Welcome, Guest

The Importance of a Solid Foundation
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Importance of a Solid Foundation 1942 Views

The Importance of a Solid Foundation 11 Mar 2013 02:21 #203316

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
I wanted to share an insight that occurred to me over the past few Parshiyos. It seems that whenever the Kiyor is mentioned, its base is mentioned as well ("es haKiyor v'es kano"). One would imagine that the base is simply a means to support the Kiyor, and that the base has no intrinsic Kedusha of its own. However, this does not seem to be correct. First of all, if that were so, why mention the base every time. But, even more significant, when the Pesukim talk about anointing the Mishkan and everything in it (Shemos 40, 9-11), HKB"H specifically commands to anoint "es haKiyor v'es kano" (Shemos 40, 11). This clearly indicates that the base has its own Kedusha. But why should that be?

It seems that the Torah is teaching us the tremendous importance of having a solid foundation. If the base is needed to hold up the Kiyor, then the base itself has Kedusha on par with the Kiyor.

Rabbosai, it is well known that Zehirus in matters of Kedusha and Tzniyus, in Shemiras Einayim and Shemiras HaBris, is called Yesod. It's the foundation of our Avodas Hashem. That puts it on par with keeping the rest of the Torah, just as the Kedusha of the base is on par with the Kedusha of the Kiyor.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: 11 Mar 2013 02:25 by kedusha.

Re: The Importance of a Solid Foundation 11 Mar 2013 02:48 #203321

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevaldig!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes