cry:

"During the yom kippur war, the talmidim sat with their rebbe and heard his thoughts about the greatness of the jewish soldiers. Said one bochur in a critical way "But rebbe, they don't even keep the mitzvos". R' Shlomo pounded his fist on the table in protest and proclaimed "WE MUST WATCH WHAT WE SAY ABOUT OTHER JEWS BECAUSE WE WERE ALL ONCE ON THE 49TH LEVEL OF TU'MAH, AND JUST SEVEN WEEKS LATER WE GOT THE TORAH BY HAR SINAI!"

GEOINUS! GEOINUS!, LET THE MESSAGE RUN THROUGH OUR VEINS!
You see, we all have the parts of us that we want to change, and we try and try to improve, hoping to change and grow bigger-
So, when we view yenem and say "well, he doesnt even daven vasikin like me-he's a goy", we are SUCKING EVERY OUNCE OF GOODNESS FROM WITHIN HIM AND STATING THAT TO US IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR HIM TO EVER IMPROVE-
this is not how we want others to view us-we want everyone to say to us "you fell 2day? don't worry, your'e getting stronger each time"/"shmelke, your'e really a great guy, keep it up"
WE HAVE TO VIEW OURSELVES THIS WAY AND OUR FRIENDS, CUZ' IF WE REALLY DO WANT THEM/ OURSELVES TO IMPROVE, WEV'E GOT TO MAKE IT A POSSIBILITY, A POTENTIAL, A HOPE AND VISION

SHTEIG!!!
I think the franks on the grill...arre ready.....

Re: let's pump it up 27 Jan 2011 16:43 #94687

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
i love that book!

thanks for sharing that story, it's great!

here are some more:

A talmid chacham once came to him and recounted how he was having chinuch problems with his young daughter. R' Shlomo asked him, "do you tell her stories?"
"of course, I tell her about the Chofetz Chaim, the Barditchever and more" he replied.
R' Shlomo says, "She can never measure up to those tzadikim at her age, tell stories of Jesse James and Little Red Riding Hood and let her be a child!"

He was fond of relating about a certain non-Jewish reporter -Dorothy Thompson - who wrote for a newspaper and was sent to Europe to cover the Zionist Congress and the Agudah Convention (Knessiah Gedola). She went to the Zionist Congress and she also went to the Knessia, but she had to dress up as a man to gain entry.
She reported that at the Zionist Congress she saw the Jewish intellect. At the Agudah Knessia she saw the Jewish G-d.

zy'a
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: let's pump it up 27 Jan 2011 17:16 #94691

• tzaddik90
  • Platinum Boarder
Unbelievable, shkoiach. I'm gonna quote this
Have a good shabbos
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes