Welcome, Guest
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Chabad Chassidus 2919 Views

Chabad Chassidus 30 Jan 2018 23:34 #326194

• oivedelokim
  • Current streak: 61 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Please share use this thread for any insight on how to apply Chassidus Chabad to help with this struggle.
(What comes to mind is Tanya chap 27-28...) 
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

If you are reading this-you have a friend in me.
Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).
(For the background and meaning of my username- see Tanya chapter 15).

My current thread 

Re: Chabad Chassidus 28 Apr 2018 18:24 #330397

• anequivalentpath
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
Based on the associated issues of RID and isolation, this may be helpful:
Chapter III: Conquering Anxieties, Fears, Worries and “Nerves ...

Re: Chabad Chassidus 08 May 2018 06:52 #330793

A few ideas come to mind. I'll write them down briefly, but if anyone wishes I'll gladly expand them, upon request.

1. Satan achareinu

2. Heisech Hadaas-bittul-netinas makom

3. Man born with a hammer

1. We say in the Maariv prayer "masir Satan milfaneinu umeAchareinu"
"...Remove the Satan from before us, and from behind us." This can be understood to mean: first of all, we pray that we won't be approached by him in a challenge ("before us")—or at least that we should withstand the challenge while it is still before us.

UmeAchareinu: But even AFTER we have failed the challenge, may we not fall pray to him, when he still tries to get us down.

2. Chassidus discusses various levels of bittul, but really focuses on the second of two general levels: bittul yesh and bittul metziyus.
Bittul Yesh (BY) = I remain me as I was, but I suppress it for the sake of some other purpose (i.e. hiskafya; 12 step programs—I remain an addict but keep away from unwanted things; mussar—working on middos etc, meaning I am a metziyus who is working on middos.).
Bittul Metsius (BM) = I connect to something higher than me, and am inspired by it to the point of leaving my previous position in desire for it. (For this, one needs to REALLY learn Chassidus; the kind of learning a Brisker would exercise when learning Gemara, questions, pilpul and all!) Hesech Hadaas from this issue = reconnecting/rewiring (daas = connection) to something else.

3. Another nice thought I recall: a man is created with a shoe in hand...comes to the conclusion that he must be a cobbler. A man... with scissors...goes to become a barber. Born with anger... "I'm a terrible person!" ?!?!
If G-d gave you something it's because it was intended that way, for you to fix and elevate. This generation apparently has a duty to fix the lust problems of all previous generations, to prepare the way for Mashiach. So let's do it!

Re: Chabad Chassidus 26 Dec 2018 00:09 #338029

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes