Welcome, Guest
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: nets corner 2889 Views

Re: nets corner 15 Apr 2010 22:36 #61491

• dovinisrael
  • Gold Boarder
LOL!

all normal feelings!

when I used to teach programming I would instruct the students to write their initial draft of the their programs in a CRAYON (did not really care which color - you pick )

this way they always knew that they could improve it the next time (even if nothing else but to rewrite the program/logic in pencil or pen.

I used to work for someone who set really unrealistic time frames.
I complained!!

he explained that the amount of features one put into the code is directly proportional to the amount of time allocated.
I realized he was right - if I was given more time, I'd add more features.

in other words - dont strive to be Bill gates.. do what you can in teh allocated time, and move on.

Last Edit: by .

Re: nets corner 15 Apr 2010 22:41 #61492

• nate62
  • Fresh Boarder
sweet, something to think about!!!

I always try and understand EVERYTHING, i just need to step back!!

Re: nets corner 11 May 2010 05:36 #64660

• nate62
  • Fresh Boarder
First of all, Beuatiful new forum!!!

Secod: I'm so pissed off, its my birthday tonight and I just slipped up today, I'm soooo annoyed, I was sitting by the computer, nothing was working out, and Iended up just slipping. Im soooooo bloody pissed off!¬!!!!!!

Cheers

Re: nets corner 11 May 2010 19:06 #64753

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday to NET...
Happy Birthday to YOU!!!

It just popped out!  ;D
Last Edit: 11 May 2010 19:07 by .

Re: nets corner 11 May 2010 19:19 #64760

• bardichev
KEEPON TRUCKIN MR NET

STOP SLIPPING

DONT BE DOWN

GEVALDIGGGGGGGGGGGG

YOMALEDET SAMYACH

Re: nets corner 11 May 2010 19:39 #64765

• Dov
  • Administrator
Not to piss a nice guy off further, but your hachloto back in April lasted two days.  Being horrible at keeping any hachlotos, myself, I am not about to criticize!

I am just trying to point out one thing:
You describe an incredible consistency when it comes to using lust. Acting out with lust seems to go through periods of daily or weekly consistency for you and you have stuck to it for years, apparently. I did the same. Whence the consistency?

Obviously we have a real problem that is bigger than we are, and it isn't going to just go away.

The steps are about accepting that this issue is bigger than we are and choosing to give up the fight when we see our track record. I do not know if you should be doing this, but some of your posts pretty closely describe my attitude in active addiction. Who the hell am I to know if you or any other person that myself is powerless and unmanageable?
I am a nobody, of course, and can only know myself, if I'm lucky. So all I am interested in doing with this post to you is point out something you may have missed.

Hatzlocho in doing with it what you will. Just look out for yet more hachlotos....
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: nets corner 12 May 2010 10:53 #64891

• Halevi
  • Fresh Boarder
Net wrote on 11 May 2010 05:36:

First of all, Beuatiful new forum!!!

Secod: I'm so pissed off, its my birthday tonight and I just slipped up today, I'm soooo annoyed, I was sitting by the computer, nothing was working out, and Iended up just slipping. Im soooooo bloody pissed off!¬!!!!!!

Cheers

I know how you feel. My birthday last year was exactly the same... I felt like trash because I hadn't kicked the habit. Well, tomorrow is my birthday and I'm now over 120 days clean so it can happen. Just stick around and work hard.

Re: nets corner 13 May 2010 02:24 #65112

• Dov
  • Administrator
Uh-oh...did I p.o. Net?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes