Welcome, Guest
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mayim Genuvim 5851 Views

Re: Mayim Genuvim 04 Aug 2013 07:34 #214878

• cordnoy
or as the gemora in hamafkid says: hai deshasak mishum d'lo yada....I simply do not know...the issue is a complex one
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Mayim Genuvim 05 Aug 2013 19:50 #215048

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
cordnoy wrote:
or as the gemora in hamafkid says: hai deshasak mishum d'lo yada....I simply do not know...the issue is a complex one

i'm with cordnoy on that
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Mayim Genuvim 08 Aug 2013 17:02 #215423

• moish u.k.
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Winning is a team effort!
In all these discussions it helps to be clear, are we talking about someone who has an addiction, or are we talking yeitser hora?

I think that the Gemora quoted is talking about yeitser hora, but not addiction.

Lets take a classic example of addiction. An alcoholic. Does he drink because the alcohol that he has at home isn't good enough? No, the reason that he drinks is to have a mind altering effect.

Food. Most people eat beacause they are hungry and are then satisfied, untill they get hungry again later. However the compulsive overeater uses food for a different purpose. Its to get their fix. Now, we know that with addiction we are never satisfied. We get a momentory illusion of being satisfied but that quickly wears off. So the food addict will eat again, (because maybe more food will satisfy...). And when that doesn't satisfy he will try other delicious types of foods etc

Now, the food addict may have have loads of food in the house, but will feel compelled to go looking for food outside the house. Why? Because the tuna and pickles isn't giving him his fix.

The reason why the sex addict will go looking for "more" is because what he has already isn't satisfying.

There is a saying in NA (Narcotics Anonymous) "One is too many, a thousand is not enough..."

This is the nature of addiction. It NEVER satisfies. Thats why it is progressive, and i end up breaking new boundaries

Re: Mayim Genuvim 30 Nov 2014 17:26 #244333

• cordnoy
A hangin' thread - that's for sure.

who knows?

but as D.W. or S.W. said:
In good times and bad times
I'll (this poisonous lust) be on your side forever more
That's what lust is for......

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes