Welcome, Guest
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Freedom 2136 Views

Freedom 07 Apr 2015 20:23 #251897

Guys, I just want to share my Seder experience. It's the first year we're doing Seder at home. My brother came by with his wife, but I was concentrated in my daughters. It was an amazing seder. God just opened the heaven for me, I understood things I had no chance to understand before. I finally understood what freedom is, what slavery is. I finally got how people are in damn slavery, but they feel free until the labor becomes too heavy. I finally understood what does it mean to be free - it means to be god's slave, the slave of the real freedom.

We finished the Seder pretty late, I had a short sleep and then I went to synagogue. I'm the Baal Kore there, so I read Shir Hashirim; it was so exciting this year, I cried in the synagogue, during the trading. I hope nobody understands why. I felt this love, this relationship, as never before.

I was a humiliated slave of my screwed up brain, of my addiction. I couldn't even understand that before it became too painful. I'm free now, because hashem freed us, not only our predeccesors. We have the ability to break free from any kind of slavery because of this amazing paranatural day. We're god's slaves, hence we can celebrate a real freedom.

So guys, whenever you are, whatever you're doing now, whichever is your state. Cheer up to say thank you for the ability to break free; grab another bottle of wine just for him. Freedom! Freedom! Freedom!
If I quit now I'll soon be back to where I STARTED. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I'm NOW.

Re: Freedom 29 Apr 2015 16:44 #253403

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Amen!!
I see you have one more day till 90 days. Best of luck. (and after.)
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Freedom 29 Apr 2015 18:24 #253422

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Dittos

Re: Freedom 29 Apr 2015 18:47 #253434

Improvement,
I am so happy for you! Thank you for the inspiration.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes