Welcome, Guest

Believe in yourself
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Believe in yourself 95 Views

Believe in yourself 14 Jul 2023 01:22 #398780

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I am at the beginning of my F2F journey and I am sharing some Divrei Chizuk I found useful. Reb Tzadok of Lublin writes in Tzidkas Hatzadik letter 44 that someone who has great challenges in this area shouldn't be depressed into thinking how blemished he is that he has such great challenges because the truth is just the opposite. Because he has such great challenges he is prepared for a powerful love and desire to seek the truth. In letter 46 he writes that although it says in Tehillim Hashem tells an evil person what business do you have learning torah, chazal tell us that everything the host tells you, you should listen to except for leave. He adds that this is why the story of the Maapilim who tried conquering Eretz Yisroel after Hashem told them they will die in the desert and Moshe told them that it won't succeed is written in the Torah. It is because even though they didn't succeed, it says in chazal that in the days before moshiach's arrival chutzpah (audacity) will be great. This is referring to the audacity of the maapilim to go to Eretz Yisroel even though they were told they won't succeed.  The story of the maapilim is relevant because before the coming of mashiach the maapilim will succeed. Some claim that he is also referring to the conquering of Eretz Yisroel but it is clear from his words that his main point is of conquering the evil inclination. Even if we are told that we won't succeed, nevertheless in the our day and time which is the period before the arrival of moshiach we will succeed. In letter 49 he writes that everyone should know that in the area that his is evil inclination challenges him very strongly he is a vessel prepared for those things to be extremely clean and pure by him. And in those areas that he sinned tremendously he should know that he is a vessel prepared to be clean and with a pure heart in exactly those specific areas. The book Tzidkas Hatzadik (צדקת הצדיק) can be found on the hebrewbooks.org website.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes