Welcome, Guest

eitzah tovah (k'mashmalan)
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: eitzah tovah (k'mashmalan) 2143 Views

eitzah tovah (k'mashmalan) 22 Sep 2014 10:30 #240111

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
hi friends,

heard this idea. maybe good to share, maybe not, you decide.

we all know that there is TONS and TONS to improve, and we feel FAR away from any real changes in life.....
so instead on coming on rosh hashana with a load of guilt and nothing more, try this.
beat your yetzer hara just once, when you have a battle next time, and tell Hashem, ok, i'm bringing something, even if its really kinda small, it shows that you are doing something about your situation.
i love you all

Re: eitzah tovah (k'mashmalan) 22 Sep 2014 15:45 #240117

• cordnoy
Good thought
thanks

once we are givin' suggestions.....

I heard over the following: Why do we need to pass over before the RS"O? If he's judgin' our deeds, let Him do just that?
The answer perhaps might be is the judgment is on our entirety; who are we? who are you? who am I? You go before Him and the judgment is on you. Perhaps...even if you didn't beat your y"h once, you can say, "Hey, I might do things wrong, but this (the guy who has the resolve to recover) is who I am.

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: eitzah tovah (k'mashmalan) 22 Sep 2014 20:41 #240144

lavi wrote:
hi friends,

heard this idea. maybe good to share, maybe not, you decide.

we all know that there is TONS and TONS to improve, and we feel FAR away from any real changes in life.....
so instead on coming on rosh hashana with a load of guilt and nothing more, try this.
beat your yetzer hara just once, when you have a battle next time, and tell Hashem, ok, i'm bringing something, even if its really kinda small, it shows that you are doing something about your situation.

Another good idea (mentioned in the sforim) is too make a kabala/resolution of one red line that you will not cross no matter what. Each person knows his situation, and needs to decide what that one thing will be for him. (e.g. for one person it may be to no longer watch youtube, for another it may be to no longer go to mixed gyms, to no longer use unfiltered devices, to no longer have lustful chats with females, etc.) This way, even if you ch"v cannot remain completely sober in all areas, you still have accomplished something great.

Hatzlacha

MT

Re: eitzah tovah (k'mashmalan) 28 Sep 2014 10:39 #240379

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
if you forget zochrainu l'chaim you don't go back, or any of the other "life" requests; if you forget Hamelech Hakodoish, you go back...hmmm...seems like a lesson to learn....if one is up to it...
i love you all

Re: eitzah tovah (k'mashmalan) 28 Sep 2014 15:04 #240395

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
how about staying on your place while you finish l'dovid, after all you are saying "shifti bvais Hashem" and running out doesn't make you look like an honest fella.
i love you all
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes